Thread: Any good fiction with cd elements?

Any good fiction with cd elements?

Hi all-
    Over the years I've loved reading good fiction that happened to contain crossdressing elements. Even if it's just a little part of the story. Does anybody have any suggestions? For a while there was a website that cataloged alot of fiction containing CD, but it's now defunct. (it was similar to JK's Transgender Movie Guide... only for books). Anyway... I'm just in the mood for a good read... suggestions please
    oops after reading eluxzions post I reallized I wasn't specific enough... I'm looking for good semi-mainstream fiction that happens to contain CDing elements. I'm not looking for fictionmania type stuff. I want a good book that could be considered genuine literature... something you find at Barnes & Noble... like for instance there was a Clive Cussler novel that happened to a man masquerading as a women in it... and there was J.A. Jance that had a CDing character too... that's what I looking for....
    Last edited by cj; 08-24-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: trying to get me true meaning across

Have you read all of the archived posts here? I think you might find some of those will be what you are looking for...

Use the google search engine...you will get a myriad of stories and story "sites".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A good read I can recommend, but a good read featuring cross-dressing.... Nope, sorry. I've dipped into a few so called novels claiming to be either written by, for or about us cross-dressers, and so far.... Well.... I'll stick with the classics and forget the tranny-pulp.

If I do come across one, I'll post details here, but I fear most of what you will find will be dross like 'Girl-Boy I am' by Sandy Thomas or 'Transvestite marriage-4' by Gene Bilbrew. While it's engaging in a sort of B-Movie fascination way... It's a far cry from Death in Venice.

Added later : Sorry, Andrea Dora, not Gene Bilbrew.
    Last edited by Imogen_Mann; 08-24-2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: amended post.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    The best I can recommend is a sci-fi novel Steel Beach by Jim Varny. The main character has a sex change but the novel is about a lot more than that.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

A Good Read

I'm a big fan of the author David Nobbs, just love his sense of humour. Anyway, although it's not strictly about cding, try his "Sex and Other Changes", which was described by the Sunday Times as 'A highly readable and strongly affecting comedy of embarassment, resentment grief and love'. I couldn't put it down and read it in the day

I recommended this novel in an earlier post that ended up in the media section. I'll recommend it again here.

It is titled 'Misfortune' and was written by Wesley Stace AKA John Wesley Harding (yeah the singer song writer) I purchased it at Barnes and Noble. By the way in paperback it is 519 pages plus Appendix,Suggested Further Reading, and Acknowledgements

Happy reading

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Not exactly what you are asking for, but I think there are a couple of Robert A. Heinlein novels that involve sex change / body swap story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jcameron View Post
    Not exactly what you are asking for, but I think there are a couple of Robert A. Heinlein novels that involve sex change / body swap story lines.
    Yup yup! "I will Fear No evil" I think was the title
    One of my all time favorite books!

Someone beat me to I Will Fear No Evil.
    I thought it was awful enough to quit a third of the way through, and I usually don't stop in the middle of any book, but obviously your mileage may vary.

Probably worth mentioning is Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.
    It's moderately well-known I guess.
    It's what people would call "literature."

If you are into fantasy, Lynn Flewelling has written a trilogy with a transgender protagonist.
    The books are The Bone Doll's Twin, Hidden Warrior, Oracle's Queen.
    I don't remember liking it much beyond the fact that it actually had a trans character.

Bone Dance by Emma Bull is a kind of post-apocalyptic/urban fantasy (not werewolves/vampires!) that also features a trans protagonist.
    It is good up until the climax, after which it kinda falls short imo.

@the op: Not quite what you're looking for, but hope it helps a bit.

Any of the Sandy Thomas books has crossdressing/TG in them. I have a few and they are pretty good.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

One of the first CD stories ever done, William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.

I suggest you look here:
    http://www.nancycole.org/my_books.html

Nancy Cole is one of us and writes in both her fem name and her male name.

Here is a recent novel that has a TS theme as opposed to CD. It is a wonderful read. It is titled, "Almost Perfect" by Brian Katcher.

http://www.amazon.com/Almost-Perfect.../dp/0385736649

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by cj
    Over the years I've loved reading good fiction that happened to contain crossdressing elements. Even if it's just a little part of the story. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    [SIZE="2"]I have a book by Denton Welch called “Maiden Voyage,” and there is a little bit of crossdressing in it, mainly to achieve a desired result for plot purposes. As such, it just emerges as another aspect of the author’s personality -- his novels are autobiographical, so it’s a little more realistic than some fiction. His descriptive writing is very accurate, describing how one feels during a transformation from male to female, but I simply wish there was more of it. As such, the author gets into the pleasures of crossdressing, and completely avoids any self-recrimination…[/SIZE]

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    You can search the web for www.fictionmania.tv and they a lot of stories that you can chose from.

"Regiment of Women" by Thomas Berger is a fascinating futuristic novel. In it, women wear pants suits and ties and rule the world. Men wear the dresses, heels, and pantyhose and are relegated to secondary jobs. It was written in 1973 at a time when the women's movement was gaining a lot of steam and was meant to illustrate what it might be like with a reversal of men's and women's roles. Amazon.com has a few copies listed as available.
    Phoebe

Bangkok 8 is a good read and has a TG/CD theme. This comes to mind now when I just started reading the sequel Bangkok Tattoo this evening with a glass of wine on the deck.

Also last year I read The Kiss Murder By Mehmet Murat Somer that I posted about at this link. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=102797

if you're willing to read off a screen of any kind or print out the text, one of the best series i've ever read involving a CD/TG character is the Saga of Tuck by Ellen Hayes, it is long, involved and wonderfully written. it can be found here: http://www.barkingduck.net/ehayes/

Thanks!

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I've already read alot of the suggestions, BUT there were a some that I hadn't heard about... and a few are even at my local library!!! Thanks again
    cj

Short stories

Always trying to be the best woman I can be! - Jennifer Gregory

Try this, both a book and a movie:

"The Triple Echo is a 1972 film starring Glenda Jackson, Brian Deacon and Oliver Reed, and based on a novel by H. E. Bates. Brian Deacon played the deserter from the British Army. It is also known as Soldier in Skirts. The film was directed by Michael Apted." Wikipedia

Alana

The dress circle by Laurie Graham
    Sunday Best by Bernice Rubens
    Geraldine by Monica Jay(filmed as Just like a woman)
    Girl by David Thomas (More accidental TS after op goes wrong)
    Bill's new frock by Anne Fine
    Angel by Kirstie Speke

probably all to be found on amazon

My wife reads a lot of books and she's told me some of the Janet Evanovich series contain some crossdressing.