Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your clothes and accessories?

Where do you keep your clothes and accessories?

Ok - so I'm finally accepting my feminine side and desires. I have come to the realization that it isn't going away. The problem is in a home with my wife (who knows a little about my needs), and two sons (one 10 and the other 21), where can I keep my things? And when can I dress? I never get the house all to myself.

Eva

Steel Cabinet

I used to store my stuff in boxes in the garage. I got tired of digging through the boxes and my cloths were always wrinkled. Eventually, I purchased a locking steel cabinet from Craigslist. It measures about 6ft tall, 4ft wide and 2ft deep. My wigs, shoes and accessories are nicely organized on the shelves and I installed a cloths bar to hang my clothing. I mounted belt racks and mirrors on the inside of the doors and the entire cabinet is lit by a $20 fluorescent light. Now all of my things are securely locked up... but organized and accessible when I need them.

Not far from Tolkien's Middle Earth in the UK
    ...tis an eternally annoying question that for a CD :-p

I've always had to stuff items down the back of my wardrobe, or cupboard & i've destroyed quite a few things this way.

I would say that a greater problem then storage is cleanliness... washing said clothes & then trying to dry them in stealth is hugely hard. I ruined alot more clothes through moisture damage as I couldn't just hang them on the line.

Anyone else had problems with washing them?

Now my family know about this I just hang the stuff up among my shirts and for now, no one has actually said anything. For storage I keep my dresses either hanging up in the wardrobe & in a lovely box along with my shoes. Makeup is kept in these little blue satin pouches I came across whilst working on an event. Keep my accessories in there too.

I hope these issues get eaiser for you Evadan, though you might have to get creative before you "come out."
    I could eat Alice's imagination for breakfast & still have room for Narnia

Maybe telling your wife might help get your things in the closet. That's where I keep mine but then again I don't have a wife anymore. I get the whole closet now.
    Michelle

Hi i keep mine in the attic in a bag they also get creased and need washing now and again ,i can wash dry and iron them in couple of hours when the wife is out although she knows i have them.must admit its quite hard if your totally in the closet .my best advice is keep them in bag in a loft space etc where the wife dosnt go as for dressing its just a case of waiting for the right time because i can assure you it will come if not too often it makes it all the more special .good luck

Platinum Member
    I keep mine in my closet right next to my otherwear. My wife knows, of course, and is quite supportive.

My advice is to talk to your wife. If she knows, then even if she is unwilling to participate, it just makes sense to keep your things in your closet.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

let your wife help

In our house, all the girl clothes hang in one side of the closet, the boy clothes in the other. My wife and I are not that different in size so slipping in a couple of dresses and such is not a big deal, and there are many sized clothes in our closet so it's no issue. My shoes are in my male shoe boxes under my regular shoes. My forms are under out of season clothes in the upper shelf of my closet. I do have one suit carrier which some of Tina's clothes that she doesn't wear very often or would be out of character for my wife.

It's worked well for 5 years.

tina

I agree that you should try to gain the support of your wife, or at least let her know about you. It'll be much better for your clothes and accesories keeping them correctly stored.

Alternatively find a place where the cobwebs gather, often damp and with little air. Not to mention the creased crumpled mess of your clothes and the 'musty' smell of them!

its easier to rent a storage unit. pay it in cash so she wont find out, and
    if it big is enuff you can dress there to.

I've found the easiest place to keep my clothes is the master bedroom closet, the wife gets one side, Tina the other, no room for the drab stuff so had to remove it to another room, but then most of it I don't use that much. Of course I have a very understanding wife, and way to much stuff to try to hide it.
    Tina B.

I keep mine in a storage unit close to home. Have a couple of clothes closets and plastic bins so if I get the opportunity to dress I can just grab what I want. Makes it easy. I got the storage unit a couple of years ago when my SO agreed to a divorce but has been stalling since. I have most of my personal stuff in the unit so it is always easy for me to go put something away or pick somethig up. Telling her is not an option. It is the best solution I have until we finally split.
    Jamsey

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I used to hide my clothes in a foot locker.
    Once I found out that my wife had known for a while about my dressing I moved everything to the closet in a spare bedroom we have.
    It's nice to have a place to hang up my clothes.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I keep my clothes in wardrobes and drawers.

As for your wife, you need to start talking instead of hiding.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Silver Member
    Clothes are best kept in a closet.

Try to make some accommodation with your wife. She does not have to see, watch, or participate. Tell her she will never have to see it ever. Then keep your promise. Don't try to keep "pushing the envelope" as so many here do. She won't like it, but she doesn't have to like it. Just keep her out and away from it. As long as she knows about it you will no longer have to hide your stuff.

Stephie

Silver Member
    Well for years I kept mine "secretly" tucked away in the loft in a box that was buried way deep among the other stuff up there and I thought my "secret" was safe, but when my wife finally confronted me 18 moths or so ago she casually tells me she has known for probably 12 or more years!! ha ha busted

Since she told me that she knows, she doesn't like it by the way, but I am now more daring and keep my panties for instance in one of my drawers under some other stuff, I don't flaunt it, but it is in easy reach now for under dressing for work and such like

I do know that she now knows I keep it more accessible because she told me she knows and other than that no comment so I am going with that for now until our next chat

Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I keep mine in my closet right next to my otherwear. My wife knows, of course, and is quite supportive.

My advice is to talk to your wife. If she knows, then even if she is unwilling to participate, it just makes sense to keep your things in your closet.
    Although my wife isn't quit as supportive...

Really, if you can't hang up your dresses, skirts, and other things they are always going to be in need of ironing before you can wear them - wringle city!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    This is going to going to sound so BAD!!! I keep my feminine clothes in closets, and my accessories in dresser drawers! Oh yes, my male clothes are also in a two different closets, but take very little room.

The problem is that the feminine clothes fill one large closet, and parts of two others. Plus there are two portable closets in the basement with Stephanie clothes and 5 more in a storage area off site! I have enough clothes to outift at least 3 girls! Too bad they are almost all size 16, which fits me perfectly!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have 2 dresser drawers one for my girly undies and one for boy junk. Thats a dusty drawer I might as well throw out I never wear boxers anymore for a looong time. As for the rest they hang right next to my wifes clothes in the closet. Shoes go where ever. My wigs go on heads so they dont get messed up. As far as dressing going out to a local tg friendly club or bar is the best place if home isnt available like mine isnt. My advice would be to tell your wife. Either way she takes it you are not breaking her trust hiding things and not feeling guilty and being sneaky which might raise worse questions in her mind. I'm not saying it to split up a marriage. I'm saying it because marriages are built on the foundation of honesty and trust to survive. If thats not there then it wont last or if it last you will both be miserable and it will trickle down to your kids. Anyways, I never post much but felt like sharing my thoughts on this one. Good luck with your soul searching and tough decisions.

hidey holes

My wife and family are totally opposed to even the thought that I might once have engaged in CD-ing, so my sessions are Totally Private, carried out when the 'coast' is clear. This takes time as I need to extricate clothes & things from their secret places first before indulging.
    I hang a few outfits up with my male suits in our bedroom wardrobe covered like most of the suits so the wife never suspects they are there. Other items are in an inconspicuous box in the garage loft from which she has previously purged my femme things....Lightning never strikes in the same place twice?...or does it ?
    Accessible things like some tights and panties are tucked away in my large socks & u/pants drawer, where I suspect she never bothers to look. I also keep lots of pairs of shorts in another drawer. There are a few girly pairs in there, too !

I keep my clothes neatly hung up in the wardrobe next to my male attire.

Accessories and makeup in the middle draw of the dresser

Get a lock on your wardrobe, and try to make some time alone.

I keep my clothes in the wardrobe, by accessories are... All over the place and my shoes are under the edge of the bedroom shelves. However my kid is only 7, and has not yet made any connections.

When she does, it's doors closed and locked wardrobe.

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post

I agree with Kim 100%. I just did last week on two occasions and I feel better already. I think she does too. With that said, once I get some dresses and blouses hanging them in the closet will not be an issue for me.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar
    Donna keeps her's in the closet in garmet bags right beside her boy clothes. The garmet bags helps to hide them from the outside world.

luckilly my wife has known about "Minki" the whole time so i have had no need to really hide anything, which i am very grateful for...

Storage unit, paid in cash by the month, PO Box for notices.

By the way I marvel how some well-meaning responders can't resist answering your practical question by pushing you to tell your wife, even though they've never met you or her, of course if their advice blows up in your face they'll chastize you for not telling her even sooner....fortunately most people are smart enough to disregard one-size-fits-all advice over the Internet