Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which came first???

When it's a lifelong thing it's tough to pinpoint when the feelings start actually. I kinda remember thinking how the clothes really didn't change who I was. I always wanted to look nice though, so kind of compromised and considered myself a tomboy and wore what I could when I could. Once you reach a certain point it kind of snowballs and you go for the whole enchilada, meaning underwear, enhancements, dresses, wigs, makeup, jewelery, the whole nine yards. Basically recreating who you are in a way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

[SIZE="3"]Started about age 14, using sisters swim suit, hose, and a dress. Did not fully dress until age 51![/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I started at age 6, wearing my older sisters panties. I was in my late teens before I dressed further then an occasional bra along with the panties. Now I have enough femme clothes to dress at least 2, maybe 3, girls besides myself.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just A Girl Next Door
    It was very gradual. I think I always wanted to dress as a girl, but didn't actually put on a skirt until I was 14. Then just a sweater or dress, then a bra, then some shoes. That took several years. When I was about 30 the hair started thinning so a wig was necessary. Then some lipstick, but I was about 40 before I used any other makeup. I started going out and about fully dressed a couple years ago, finally, at age 42. I can't figure out why it took so long, but I guess every step along the way was a necessary one.

With me it was baby steps....literally. I really can't remember when the 1st. time was when I tried on my Mom's panties, but it must have been around 5 or 6. My 2 older girl cousins baby sat me for my Mom and they dressed me up in their old girls clothes quite often. I do remember them doing this and enjoyed it very much, actually it seemed to me that this was how I should have been dressed all of the time. (About 200 years later, they asked me if I remembered and I said yes, but just a little) (the 200 years was a little exageration.)

hugs to everyone
    Lots of hugs

Karen Marie

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    When I first read the title I have to admit I was thinking something totally different. Well of course the chicken came first duh!

When I was a little "girl" (i think most everyone has come to terms with the fact that i never really was a boy) I mainly started with pantyhose. But i think that was because of lack of options. There I had no siblings at all at the time. Nothing any of the adults had would fit me so I often used a t-shirt with the sleeves tucked in as a skirt w/ one of my mothers camis w/ the straps tied so they would fit me.

I dont know if that helps at all . . . i know i am kind of an odd case. Maybe just an oddball lol!

Started partially about 10 years old. I was in my late 20's when I started to dress completely.

I remember the first time I dressed I was in first grade, I was over at a friends house and I asked her if I could try on one of her dresses, She asked her mother and let me try one on I was in Heaven . It wasn't until I was 11 or 12 that I started dressing in my mothers clothes they belonged to a bowling league and let me stay home alone. I would go for it all panties , girdle , stockings , bra , dress and shoes I would go out side and just walk around.

I had access to only a few things way back then. mostly skirts ans a few dresses some hose hear and there and a few pairs of shoes. And didn't know much about dressing I just knew I liked it.
    Angie

Growing up I would occasionaly try on a skirt or dress of my older sister. In college I grabed a bathrobe of my girlfriend and wore it while she was in the tub. After I got married I bought a leotard and a pair of high heels on clearance. I put those on once or twice with a little padding for breasts. Not much beyond that until I was 40 and tried make-up one night. It was a horrible effort and my wife fell asleep before I even finished. Didn't try again for 10 years!!

At that point we had one adult daughter in the house and time to ourselves on a regular basis. The first couple of tries were pretty scary but I kept reading and practicing and got better. After a 2 week trip by myself I was getting better at walking and moving so we bought some more tops and dresses. Finally got a makeover the next year and I've been going out in public more and more ever since. I occasionally wear jeans or slacks but prefer dresses. And I always wear panties now, unless I'm going to my mothers house.
    Sally

My earliest memories are of me fully dressed, with makeup.

To this day it's the total presentation that's rewarding, not any particular item.

Silver Member
    Panties at 5 or 6 which progressed quickly to anything I could find to wear. Makeup was later.

It is a revealing question because it shows how CDing progresses and is not as black and white as some make out. Nearly all CDs begin with only lingerie or if that is not at hand anything else. But usually the focus is just on a few items which are very feminine in nature. This is because initially we just want to feel girly and need very little to accomplish this.

But our human need quickly gets satiated and we begin to ramp up the clothes selection seeking fresh new items which allows us to maintain high levels of excitement and pleasure until eventually we end up wanting to fully emulate all aspects of a woman. But this typically takes years to reach this stage.

In this respect CDing starts off as a seed which germinates and requires ever increasing resources to fuel its growth. Interestingly, for those with the freedom to dress on a daily basis a crossroads is met. For some full emulation satisfies the need and they wish to go no further and the CDing actually goes into decline with the former overwhelming urge receding. This is usually accompanied with a realization that a full transformation is unnecessary and so there is less use of wigs, makeup, breastforms etc. For others even full emulation does not satisfy and then the desire moves onto the final step of full time, either with or without surgery.

But the above is not a smooth road to travel along. It is constantly being interrupted as the CD jumps into his closet of shame and guilt, purges, denial and restrictions. This means everyone is traveling at different speeds and with many pit stops interrupting the journey.

the happy camper
    First crossdressing experience that I remember was when my mom made me wear a pair of my sister's panties because my underwear were all dirty. I think I was about 5.

Second was when my sister talked me into going trick-or-treating in drag. I was 10 or 11.

I don't remember the next one exactly, but it would've been when I hit puberty and began to be curious about the female underthings hanging out in the bathroom. I would wear my mom's bra and panties, and play with her makeup. I started dressing up more fully on the occasions when I was left alone in the house. I would add pantyhose, dress, and high heels. I didn't need a wig in those days.

So that was the progression. It followed my growing interest and the available opportunities.

Aspiring Member
    Like Danielle Gee, my older sister dressed me up as a girl when I was 4 or 5 years old. From then on I would borrow their stockings or try on their swimsuits, eventfully making the connection to panties, bra and dressing completely as a woman in my teens including makeup. I started using feminine hygiene products in my late teens to this day.
    I have been opening the closet door somewhat the last few years and have started to venture out. My goal is to go grocery shopping on a Halloween night wearing a blouse, pencil skirt, makeup, heels and earrings.

My first steps were undies, hose, and heels. Then I figured that if this felt so wonderful, the rest must feel even better. Guess what? It did, and I have never looked back or regretted going the distance.

Well, being only 8 at the time dressing fully wasn't an option. My mom was bigger than I was and never wore a wig or used much makeup.
    As I grew older and could gather my own clothes I progressed to the point where I wanted to wear makeup and be more feminine in my appearance. At about 17 I bought my first wig and makeup and began to explore it's use.
    I wish that I had had someone who could have shown me the ropes at that age, but I was so scared that someone would find out and make a scene that I dared not ask anyone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    my first recollection of being dressed was at grans house (stayed there at weekends)i wore aunties yellow maxi dress and pink button thru cardigan,fortunately my colour matching has improved I was 10yo.I continued to wear my mums clothes.till I was able to afford a small stash of my own.was the same scenario in my first marriage,at this stage I never wore makeup or wig (used to st scarf over my head).

I admit I didnt treat my first wife with respect she deserved thats why I vowed to be a different person if I found somene else.now with the support of my wife I dress most days,always with makeup and wig now.I always remember never to take things for granted

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I think I started out with undergarments but I am not sure , I was 2-3 years old , just never stopped , I am pre-op. TS.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Through out my early years into my early 20's I was always lucky enough to have a friendly caring girl next door, even though we moved cities 3 times.
    My earliest memories of 'girldressing' is of when I was about 3yo. Jackie, my neighbour, was older and was at school and I would often join in playing with her and schoolfriend Teresa. We would often play in Jackies 'Wendy House', Jackie, the mum, Teresa, the dad and me thier daughter !
    She would dress me in her old clothes often, I didn't mind, I knew no better, it was just play and I never complained either!