Thread: Once again, I fail at the closet

Once again, I fail at the closet

So the other day I have some friends over at my place. One is a frat alum who just graduated last year and the other two are another brother and his girl. We're all outside having a smoke and sarah notices that I have very clearly recently painted my toe nails since there are flecks of pink around my toe nails. She asks if i'd painted my nails to which I kind of smiled and said of course not...which of course is basically saying yes I did. After this nothing really changed and the conversation just kind of moved on but I'm thinking she probably also noticed that my leg hair is really short since I shaved recently. I feel like the fact that I'm a cd is quickly becoming a public secret...at least among my friends. Which is kind of fair since I'm not trying very hard to hide it. The only awkward thing about that is I wonder when it'll be known enough to talk about or if I should just come out and get done with it
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Platinum Member
    You know your friends better than any of us.

If it is your desire for them to know?

I think telling them directly allows them to get the correct information up front and not having to go around and correct them as to how you feel or what you enjoy about crossdressing. Also helps you influence who they talk to about you and what they say. In the end though only you can decide for yourself.

Dana

the happy camper
    Yeah, I'm like that. I have a few friends who kinda sorta know, or at least oughta be able to guess, but I haven't talked to them about it. They saw me having fun in drag on Halloween, they know I dressed as Frankenfurter for a RHPS party, and they know that I'm doing major hair removal. Two plus two equals four, right? But I think their policy right now is "if we don't ask, we won't have to know." lol.

Maybe it's "Don't ask, I don't want to know", or maybe you have great friends that figure if you want to talk about it, you should be the one to bring it up, they might think you would be embarrassed. Or maybe, being a bunch of guys, they are just clueless. After all non CD'ers are not looking for the signs unless something sets off bells.
    Tina B.

I wish I knew the answer to this, but I'd defer to kim's response by saying you know them better than we do.

When I came out to my close friends, I knew that they'd accept whatever I do no matter what. In that sense, I suppose my friends are insanely loyal to me, and I to them as well. It made it really easy for me to say that I was a bi-gendered TG, who still loved women.

Maybe if you know your friends enough, you can try and putting yourself in their shoes and seeing how they'd react, in both worse and good scenarios? I'm a firm believer of preparing for the worst, but that's primarily because when they do react favorably it becomes an even more overwhelming reaction

With Shannon to back you up, just spit it out girl. Your friends are noticing and probably won't care.
    Michelle