Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite girlie magazine?

magazines

i started reading In Style and More, for the tips and ideas of better dressing and fashion and makeup techniques

Aspiring Member
    Guns & Ammo!

Cosmo and Lifestyle.

Cosmo YES

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    That does it I am getting Cosmo from now on. I delved more into my Glamour magazine today and found some good articles...more new experiences.
    Bobbie Bee you and I think alike! I love Guns and Ammo.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yeah, G&A for this outdoors girl as well, even would like to go shoot sporting clays enfemme someday, then come home and get glamorous for the evening.

The ex found me perusing her women's mags on occassion, didn't think much of it till the dreaded day i was found out and had to come out to her, i made sure she never saw me with them after that. Would of just caused a "situation".

One thing i always like about them is the little perfume samples, or scent adds, i peel them open and place them around the room.
    mj (Cassie)

Ah Cassie one of these days we must go shooting together en femme.
    Skeet would be a lotta fun that way!

I subscribe to Cosmo and More. Though down the years I've had subscriptions to most of the teen girl magazines as well. My faves being CosmoGirl and Sugar.

Women's Health and Self. I get the diet stuff, fashion stories, relationship stuff from a gg 's point of view plus the fitness which is very important to me since I exercise at home....Dee

Two magazines I am addicted to: Mental Floss (not girlie at all but probably the best magazine ever) and Cosmopolitan.

Yeah, I know. Black and white.

I'm addicted to Cosmo confessions though and am always interested in what 99 new sex tips they could have.

They're never new...but, I buy it anyway. Sigh...
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Cosmo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Two magazines I am addicted to: Mental Floss (not girlie at all but probably the best magazine ever) and Cosmopolitan.

Yeah, I know. Black and white.

I'm addicted to Cosmo confessions though and am always interested in what 99 new sex tips they could have.

They're never new...but, I buy it anyway. Sigh...
    Cool- hadn't really heard much about Mental Floss so I looked it up. Learn something new everyday. And tomorrow I am finally going to get a copy of Cosmo....

Cleveland, Ohio, the so-called 'north coast'

favorite mag

Bar none: Pageantry

anything/everything to do with beauty pageants

Cleveland, Ohio, the so-called 'north coast'

favorite mags-2nd thoughts

As a teen, favorites were True Romance type mags;

always featured cheap wig ads, Lili St. Cyr/Fredericks type enhancing undergarment ads, and frequently, cheap cosmetic collections. On top of that, the stories were interesting, in a bodice-ripping sort of way, and several times a year (in various titles), had crossdressing/transsex as a plot point.....rarely in a positive way, of course!

I agree with Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    My favorite womens mag is "Oprah" I think it's full of interesting stories told from a womans viewpoint

My second favorite is a grocery store rag called "Womans World" I buy it for the recipes.

I subscribed to "Cosmo" for years, but decided the older I got the the more it "Creeped" me out

I also enjoy looking as the 20 or more womens clothing catalogs we get every day since making a purchase from "Woman Within" to whom I say "Congratulations!!!.....You not only help cross-dressers nationwide, you're responsible for the destruction of acres of trees"

Danielle
    Agree There are way too many trees dying for junk mail but I do enjoy Opra may have to consider Cosmo I have mixed feelings there. Morgan

I suscribe to cosmo,Glamour,Allure and In Style.I wonder
    what my mailman thinks.

magazines

probably Glamour and Allure

I picked up a Cosmo not long ago. Boy, are they clueless about how men think! And the fashion, awful, awful, awful!

I'm a regular reader of a dog magazine, I suppose it's a bit girly with all the cute puppies, but hey, any girl who wants to look in my doggie magazine is my kind of girl.

+1 for weardrobe.com and chictopia.com - lots of great tips and fashion ideas. Updated frequently and lots of links.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Cosmo. I'd read it once or twice a year. No point beyond that - it constantly repeats itself.

Does Reader's Digest count?

I subscribe to LUCKY.

+1 for Allure. They have some great make up tips. Not that I am good at it, but any advice that I can get helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Glamor, and don't knock those purses, rip out that picture take it with you and look for knock offs, same goes with the clothes, it's great to see what the top end is doing, then see how well you can put things together to get the look, with out spending the money.
    Morning TV, does it all the time.
    Tina B.

Exactly my thinking. I like to browse through the various magaizines - - Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Tatler.