Thread: Crossdressing and masculinity?

Crossdressing and masculinity?

Have any of you girls find that CDing in some way or the other helps enhance your masculinity when you are in 'man' mode?

Ever since coming to grips with being a CDer, I've been able to compartmentalize my life better. I have my feminine side, but I also have my masculine side, and I find that the more I feed my feminine side, the more my masculine side grows. I even feel I understand what women want from a man a bit better, by my experience with my feminine side.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Gold Member
    Actually Michelle...this is exactly how I feel. My CDing has taught me alot about women, and makes me appreciate them more than I ever have before, and as a result, my male side is growing in a way I would never have expected. So it's been an important journey for me as well as an educational one. Thanks for posting.

This post reminds me of the day I came out to my mother in law (it was an epic day). One of the questions she dared asking to me was "If you love taking care of yourself as a woman, why are you so neglected as a man ?" Right question. That day, she might have made connections between my male and my female part. It really was a gift. Now I try to wear more colors and clothes according to my global sensibility. I try to take more care of my male clothes. And my global sensibility, I discovered it while crossdressing. Thanks to my mother in law

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Actually Michelle...this is exactly how I feel. My CDing has taught me alot about women, and makes me appreciate them more than I ever have before, and as a result, my male side is growing in a way I would never have expected. So it's been an important journey for me as well as an educational one. Thanks for posting.
    Michelle:

I feel exactly the same as Miranda. My Male persona has grown in many ways I'd never thought possible. In just one example, I never join in the mindless criticism of their Wives and Girlfriends that seems to spontaneously erupt whenever a group of Guys get together. I guess I can relate to what the Ladies are dealing with!!

Danielle

Aspiring Member
    I never felt the need or had the epiphany of my male side growing just because I started dressing more.

Truth be told, early on, it seemed I sometimes overly amplified my male side after a Shari session.

I think you call it guilt. Shame, maybe?

I'm good with it now and what you're experiencing will pass too once you've become more accepting of yourself.

The qualities compliment one another whether one is in a relationship with a woman or in sync with self.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Now I am more friendly to my coworkers, and stay away from my worthless, user friends. Now I judge people not by the book of cover, and I don't have problems to talk to girls anymore, and my way of thinking is more logical now.

Hi,

Compartmentalize,

Some thing i would have struggeled with . A detail that never entered my thinking . & i dought i could have seperated my male & female side .if really it was there,

In fact i could not, because i never saw any difference even when young . i see it it others , just not my self . my ? is how do you do that . to me its like you have a switch you turn left or right. i never had that switch.

So trying to find the word that fits, i spos its , im amazed, that those of you who dress can do that,

...noeleena...

I dress as a female for fun, but somehow she developed her own way of thinking.
    I applied her thinking into my daily life, then I developed my new way of acting.
    I am educating myself with my hidden potential, and try to improve myself in all aspects since I don't have any companions.
    DIY right?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

absolutely

And even more! I'm sure we've all heard men say "I just don't understand women"! Well, in the last 5 years Tina has given my masculine side a crash course in understanding women (particularly my wife). There has never been a time in my life when I have been able to be more effectively masculine!

Understanding and knowledge is always a plus!

tina and him!

Well I have to say that when I'm in guy mode I still have fun but there are times when the lines blur so I am very careful and it depends what I am doing and where Im at. I have been very luck to meet a GG who loves me and my crossdressing. She says that this is her very first experienc with a CDr and she will never go back. She says that she has never known a man who really cares about her as a woman and understands what she is going through. We go out together as a girls and as girl friend and boy friend she and I both love shopping in the mall and little stores when I am dressed and she said it gives her a chance to go out and shop with her best friend for those girliest of things, Fun!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What is this mythical "masculinity" of which you speak?

Platinum Member
    I don't know that i'm more masculine, but I may be a better person for coming to grips with myself. I know I'm less prone to angry outbursts, more emotionally intelligent and less uptight about letting my more feminine traits come out. I'm still a work in progress, as we all are, of course.

[SIZE="3"]KathyC, I see you are in China. Is cding looked down on there, as in western nations? I understand there is a vast shortage of girls in China, too. Do you go out in public? I would guess with the shortage of firls there, you would be noticed, and pursued.[/SIZE]

I think the answer for me is that my female and male side have blended in such a way that they have become one. Yes I understand women better now.

The only issue which compartmentalizes now is love making. I definitely want to be the guy and not the girl there.
    Michelle

I got moves like Jagger. randumbness's Avatar
    Yes, it has definitely improved my relationship with women and strengthened my masculine side. Having conversations with my very close girl friends was enhanced when I told them about my crossdressing. It changes them. They seem to trust you more. And en femme, I have come to understand what women have referred to as masculine behavior as well as what they accept when it comes to that kind of behavior. It makes me proud especially when my male friends can't figure out how I understand certain women so well. So yeah, it has shaped my masculine side enough so that I can toot my horn and say, yeah, I'm totally masculine AND date-able. xD

I find that the more I CD the less I want to wear anything male and on a daily basis the only item of male clothing I usually wear is a tee shirt - just enjoy what you wear and like - smiles - Ellen

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Oh, I thought it was just me getting older and wiser and exhibiting much more self-confidence and assuredness. Maybe CDing has helped too. It still amazes me every time I get out to a club in drag just what a fuss the girls make over me and my friends. If they like me that much in drag just imagine what they'll think of me in drab but looking good. It's downright scary!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

yes, kind of what you say, though maybe in a diff. way. i'm slightly on the androgynous side as a man in some ways, and before accepting my crossdressing i was maybe always a bit down on myself about that (in the back of my mind, not conscious). but since accepting that i'm not a "normal" man anyway since i'm a crossdresser, i find i like my male side more, i don't judge it by the standards of regular masculinity anymore, and i feel more "myself" as a man, more real than before. paradoxical, no? like i'm more relaxed about gender now. i guess for now i'm most comfortable going back and forth between androgynous male and man-dressed-up-as-woman. we'll see what happens.