Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reality bites

reality bites

I have really tried to have a positive attitude and looked at people as having open minds. I have always been a proponent for being yourself and being happy with yourself. But reality has a nasty way to come back on you.

This is totally a vent, nothing else. I am still for living your life in any manner that makes YOU happy.

Long ago, in a thread far way I wrote about having a long time friend accept me. I know I am never going to be the beautiful princess I want to be. I know that physically I will never be mistaken as a genetic female. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am who I am. I also know that the people on here accept who I am (they may not like me but they accept me). But today, my best friend, told me that no matter how I present, I can never be attractive (OK he said I don't look good no matter what and that this is especially true when I dress). So, three steps back now.

Not something anyone likes to hear.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lori, it sounds more like jealousy, you are a very lovely woman

Danni

I don't have any profound words of wisdom, but judging from your avatar I think that you present yourself as a female quite well.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Your friend must be suffering from testosterone poisoning of his eyes.
    I'm no beauty but I've had women tell me that I am pretty. Women perceive beauty and physical attractiveness much differenty than men do.
    SO spend more time with your female friends and enjoy their opinion of you.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Lorileah, You are gorgeous. IMHO your so called friend is jealous.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

gimmie three steps....

Take those three steps back, pick yourself back up again, tighten up those ankle straps and keep right on walking. As long as you have been around here I'm sure you've given advice to someone in a similar situation. What I'm curious about is how and what your reply was to him and, what difference it made in his mind. After all he is a friend and not a significant other right?
    Fight the good fight.
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

And you put such value on this very shallow minded persons words because ???????

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    I am still for living your life in any manner that makes YOU happy.
    [SIZE="2"]Words to live by!

Really, darling, a true friend would never say such a thing. I know it’s important to hear other’s opinions now and then, but this is a slippery slope on the best of days. I’m not sure if superficial attraction is what this is all about, but we’re all different in this regard. As long as you’re happy with yourself, you’re doing OK – just avoid the bumps in the road (roll OVER them), and carry on as usual…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by April Renee View Post
    What I'm curious about is how and what your reply was to him and, what difference it made in his mind.
    Like so many others I just walked away and didn't say anything. Wrong move on my part I know.

Thanks for all the support everyone I'll get over it and move on. We all know we cannot change who we are and I am just ornery enough to bull my way through this.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Your "friend" with the poison words is a jerk.

You look stunning in your avatar.

Besides, charm is always better than beauty.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    But today, my best friend, told me that no matter how I present, I can never be attractive (OK he said I don't look good no matter what and that this is especially true when I dress). So, three steps back now.
    My goodness. Your best friend. That was mean. Very insensitive, and disrespectful.

I'd distance myself from this person post-haste.

Don't know who to attribute this to, but "with friends like that, who needs enemies"...

And I think you're attractive and personable, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    Let him go, IMO. Not worth your time.

I have really tried to have a positive attitude and looked at people as having open minds. I have always been a proponent for being yourself and being happy with yourself. But reality has a nasty way to come back on you.

This is totally a vent, nothing else. I am still for living your life in any manner that makes YOU happy.

Long ago, in a thread far way I wrote about having a long time friend accept me. I know I am never going to be the beautiful princess I want to be. I know that physically I will never be mistaken as a genetic female. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am who I am. I also know that the people on here accept who I am (they may not like me but they accept me). But today, my best friend, told me that no matter how I present, I can never be attractive (OK he said I don't look good no matter what and that this is especially true when I dress). So, three steps back now.

Not all (friends) can understand or work their way thru all this. Just find friends who can accept YOU..

When a person selects a specific target for their verbal assault or similar demeaning attack, it typically has little to do with the "target/victim", and everything to do with the attacker's dysfunctional attempt to deal with his/her low self-esteem issues.

You should feel just a little bit "flattered", in a dysfunctional, twisted way...as these outbursts are typically directed at people they "envy" the most...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I passed a GG today and I know she would love to look like you.
    I also looked at your albums, and I find you a very attractive and stylish lady. It's obvious your "friend" has bad taste. Also you come across as a sensitive person who would never say such cruel things even if you were thinking them. I read a book many years ago titled" What you think of me is none of my business". Later the book went on to say "it is only what I think of you that's important to me".
    With over six billion people in the world, why be upset over one persons opinion. Keep smiling.

Keeping away from Philosophical Musings. Let's analyze: Your Friend felt that you weren't attractive. That means that he/him/himself didn't find you attractive. That's one opinion, it's his, and he's entitled to have it!

But, I'll just bet that there are lots of people out there in The Big Wide World who find you attractive, on The Inside and on The Outside. I think I have read stories that you have related about "gettin' hit on." Now some creep in a Bar is probably not every Gurl's Dream, but nonetheless that person, at that moment in time found you attractive. Be Flattered!

And, let's imagine that your Friend probably first knew Your Male-Self. I think it would be intensely hard for males who have been your "buddy," to ever try and imagine Lori. Remember to Males, "I find you attractive" means: "Your good looking enough, that I'd like to take you to Bed." For a Former "Buddy," that's probably someplace "he don't want to go!" Remember, they ALL assume we are Gay, and want to Cohabitate with every male we meet.

It will always hurt! Can't get away from that. But, you will find that The Initial pain will subside into a dull-sorta ennui'. New Friends, new Opportunities!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Lori thats not the words you ever want to hear i know how you feel, one of my good friends had said something like that to me when i first starting dressing it hurt. You got a great support group here.
    Your awesome !!!!
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Your friend is dumb.

At least your don't look like a Gothic horror like Moi. LOL

(I like my look, but it is edgy. You look nice, at least in the avatar)

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    today, my best friend, told me that no matter how I present, I can never be attractive (OK he said I don't look good no matter what and that this is especially true when I dress).
    Seems to me that for a friend to say something like that,he must be going through some kind of upset in his own life. This is what would have made him look at you and see someone who doesn't "look good" rather than the person in front of him.

Looking good and attractive are not always the same thing, when I was Robert, I definitely did not look good, but people told me I had an attractive personality (most of the time). Now that I am Rianna, I do take more care to look nice and have been called stylish and pretty. I still have the attractive personality.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I don’t get it? I have always thought you looked lovely.......really!

Hugs, SUZY

Just checked out some of your pics, i dont think you have anything to worry about, he was having a bad day, who knows why the negative comment. Easy enough to say ignore him, but the words can hurt.

Honey,You are lovely. All you need is a real best friend.

Platinum Member
    not a true friend IMO, if he can put you down and make you feel bad...you are beautiful Lori, inside and out! and don't let anyone tell you any different...none of us are oil paintings and we do the best with what we have, if that isn't good enough for some people then tough thats their problem

I'm so sorry that he hurt you like that :(

Maybe he said that because he's trying to stop you from dressing? Maybe he doesn't like it that you dress and it makes him feel awkward for some reason because you're a close friend and he's just too used too to knowing you as you were before you came out to him...it's just my theory Whatever the issue is, it's his problem, because you seem like a wonderful person. Love your hair btw ;D lol <3

People have different ideas what a best friend is.

Some think best friends should support you in everything you do and say whatever necessary to make you feel good.

Others think best friends are the ones who should tell you the truth even if it hurts your feelings.

At the end of the day your friend is only expressing his opinion based on his idea of beauty. Others may genuinely find you attractive. But the only important thing is that you present yourself the way you want to. Why place value on other people's judgments?

Friends can be brutally honest ,that's why they are friends ..Appreciate the fact you have one who is honest to you. To one man it's junk to another it's treasure everyone has a taste of their own . Lets drink to honest friends and I will have another for not being to concerned that I am not attractive because the only person I am out to please is myself ..When it comes to dressing that is..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.