Thread: Is society becoming mroe accepting?

Is society becoming mroe accepting?

I was wondering if any of you have had similar experinces or not. But I like to get on yahoo messenger and chat and even webcam from time to time. When I started doing this 4-5 years ago and I was not in a transgendered room just in a local room such as Oklahoma for example. There seemed to be far more closed minded people in th erooms. I would always be honest with people about being a cd and my profile even says male. But of course horny guys would always want to overlook that. And once tehy found out most would run or turn defensive and say hatefull things.

But now it seems people are more open minded. I have found alot more men and women open to the idea of talking to a cd. And alot more that are searching for it. Not near as many hatefull words in the rooms. Alot more of those that assumed I was female once they find out they admit they have fantasized about being with us.

Wondering if you have noticed as well and what you think the contributing factor is? Am I just becoming that much damn hotter! JK!!!

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    People accept people that have confidence regardless of thier differences.

Now the most important thing I can express to you when you talk with non trans people is that you should endeavor to talk about things that are NON trans. Why? Well if you want to integrate or fit in then it is counterproductive to voluntarily make yourself different.

Katie

I've kind of noticed that too

About a month ago I made a profile on a dating website, and I said I was a CD and I was looking to make female or CD friends for shopping with and I've had quite a few men email me, specially when I'm in the chat rooms. But there's still a lot of ignorant people out there who like to judge, and I've come across a few on chat sites. Some can't differentiate between being a cross-dresser and being gay

Platinum Member
    I'm sure you are much hotter. My guess is that people are also getting more tolerant...surveys show it.

I've chatted on web-cam en femme a few times and found that many people, women in particular, were more curious than repulsed.

I think society, especially the younger people are more accepting. I also believe that a portion of society is too self-absorbed in surviving day to day in the current economy. They have no time, focus, or desire to persue trivialities. This helps to create an atmosphere of acceptance through tolerance so they can focus on their lives. Andrea

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As Ive posted many times my wife and I met online on a site,that wasnt an alternative/dating site so I did get a fair bit of abuse,and when it became known that we were an item it got much worse,that was almost 5 years ago,so I dont know online,how much it has changed.But in reality,without exception anyone Iv'e told about my CDing hasn't Altered their opinion of me

Sophie x
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I think Society has become more "Tolerant" of us. But, I think that's because we are becoming more visible in Society, and more politically involved.

For a lot of folks, familiarity may breed a "Ho-Humm Tolerance," but I don't think that's acceptance. I believe that eventually, except for a few Dinosaurs, we may just "Fade into The Background." It certainly is becoming true for Gay Folk, maybe in twenty or thirty, we will have a similar status.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Society does not accept crossdressers. But the world has become more PC. People are conditioned not to express negative feelings for fear of being labeled racist or bigots. They will talk behind a CDs back and think bad thoughts in their head though. Just like racism.

I think it's more of "just plain don't care" vs "accepting".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Some social groups are more accepting and some social groups are not.

It is a never ending fight between liberals and fundamentalism.

People will always stare and point at anything that is out of the ordinary. The other day at work, a woman came through who was at least 7 feet 2 inches tall and even though I was working in a section a bit away from where she was coming through, I could see her clearly. A few of my other colleagues saw her and were kind of staring and asking questions like "what shoes is she wearing?" and "is that actually a woman?". Anything that is out of the ordinary will attract attention. I guess its a question of the maturity of the individual as to the extent of the response

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I think that is is a combination of visibility and that people are to concerned about whats happening in their life than in others right now.

Definately more accepting, and education goes a long way towards that. There is much more info available out there, and ,maybe the fact that we have become much more visible in the public eye. I have posted on mainstream dating sites, and the response is 99.9% positive! My profile doesn't state that I'm TG, but I do make sure thats clear in the messages. I have been treated very well, and most of the guys don't really care. Even those that say no thank you, have been a gentleman about it. And, it's a great opportunity to educate a few people,who are curious, and ask questions!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

At a snail's pace, yes. Mainly because people are so busy these days and have no time to care, and partially because everyone's seen things way more 'shocking' to them, that crossdressing isn't so dramatic. They do still consider it, essentially, a "type" of homosexuality. But, it's accepted about 1% of what the gay community is. Anyway, we're only 40 years behind them, so we'll eventually catch up...