Thread: Suppose

Suppose

Suppose you were told to choose, male or female? No crossing one to the other and back. How would you answer?

This was asked of me several years ago by my Dr.
    The why of my answer took a long time in coming. It took questioning of who I was and am. Looking at why I crossdressed.
    The good and bad of both answers. There is no wrong choice, only your own. How we accept ourselves or modify our enviroment to accept is individual choice. There really is only one choice, yours.

This is hard to put into words. It is something all of us think about in the still of the nite alone with ourselves. There are as many reasons why we do this as there are of us who crossdress. There is no simple answer. Not only why but why not.

How we deal with this is something only you control. Others can help you see what you don't. It is your life, live it because there is no tomorrow, no yesterday, only today.

Not really expecting many replys,just my thoughts.

GOD bless and keep each and every one.

Danni

Danni, I did not have to go far as I asked my doctor and he gave me a referal. I had made the choice beforehand and the therapist just confirmed what I have known all my life. A woman.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was born a male, and will die and be buried as a male. Yes, I do love to crossdress! But if I have to give it up I will. I told both my children, and my GG friend that if they want me to stop I will. I know I can because I did it before, and only started up again because my late wife begged me to!

Danni, you are right! It is my life, and I live it the way I desire. But if my family says change, then I will. I probably won't like it, but I will do it because I know that I am a male and will never be anything else!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thats a hard question for me to answer. On the one hand, I have felt many times that I would like to have been born female. I feel like I have more feminine emotions and in general, my thought process moves through compassion and caring modes before it gets to anger and violence. ( Not that this is specifically a 'female' thing, I just feel like I can relate better to other females.

At the same time, I have no desire to take hormones, get appendages added or removed. I like my body and what comes with it naturally. Though I do wish I had a bit more of a 'natural' female figure, and of course, I could do without the excessive body hair.

As it stands, I like who I am, how I am and have no desire to modify the shape I was created with. However, given a choice, I think I would choose to be a female. A major reason is that if my personality developed in exactly the same way, I would still be fascinated and excited about being able to wear whatever I wanted without social stigmas adding yet another layer of insecurity to an already harsh existence. Being able to walk freely and confidently in public without fear of being harassed or the victim of some ignorant fool who resorts to violence before reason.

I know this is a much deeper conversation than I have shown with my example, but there's not enough time before work. :/

nikole

Transvestitism/Transexualism

What you ask basically pertains to the question of whether any parallels can be drawn between transvestitism and transexualism.

The short answer is...there are none. Transexuals inhabit a body they do not feel is their "ideal" or their existential right; they believe unequivocally that they were born into the wrong mechanical sex-body.

Cross-dressers are a fundamentally different animal: they are quite at ease with splicing and transitioning between gender roles...the transexual experiences no such dichotomy of existential reality. For the transexual there is no male/female persona (trans-persona) just like for everyone else (who is not a cross-dresser) there is only one persona that pertains exactly with their objective sex. The only difference is that a transexual must reconcile physically the difference (dichotomy) between subjective and objective reality with regards gender. Ref: "The Role of Gender and the Imperative of Sex" by Charles Sherperdson.

Finally, to answer the question....and as a cross-dresser you must understand that the question has no inherent meaning - you might well ask whether I would choose to be a man or a slug, if pre-birth were I to be given the choice of male or female, I would choose to be a girl. No question.
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

It is a very interesting question. Several months ago I would have answered one way and for the most part I still do. But just like tonight when I went out as Michelle, it blurs the lines. Mostly I think I am a cd'er who may live more or less FT but never transition.
    Michelle

Thank you Michelle, thats what I tried to express.

my religion as my family has told me, I'd have to choose be a man, but if religion didn't conflict with my desires, I'd be fem in a heartbeat, I think I'd feel so much freer as a woman. I could enjoy a whole new world of clothing, and be a whole new me. it's really quite an exciting idea.

Don't get me wrong there are pluses and negatives to everything, but I have been a man my whole life, and I feel like it works against me, or that I've always been differant, and I'd really like to explore being a woman if I could. but as I said my religion as it has been explained to me says I am a man.

Could I put it off 15 years or so ? Let my daughter grow up first ?

Then I'd be female without a doubt (assuming they could also take 8 inches off my height)

Jayme,

Depends on where they take that 8in's from.

Danni

My answer would be Female with out a question. The reason for my answer is that I am starting to feel more and more like an impostor - Maby actor is a better way of putting it. Those feelings are when I am in male mode. I know for a fact that a year ago my answer would have been different.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I would make my choice and stand by it. Humans are very adaptable in any case. The important thing is you must take ownership of and responsibility for yourself and be prepared to deal with any results of that decision, positive or negative.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I know I would be happy as female but because of family, work, wife. I can not do that.
    However, Soon I will be almost full time and that will help to bring me to a peaceful place.

I love presenting as feminine, but will always be male. A femme male, but still male. I think there has to be a some give and take for me and I love my wife and would not destroy that. Andrea