Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many others just wear the clothes?

How many others just wear the clothes?

How many others find that just wearing the clothes can be enough?
    This whole experience has been a journey and sometimes I seem to be on the same piece of road all over again. My question is based on my own progression. First, my admission; this is my secret from my family for the moment. But my wardrobe has been increasing steadily, it now includes a number of skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, and the required under-garments. I have a wig, forms and I've been working regularly with make-up.
    My fantasy includes being able to be "the whole package", outside the house. I want to be able to walk the streets, somewhere fully dressed.
    On the other hand, lately I've had opportunities to go out in places distant from my home and I've done so in a confused clothing mix of women's shoes [which I love], a skirt, a purse, a male tee, and no make-up/wig or forms. Once I've held my head up through the first few encounters, I have quickly become comfortable.
    So the questions are;
    How many other Forum users are happy just wearing women's clothes, with no other effort to pass and would do so if they had the chance?
    How many would suggest I'm denying my true self by trying to find a socially acceptable middle ground?
    I won't/can't argue that I'm struggling to find a middle ground that is less extreme than my true self would choose, but some days, a skirt and shoes is enough. Other days, it isn't.
    Some here seem to be quite content with being man in women's clothes, others clearly want to be the whole package.
    I'm curious to hear your comments.
    Last edited by Sarah Michelle; 08-17-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: grammar, last statement.
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have never wanted to be a woman complete in every regard. But in the over 60 years that I have been a CD, I have been out in public many times as Stephanie! And I mean that I was not only dressed, but looked like Stephanie thanks to my dear late wife. Now that she has passed on, I still go out dressed like Stephanie, but looking like the guy that I am. No wig or makeup. And I am perfectly happy to do so. I love wearing feminine garments of any kind, and will do so whenever I can. I am my own boss, and I live that way!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    Let me start by saying I would never presume to suggest that you are denying anything. And from what I've read on this forum, I think most of us realize that we are each on a unique journey. The only thing I can say is there is no "right" way, nor single path.

Speaking for myself, I love being fully dressed and made up, and if there was a way to blend in - not make a spectacle of myself - I'd love to be able to be out in public. As for where my middle ground or comfort zone is - I am still exploring. I dress androgynously in public...with a little make up and ear rings - so I'm conveying something about myself to the public and for now, happy with that. As for where I'm going - I don't ever expect to transition...its a dream but only that. I would love to dress full time and publically...basically to be able to spend most of my time with my wife at that point. We've even talked about buying a motorhome and traveling the country as two ladies in retirement.

That's a long answer...I'd say its describes a person content to be in women's clothes, but leaning at least towards something a lot of what you'd find in the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Michelle View Post
    How many others find that just wearing the clothes can be enough?
    I have.
    DonnaT

i am happy to just where the clothes in my early years when i looked very feminene when dressed i had consided going the whole way but family comittments and work held me back .i am so happy now that i can be me in my own time and are comfortable finally with who i am. it has been along rd but the journey has been worth it

I love the clothes, makeup, the whole nine yards. If I'm not passable so be it, I'm still Arlene 24/7.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I love to go the whole way,girdle,nylons,panties bra and a nice dress.Full make up and feminine jewelry and earings.Dont go out very often but love to when away from home.My wife encourages me all the time.

I am me you are you. The same can be said of everyone. For me I enjoy living as a woman the clothes are just so others see me that way. like others have said you have to do what is correct for you.

I was when in my teens happy with the clothes but longed, needed had to have more. Now some 30 years on I have progressed in conjunction with finding this site to a stage where I am not content only with clothes, I have to have forms, bra, hose, undies wig and full make up to be "me" when dressing.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

When I've got my wig and forms and a bit of lipstick on, it sort of doesn't matter what else I'm wearing, including boy shorts and tees with flip flops, but I feel most comfortable in a skirt and top with pretty sandals.

As Gerri said, though I feel I am a woman regardless of my clothes, when I present myself in public I dress fully in female clothing "so others see me that way."

I'm making myself more and more public. If I had enough hair I would lose the wig, and if I were able to be a woman fulltime, I would do it in a flash. If I were younger, and unmarried, I would transition as soon as I could.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I azm totally comfortable just wearing the clothes, No need for the full kit for me. Although someday I would like to venture out of the house, And I don't think that society is ready for me to step out without the full makeover kit.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

just me

For me it mostly IS the clothes, while i like the effect make-up and wigs have, i am only really interested in them to complete the illusion...if i could wear my skirts and heels without drawing attention, i would. Just trying not to bring undue attention

In the past, I have gone out fully dressed and madeup, and I passed reasonably well. In fact I once went to a shoe store fully dressed and ordered a pair of heels in my size which weren't in stock. When they came in I went back in my male mode and the sales lady said she wouldn't have recognized me because she thought I was a woman. That was a very nice experience. That being said, now I am completely content To just dress up around the house. I thoroughly enjoy being in female clothes. For instance, right now I'm wearing a new black satin skirt, pantyhose, and a pair of 6" black patent stiletto pumps, and I've been dressed this way all day, and I'm in heaven.

It all depends on how much time I have to dress. If I have the time, I go all out, make up wig, forms, corset, jewelry, gloves, heels, etc. Putting on makeup is the most fun part for me.

But if I'm short on time, just a dress, hose, shoes, etc. will do. It's not just better than nothing, it's quite satisfying. If it's all I can do, than it's 100% of what I need for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

I am who I am

That is me

For now no more

But who knows what is around the corner?

That is fun

And I like fun
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

The New Improved Version Virgin_CD's Avatar

What Clothes

I don't really have the URGE to wear clothes at all... just hose and lingerie. Heels yes, but otherwise it is just to socialize that I would put a dress, blouse on... wig, makeup... all a pain in the ice to me. Hmnnn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"All things in moderation"[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I think I get what you are asking, and yes I would be content to be 'me' and wearing female clothes; however, when I go out I take some trouble to look as much like a woman as possible because I don't want to make waves, and I can pass reasonably as a woman - also there is no danger that acquaintances will recognise the male me under the wig and make-up, and I don't want to have that confrontation just yet...
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I'm not out and about, but yes I do find the clothes to be enough at times.
    Today working around the house, I wore a pair of black Capri's and a black knit top, threw a scarf over my bald spot and slipped into a pair of flats. no make, but a touch of lipstick. And that felt just as good as if I had dressed to the nines.
    Tina B.

I began just wearing my femme clothing at home when my wife suggested it to me after I made a remark about all the work the make-up, wig, etc took for just a few hours of relaxation each evening. Now I only do the "whole package" as you say if I have a day or more. I must say that I love just wearing my pretty things, and it makes me feel so wonderful. I do wear women's jeans out regularly and have underdressed for a long time; the ability to just enjoy my femme clothes has made a positive difference in my life. Although there is still nothing like making myself up, doing my wig, putting on my forms, etc!!
    Vicky

Hi Sarah

For me, perfectly happy "just wearing the clothes". Don't wear as much as I'd like to at this time, but working on that. I enjoy wearing panties every day 24*7, have worn pantyhose and cami's out under drab clothes occasionally. Few times a bra and forms, but not often at all.

Currently, at home, Panties during the day, and nighties over the weekend. Once my son leaves the house in Nov, then I am hoping for more, and will work towards that. Every night is my goal once he leaves home.

Once I can wear more at home, then that will be my limit. I am happy with what I have, my marriage, son and job, and would not do anything to risk that, and truthfully at this point in my life, don't have any desire to "pass".

Now, if it was 1980 again, and I felt as strong about womens clothes back then, as I do now, AND I had the money, would I have consider transforming and then building new at 20 years old? Definitely. I fantasize about what life would be like if I could transition, but it's not going further then that, and I'm 100% fine with just wearing the clothes when I can.

Just wearing a cami, mini skirt and heels is enough to make me perfectly happy. I don't need all the extras.

Silver Member
    When I dressed as a teen it was the clothes and at times makeup. In my early 20s it was full fem. I built an incredible wardrobe. At that time I was told by several girls that I made a very pretty girl. But in the 60s and 70s being caught ment being arrested so I had to be careful. As time passed I became more content with the clothes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Of course, Sarah!

I look for spots on my pants, sniff test my shirt, and try to remember if I've worn those socks once or twice!
    Then, I put it on. Takes all of 3 minutes!

Oh wait! U mean ladies clothes?

I RARELY wear ladies clothes! Sherry does often, tho! And planning for her appearance is a process that starts a week or more in advance!

Saying, "Sherry wear ladies clothes", is like saying, "Kobi Bryant wears tennies"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I was young (early teens) I 'passed' without effort. I put on what ever, a dab of makeup and pulled the hair back and "POOF" I was Jennifer. Fully accepted as girl in any location. This continued thru transition and living as a girl. There was nothing 'sexual' about the clothes...they were a part/extension of who I was as a girl. Now that I can no longer BE that girl, there's still nothing sexual about them. Its all about being/having comfort time as "me". If I'm in a shirt and pair of jeans, so be it. If I'm in a cami and miniskirt, so be it. If I'm dressed for work in slacks and nice blouse so be it. If a woman can express herself in what she wears, then I'm gonna give it my best shot

Jenn

I am definitely in the camp of, I want to wear what I like, with no social repercussions, makeup and all.

Not necessarily en-fem, but just as me.