Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting Events

Sporting Events

I am giving a lot of thought to going to a Broncos or Avs game this year. I was trying to work past the restroom issue when I came across one which is much harder to deal with. Every game the cameras go out in the audience and show some of them on the big screen. So this causes another problem because now I could be shown to the whole world.

It doesn't happen very often but it could. Especially if you sit near one of the people who paint their whole chest to make a message. What your experiences been?

I know this is pretty far out there for most of us, but it is on my bucket list.
    Michelle

I assume you intend going 'en femme'. This means that to all and sundry who watch such events you are just another female fan in the crowd.
    There are so many security cameras everywhere now that one learns just to ignore them.....
    Except where there's a nice big screen in a shop hooked up to their camera system. There you can enjoy looking at yourself on video 'dressed', admire your success and learn from it.

Never able to get tickets to see my Packers, but for me, GO, GIRL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UYou only live once, you want to go as such, then do it. Its the restg of the world will deal with 'THEIR" feelings ok hun??

Go & enjoy. Here is a late thought, make a sign to all of us here, LOL.

Tata sweetie
    Hugs..............................Janelle

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Personally speaking I would think you would have more to worry about than being seen on Screen,I wouldn't say Sporting Arenas were the most TG friendly places to be seen,I haven't ever thought of going to one of my Teams games Dressed,Indeed the last time I was confronted in the street while dressed by anyone was by a P****d up fan,If your really sure you want to do this make sure your 100% certain that It's safe

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I am giving a lot of thought to going to a Broncos or Avs game this year. I was trying to work past the restroom issue when I came across one which is much harder to deal with. Every game the cameras go out in the audience and show some of them on the big screen. So this causes another problem because now I could be shown to the whole world.
    It doesn't happen very often but it could. Especially if you sit near one of the people who paint their whole chest to make a message. What your experiences been?
    I know this is pretty far out there for most of us, but it is on my bucket list.
    AKAMICHELLE: I had actually posted a response to another thread about this very issue. I have been to all 5 major sports (NFL,NBA,NHL,MLB & MLS) en femme and have not had any problems. Some think that it is a testosterone-filled environment and not very TG/CD friendly but I have not found this to be the case. Just be sure that whatever you wear is for the home team; people only care about who you are rooting for and not what you look like.
    I would not worry about being shown on the scoreboard; the odds of that happening are very slim. I've been to hundreds of sporting events and have never even come close to being on a scoreboard.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I went to a Dallas Cowboys training camp practice in the Alamodome two weeks ago. I had no problem at all. I was a bit overdressed but so what?

I'm thinking about going to a basketball game next.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Being shown on the big screen or on TV is my biggest fear. It will take me sometime to work through this. I have done a lot of things like flown to Chicago, drove from Denver to Dallas. I can do this but I plan everything very carefully to make sure I am ready.

I hope I can get through this and make it to one of the games this year. Maybe even go to different sports life Vicky did.
    Michelle

Could you wear a pink baseball cap?

Being shown on the big screen or on TV is my biggest fear. It will take me sometime to work through this. I have done a lot of things like flown to Chicago, drove from Denver to Dallas. I can do this but I plan everything very carefully to make sure I am ready.
    I hope I can get through this and make it to one of the games this year. Maybe even go to different sports life Vicky did.
    Good luck AKAMICHELLE; let us know what happens. I haven't been to Invesco Field or Pepsi Center but I did go to both Dick's Sporting Goods Park for a Rapids match and to Coors Field for a Rockies game in drab a couple of summers ago and the Denver crowds were pretty nice and laid back from what I remember.

What are the odds of #1... the big screen landing on you, and #2 people recognizing you?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

With 76,000 seats in the stadium, you have way less then a 0.1% chance of the camera showing you, and, if it did, a) Would it really be on you long enough for anyone to know b) if it was, how many people that you know, would be paying attention at that time and even realize it was you? You certainly do not look male in your picture on the forum.

Personally, I would say that the camera on you is a non issue. Go for it !

If you go to the women's restrooms you might find long lines at the doors that you don't find in front of the men's.

I agree with all of the above. The chances of you being on TV are slim to none. I f you feel comfortable going dressed, that is the biggest obstacle, IMHO. Go and enjoy yourself

Heather

Silver Member
    Why is being seen on TV more frightening to you than being seen in 3D? Is it just the sheer number of people who see you? I wouldn't worry a bit. If you can interact without any problems with people in everyday situations, being on TV should be a snap.

Stephie

I don't understand it... you are prepared to go out and be seen by the public yet you are scared of being on the big screen? Just go and have fun and forget about it.
    Chickie

I am a big chicken at times. Maybe I can work my way through this and have fun. It will take a little preparation but I think I am going to try it.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Yes Michelle, I say go for it. Not that I would do it. But you've already gone farther than I have or could have done. I say that from looking at your avatar. I mean It's like when I first dressed for my wife she didn't recognize me for the transition was so dramatic. I doubt that you would be recognized by those you don't want to know. I mean, I post my pics on here and I weigh out the probabilities of me beibg recognized. You have to weihg out how many of your friends would be watching the game, then of those, what are the probabilities that they will put you on the big screen? Let all of us know how it turns out. (love & respect)..........Tara

I am a big chicken at times. Maybe I can work my way through this and have fun. It will take a little preparation but I think I am going to try it.
    Good for you! You may be surprised how much of a non issue it really is.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by Tara1967 View Post
    Yes Michelle, I say go for it. Not that I would do it. But you've already gone farther than I have or could have done. I say that from looking at your avatar. I mean It's like when I first dressed for my wife she didn't recognize me for the transition was so dramatic. I doubt that you would be recognized by those you don't want to know. I mean, I post my pics on here and I weigh out the probabilities of me beibg recognized. You have to weihg out how many of your friends would be watching the game, then of those, what are the probabilities that they will put you on the big screen? Let all of us know how it turns out. (love & respect)..........Tara
    The issue becomes a little harder now that I go out in my own hair. There is no disguise anymore for me. I don't have a problem with that but some issues are still mountains to conquer. Flying to Chicago was one of those and I got through it just fine. In fact I was so relieved that I am determined to fly that way all the time.
    Michelle

[SIZE="3"]Maybe a wig for this occasion.[/SIZE]

IF you are "caught" on camera, just remember to smile and wave. Might as well make the best of what you perceive is a bad situation. Good luck, Michelle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Michelle, You have more guts than i do, flying dressed! I would have only a little trouble going to a sporting event, but am terrified of going to a bar, or club dressed up![/SIZE]

Gold Member
    If you are sitting next to a single guy, make sure you take a concession break if they start playing "Kiss Me".

Go and have fun. You know the nerves will be gone once you are inside.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    If you have a choice, sit in the upper bowl, usually the lighting is so poor they never take the time to get the cameras up there. If they have a carry camera you should be able to see the camera man before they do the shot and you can take a break to explore the stadium.

The hardest thing would be if you have season tickets and all of a sudden Michelle shows up where the guy everyone knows had been sitting all season. It's surprising how much of community develops in the stands.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

...Being shown on the big screen or on TV is my biggest fear. It will take me sometime to work through this...
    hiya M,
    not trying to be a BobbyBuzzKill, but I have a picture of my daughter and her friends on the Big Screen at Invesco Field when they were there in the stands (at age 8).

You will probably be fine...hey, no guts, no glory, right? I would not recommend wearing a barrel though...

HaveFun/BeHappy
    E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]