Thread: Sunbathing

Sunbathing

Does anyone go to a public beach or community pool to sunbath?

I live in a townhouse community with a pool that sees little to no use. I have gone over with my baby; with my nails painted and in fem clothing, but never fully made up. Of course the one time I had bikini bottoms on someone decides to use the pool so I had to cover up.

I am debating just going over fully made up in a modest bikini or nice one piece with a big hat and glasses and hope for the best. It is so hot in Florida that I need to cool off, but I hate having to change back to boy mode on the weekends just to lay out for an hour or so.

Plus I have the additional issue of a bikini tan line on my chest. It is more prominent that I had originally thought, hence my current reasoning for just going over in fem.

Mikaela

I stayed at a motel for five days and sunbathed in its outdoor pool every day. It was located in an out-of-the-way place and had guests but few users of the pool. I felt fine in that situation; I'd be a little more uncomfortable if the pool had more use.
    I did get fully dressed en femme--LOL--of course that means a one-piece suit, a cover-up, sandals, a wig tied back with a ribbon to keep it out of the water, and make-up. Suntan lotion, too.
    I enjoyed it and I don't think that anyone was bothered.
    I don't have the figure for a bikini (I wish). But my suit looks good.
    warmly, Linnea

I have a pool in my yard and sunbath everyday in fem. My neighbors have never made any comments about it to me. Just be yourself and go for it.

From the period of 2004 - 2010 I have sunbathed enfemme in my back yard almost everyday. I haven't heard a negative comment from neighbors. I moved to new diggs and I've sunbathed once, no comments, but I did draw a few stares from car drivers passing by.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I had never laid out in the sun in a woman's bathing suit before just a couple of weeks ago. I drove an hour away from where I live to meet up with WindyCissy in Sacramento to play tennis(see her thread for pics - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ghlight=tennis) . As part of the multi-activity and multi-venue day we went to her hotel pool. There were some people there but no worries as we had a corner of the fenced in area all to ourselves. I went into the pool and only waded around because I had the little skirt bottom (great for cover up) and no top. So I used a cute V-necked tee shirt that I rolled up some to avoid getting wet when in the pool. We then repeated the tennis and pool combination the following week at a different hotel. Unfortunately, the sun had passed over the high hotel leaving the pool in cool shadows. So, Cissy and I did the next best thing and went in the hot tub and chatted away like a couple of women. This time I had found the perfect top on Sale at JC Penny's. I am looking forward to next opportunity to repeat the experience, hopefully with more sun than the second time.

Never done it but it is on the list to do after I finish my laser treatments in October. Then my chest and back can see the sun so I will begin sunbathing en femme.
    Michelle

I done this & it was nice. I took a book & read by the pool in my apartment complex. There were several people there & it was fine.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Platinum Member
    The only suggestion I have is to wear sunscreen if you're concerned about tan lines from your bikini top. Its probably a good idea anyway - the sun is tough on your skin!

I have done it at the public beach a few times. I just do my hair a little put on a full brimmed hat. It is sorta obvious I think because I never shaved my bikini lines. I walked in those guy gym shorts high heeled flip flops, painted nails, and a white tee shirt. And I lay flat on a towel. For the most part all people see are 2 girls, me and my gf. There have been a few people who look for a few minutes, you know they are thinking something. But 95 % dont care. It was always a weekday. The tan lines are awsome. Now I even found i skirt bikini bottom, so it should hide my bulge. I havent been able to go yet, but i even go this cute cover up dress.

ive done it once also at a pool.one piece with wig but no makeup,and big sunglasses.every one that was there paid me no mind,and i really dont have the upper body for it but i said why not,and did it.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

I'm very envious of you grrls who A/ get enough sun to lie out in, & B/ have enough hairless body parts to expose outside a femme swimsuit to be able to pass it off in public.
    I expect it's easier to opt for a full one peice and large sunglasses, but it does mean having a convincing 'tuck' , firm breastforms and shaved arms shoulders & legs. For actual swimming a bathing cap is the way to go.

Assuming the last mentioned condition it would then be fun to leave the poolside wearing little femme sandals which reveal the painted toes, short girly shorts, a light top, big sunglasses and a nice femme broad brimmed sunhat

This would be my personal dream, having a Neanderthal hair growth almost everywhere....except on my head!

Like Allie says, the only thing better than laying out by the pool in a woman's swimsuit is having a girlfriend to share it with! Women dread swimsuit shopping for good reason, it takes a lot of trial and error to find one that fits just right, then again for us that's a first class problem I personally find a skirtini works best for me, you can get the top in one size and the bottom in another so if your shoulders are big and your hips arent't you can mix and match...it is a good idea to have a coverup for going to and from the pool especially if you're going through a hotel lobby, I got a little tubedress that's perfect for me. Just remember to put plenty of high SPF sunscreen where your straps are, or be prepared to explain those tanlines!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-23-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: no need to put a picture in a thread asking a question

did it in the back yard one summer, no one ever saw me, but I did enjoy the tan line through most of the fall.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    From the period of 2004 - 2010 I have sunbathed enfemme in my back yard almost everyday. I haven't heard a negative comment from neighbors. I moved to new diggs and I've sunbathed once, no comments, but I did draw a few stares from car drivers passing by.
    The stares must have been in February. I used to live in Illinois and I would NOT sunbath every day in male or female mode.
    joank
    Southern California

Sorry I meant to have said every Summer day. Thans for the correction.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I bought a new bikini & went to the beach this summer. Still have the tan lines to prove it I don't get nervous anymore. So what, who cares. Life moves so fast anyways. Some ppl love me some hate me. People are people, fickle at best. You see it all the time in so many different ways. Todays controversy is tomorrows status quo. Our time here is short, might as well enjoy. Yeah, there's always SOME one who stares a bit too much. I'm not a people person nor a people watcher. I pretty much walk around in my own little bubble happily unaware of what kind of commotion I'm causing or not - good or bad - complimentary or not - I really truly don't care (no, not cynical or apathatic, I mean, it's my natural state. Which is to say I simply...um...don't care? God, that sounds so bad when I say it. Lol). Lah de dah I have a good heart. All that matters...

I go to the local beach 2 or 4 times a week (in the warm weather of course), always in a bikini. I've got some serious tan lines (top and bottom), and I'm rather proud of them. ;-)

I get checked out most every time - a few stares (more if I'm wearing a thong bottom) - but nothing serious. It's a lot of fun. I only wish I lived somewhere where I could be out at the beach or pool year round. I'm working on that...

I "sunbathe" almost daily, year round'. I have a sundeck on the second level of my house (backside and faces south). Covered sides with sailcloth (about 48" high) you can only see me from waist down (I hope). I often prance around "dressed" from waist down & wear a tee & hat on top for "effect". I look like the magnificent halfman/halfwoman at the circus, lol. Actually, during the day, I crawl around on my knees to my hammock/swingchair, etc. Pretty funny. I usually sun nude, but this year I am on a kick to wear a top, so I have the bikini top tan lines.

When I had my place in Ft. Lauderdale, I would always go out and walk the beach at nite in a bikini. I was just down the street from you! (Galt Ocean Mile).

I miss the beach...boo-hoo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wish I had the figure for a two piece but alas I do not. I did go to the pool on my last vacation in a womans bathing suit and it had the skirt bottom. I wore a nice lace white coverup to the pool area and sandles. My own hair is longer so no wig needed. I went in the pool and no one said anything. The pool area was being used by lots of guests and there was also a lazy river that you could float in with a tube. As for tan lines yes even with sun lotion I received the tan lines. Never received a comment about those either. Personally I think when you simple don't make a fuss and just relax no one really cares.

i have laid out in hawaii in a cute little (perhaps too itsy bitsy ) bikini quite a few times now. Was probably more daring than i should have been but we all only live once. I don't go for long periods as i didn't want to burn but over time have developed some incredible tan lines....for sure, very obvious contrast, very femme....no getting away with it at the doctors.

the feeling though is an amazing sense of excitement ...... i can only imagine what gg's are thinking when they are walking around in their little bikinis...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I grew up on the beaches of SoCal.

This was WAY before sunscreen was invented! As a result, my skin is DESTROYED! I stay out of the sun, or stay covered!

I USED TO, anyway! Fortunately, since I got my new SILICONE SKIN, I'm able to sunbathe as long as I like now!

Only in my own yard, of course!

195.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ha Ha i guess that is a yes!