Thread: Finally getting my Jennifer on!

Finally getting my Jennifer on!

I would like to know how long it took you wearing (how many times) make-up to really feel that you could show the women inside? Over the past year, I have only had a few occasions in which I could fully dress and wear my wig and attempt to wear make-up. I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity four or five times over just the past two weeks. I feel like I am finally getting a hand at putting on my make-up and you're right ... practice does make perfect ... but it takes A LOT of practice and I don't get that many opportunities. I have really been feeling much less stressed at home and my relationship with my wife (she does not know) is really good right now - just celebrated 15yrs together.
    Always trying to be the best woman I can be! - Jennifer Gregory

You have to look at it like a teenage girl experimenting with different things. It takes time and eventually you will figure out what works for you and what doesn't. The biggest key is taking care of your skin properly and then you can apply makeup correctly. But yes it does take lots and lots of practice. But oh is it fun to practice.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    A lot of us are way behind the power curve. I started make-up at the beginning of the year. But a lot of my dressing up is for short bursts, so I don't get the practice I want. So I accept it for being substandard and keep working at it. Can't make up those teen years in one month!

I got moves like Jagger. randumbness's Avatar
    It took me about a month. Getting the right color and shade for my skin tone that works, or how light or dark my eyeliner was a very long process. I had to find that one shade, and well, I still haven't found it. But that's all I thought about. I didn't care if it was perfect. But now, it is perfect, because I practiced. xD
    -Tina

Your friendly neighborhood crossdresser.

Practice DOES make perfect.
    I fooled around with eyebrows the other night using wax and the result was abysmall. I couldn't even use an eyebrow pencil without ruining the nice smooth seamless cover-up I had . I don't know how the people on RuPaul's drage Race do it.

I am going back to the conventional way of plucking and shaping. If I can look as good as Jennifer Aniston, I'll be happy. If I'm not going out or taking pictures, I'll practive makeup. I'm not worried so much about my physcal flaws, I just try to find a way to look prettier.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Took me about three months to perfect my makeup and look, and on my first outing received the ultimate compliment: that I did a better job on the makeup than many women do. I just wish I looked more naturally feminine so I don't have to work so hard at it ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]