Thread: Emergencies

Emergencies

Has anyone ever fallen off their high heels and broke something?

I just went outside with Elizabeth and lo and behold one of my heels got stuck between the planks in the deck. I almost toppled. She said she would have a hell of a time trying to change me and get my makeup off before the paramedics came.

The she suggested she might have to cut the skirt and blouse off me. To which I responded: anything but the black pencil skirt. I'd rather go in it to the hospital than loose it. That made her fall off the chair because she laughed so hard.

Now I wonder if I would change before I would call the ambulance for her. I think not!

What's your take?
    Last edited by Kathryn Martin; 08-15-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Emergency Services Please, I need an ambulance at the general's office in 2 hours

Kathryn -

There's an old story that an unnamed Prussian general serving in the German Army was struck down by a heart attack. When the summoned medical assistance arrived he was pronounced dead and it was noted that no one had summoned medical assistance quickly enough or he might have been saved. Rumor had it that the members of his staff who first found him wouldn't summon emergency medical aid until they had gotten the general out of his tutu and back into a proper uniform!
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    That was one of the things that used to scare me the most before I came out to my family. Tho I was young when I came out (15/16) I was still not allowed to "leave the house" dressed as my father was scared someone would see. Many times I would leave, go over to a friends house, change and then go out. So it really scared me cause if something happened and my dad got called he probably would have just left me there by myself at the hospital. Looking back now I almost wish something had (nothing major of course) that way maybe he would have been forced to face it back then rather than still trying to ignore it. To this day I can be wearing a dress/heels/makeup/my nails done etc and he still refuses to call me by my legal name but instead uses my birth name.

Kathryn et al:

As a former first responder, I want you to know that they have seen it all. They will be more concerned about your injury than your clothing. At the hospital or emergency center, there will be someone who will assist you in removing yoru makeup. They know how to do it quickly and cleanly.

Yes, the responders may chat about it later, but it is unlikely that you would be "laughed at".
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

by Kathryn's side Elizabeth Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberta_Pat View Post
    Kathryn et al:

As a former first responder, I want you to know that they have seen it all. They will be more concerned about your injury than your clothing. At the hospital or emergency center, there will be someone who will assist you in removing yoru makeup. They know how to do it quickly and cleanly.

Yes, the responders may chat about it later, but it is unlikely that you would be "laughed at".
    The only problem with that scenario is that I actually work in the ER that Kathryn would be taken to.

Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth D View Post
    The only problem with that scenario is that I actually work in the ER that Kathryn would be taken to.

Elizabeth
    I have exactly this same issue. My SO works at the nearest hospital and is very concerned that if something happens to me and I need to go to the hospital, she'll be embarrassed. She has stated that she may need to have me taken to another city. Not sure if she would hold to that position in a true emergency.

When I broke my knee cap, hurt like hell, I had on all womens clothes. Bra, panties, jeans and top. Ambulance crew was really cool about it. At the ER a male nurse started to undress me, till he saw my bra. Then he asked if I might want my wife to help me get undressed. I told him it didn't matter, he's probably seen it before, he said sure. Then he helped me get down to my panties.,,...BJ

Wow, does this story hit home with me! I was walking from my car to my hotel room with my breast forms in and must admit, I was enjoying the feel of "the bounce". So I put a 'lil pep in my step while wearing my favorite heels. I should point out that I wear these heels ALOT and have NO problem walking in them. Well, the ground was a 'lil wet and some leaves were on the ground , when all of a sudden ........... well my heels were in the air and my ass was on the ground. Luckily, nothing was broken, but I did think about how I would explain this if I had broken or injured something. Chances we take I guess
    Vash
    24th Century Grande Dame

you'd be amazed at how many people choke to death in restaurant restrooms. The reason? They want to avoid embarrassment. So when an object gets stuck in their throat and they can't breathe, they quietly go to the restroom. Now alone, with no-one to help nor call 911, they die.

I'll take embarrassment over death any day. Besides, EMT's aren't trained to unbutton and carefully remove your clothes in an emergency, they carry scissors in a holster so that they can cut 'em off quickly. And they don't really care, nor worry, about what you are wearing.

The only real "rule" is the one that mother's tell their little girls, and that is to have nice, unsoiled and undamaged, underwear on so that you won't be embarrassed at the emergency room. That's it, that's all you have to worry about.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    A city councilman in a large city was arrested for dWI here in the US. The paper published the story about his arrest and a picture of him. The paper didn't mention that he had a dress on and the picture was such that it was not obvious. For all I know he is still serving in that position.

Friends that have worked in ER talk and joke about weird things that happen. But, they try to be professional (at least most do) while dealing with the situation, and they don't talk about it in a way that others would know who it was.

I was out the other day buying a skort for golf when the car wouldn't start. Nobody to car except for AAA or to figure out how to fix the car. Solution: I went into Unltimate Electronics and a nice guy there offered to help jump my car off. As it turned out the only problem was that one of the posts on the battery was loose. When tightened, the car worked fine. That is the closest that I have come to having trouble while dressed.

As for you issue of an emergency room, make sure you have clean panties.
    Michelle

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.
    Well, I had a heart attack while out on a bike ride. I can remember the comment made while they were stripping me at the hospital, in preparation for a femural artery catheter, about taking off my "Lance Armstrong pants." The really curious comment was when I was getting release information. The nurse said something about "no matter what gender you think you are, you to consider medications based on your genetic sex." This one really surprised me - did she think I didn't know or consider myself male? And what would make her think that? My legs were shaved, but lots of cyclists do that. Did I talk in my sleep? I'll never know, but I find it curious...

Lee

I've always been afraid that, if I get a heart attack, I'll be shocked by those paddle thingies and my jewelry will burn me. After all, I wear feminine jewelry hidden even when I'm dressed normally.

I can definately relate to your broken heel story. I have a sundeck on the second story of my house, which is covered with sailcloth from floor to handrail height (for privacy). The deck floor is covered with outdoor carpeting. I go out on the deck year round. I just have to duck down during the daylight hours.

One time I went out at night, lugging my telescope (one of those big ones with remote control and tripod legs) out to set it up for star gazing. I was walking across the deck and my heel poked through carper and the spacing in the deck board floor. I went sailing across the deck onto the floor, telescope and all. I did not get hurt, and managed to save damage to the telescope. But I made a hell of a lot of noise (it was about 3am). I just stayed flat on the deck and remained quiet for about 15 minutes, in case any neighbors were investigating. Most have learned to just ignore stuff like that from my house...lol

I also snapped a heel spike completely off one time, when I was coming in the slider door and caught it wedged in the door threshold.

I have lived alone most of my life. I have never been concerned about burglars and home invasion issues, since I am in a security related business myself. My house would be a burglar’s worst nightmare if they were stupid enough to make my house a target.

One of the downsides of living alone is of course, not having anyone around to “rescue” you in an emergency. If your arm is caught in the shredder, you are out of luck.

Taking the issue a step further, I have often wondered about the CD side of this issue. If I needed an ambulance or a rescue, would I take the time to change into male clothes to avoid discovery…even if taking that time might make my emergency issue more severe?

I got my answer last February. I had an inguinal hernia that I had procrastinated having repaired, since it was not causing me any physical problems. Just sitting downstairs watching a movie, and all of a sudden something felt “wrong”. I went upstairs to the bathroom and immediately ended up flat on my back on the floor. My hernia had “bulged out” big time. Big knot on right groin and I felt if I moved, something really bad would probably occur.

So, there I was in my typical black mini and stuff, flat on my back on the floor of the bathroom thinking about what a drag it would be to die like that. That was the point when I realized I had to make a choice…not about calling 911 or a friend…that was a given. I had to decide how important concealing my CD really was to me. Do I just call and let the cards fall where they fall? Or do something stupid like risk serious injury by trying to change into male clothes first?

I opted for the risky route of trying to change clothes. I finally managed to massage the bulge back into my body where it belonged and across the floor, then onto my bed. I went to sleep as is hoping I would wake up the next morning with the power to change clothes. That is exactly what happened. I made my own hernia “truss” the next day and made the appointment with a surgeon to have surgery the next week.

So, on some level I learned something about myself. I am willing to take drastic measures and risk my health if necessary…to conceal my CD.

Now I am wondering what I would do if I had an ice pick in the side of my head? I guess I will just have to wait and see….lol

Hey, anybody that claims this CDing is easy is a liar. It takes lots of practice and there are hazards everywhere...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not yet is all i can say...for now.

but as your mom always said wear clean panties.

I love all your stories

I love all your stories and comments. There something so human about them that it warms my heart. And sometimes we need to laugh with ourselves

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Well, I work in a large hospital. Not in the ER but the lab so I deal with ER people all the time.
    If I was broght in fully dressed as Stacey I guess I wouldn't have to worry about how to come out to my job anymore.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I am currently involved in emergency services and I can tell you with 100% certainty that individuals' responses to something like that will be as varied as there are individuals. Some may make an off-color comment, some may out right laugh, some may stay professional until they get back at the station and tell there buddies, some may call everyone else over to see, and some may never mention it the rest of their lives. A lot of it has to do with not only the individuals themselves but the professional atmosphere or "customer service level" of the organization, ie: how far would a complaint go. I can tell you Dallas/Chicago/LA etc Fire Departments Administrations have more important issues at hand than a complaint over one of the guys snickering or even blurting out WTF? An upscale community of 20 or 40 thousand, the fire dept would probably come down on someone pretty hard, although keep in mind that they typically only act on formal complaints that are signed by the complainant.

With aaaallllllll that being said, I myself turned an ankle pretty bad while on a rescue call and just swallowed the pain until i could limp home, clean off all traces of nail polish on my toes and then "decide" that it was bad enough to go get looked at. I live in a small town with a small town ER and small town rumor mill.

My $.02

Kim

[SIZE="3"]Elluzion, Thanks for sharing that, about the hernia. I remember you mentioning your hernia, last Feb, when i had hernia surgery. I ronically, at the VA hospital, the "gowns" they made us men patients, were very feminine looking!! I agree, that cding is dangerous, and makes one feel like a secret agent, in dangerous places! Always a good idea, to have drab change of clothes, in the car. Unfortunately, when out and about, "stuff can happen", and accidents, other "stuff" can happen, and we may well end up in an ambulance, OR POLICE CRUISER.[/SIZE]

by Kathryn's side Elizabeth Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieC View Post
    I have exactly this same issue. My SO works at the nearest hospital and is very concerned that if something happens to me and I need to go to the hospital, she'll be embarrassed. She has stated that she may need to have me taken to another city. Not sure if she would hold to that position in a true emergency.
    I guess I should clarify that I would not be embarrassed for my co-workers to see Kathryn. I could give a flying fig what they think. My concern is and always will be Kathryn's well being. I would never want him to be thought less of or made to feel ashamed. When and if he is ready to "come out" in public I will be right there by his side. Like now, then I will be a protective Mama bear and do what I can to make him feel confident and beautiful!