Thread: c.d and working from home

c.d and working from home

Hi Gurls,
    I have noticed that many of you gurls work from home while crossdressed,
    and I would love to do the same. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how or where I should begin?
    Many scams out there, Iwould love some help, this seems like a perfect situation so I can stay dressed most of the time!
    Alanea Reder

My company is based hundreds of miles away from me, A good 7 hour drive, so it is the only option. I am in interior design so sit at the computer for periods of time working on projects. I then travel loads as well but only ever in drab and suits.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Don't know where or how to work at home. I own my own business and have worked out of the house for 25+ years. I don't know how to find a job in an office anymore.

The only warning I can give you is that takes far more discipline to work at the house. It is very tempting to watch TV or something else.
    Michelle

Working from Home

I do every ance I get. My company is lenient with my working at home. So I do it often.

Platinum Member
    It really depends on your skill set and professional experience. I've been a health administration and business consultant for years, so where I work is secondary to computer and phone access.

I would not recommend these "home-based business " schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I would not recommend these "home-based business " schemes.
    I agree here they never work. but if anyone has a real home base business i am also interested. I have been looking for a long time as well.
    Mistybtm

It really depends on your industry. In both my wife and my case we just worked our butts off and became really valuable employees, and then said we were moving across the country. Both our companies wanted us to continue working for them (but we are in industries where working from home is possible.)

If you don't work in an industry that allows for telecommuting you pretty much have to start looking for legitimate opportunities for training and experience to move into those industries. I think any "Work at home!" advertisement is a scam. Most people that work from home didn't respond to some advertisement like that.

Instead most people I think had experience in a work place and then were able to transition to a work at home environment. Still there are industries that routinely have work at home situations in customer service, technical support, server management, programming, digital marketing (SEO, SEM, content management, writing), graphic/web design, real estate (where a lot of work can be done from home) etc. And there are many sites out there like www.elance.com where you can put your skills out there and have people pay you for your work.

No matter what, I'd move into this slowly. Elance can be great for example, but it can also be hard work for little pay. You want to really find a good gig that can last you a long time.
    My Transgender Blog - the girl inside

There are quite a few professions that enable an amount of home based work, Sales, telesales, accounting, business as advisor or consultant, a lot are flexible depending where the offices are based.

I have quite a few friends who have set up very simple re-selling business's starting out of normal work hours by buying and reselling via ebay or Amazon goods, one of these actually my Cousin, has now got a full time income for him and his wife and makes a lot more than me buying liquidated stock and re-selling.

If you really think through your skill sets and abilities is will be quite a simple leap to a small scale home operation then build it from there.

I would be devastated if I had to go back to an office now and my drab self be my only persona again, that would really really kill me!
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Being "self-employed" is a dream many people share. It seems like the "ultimate" way to make a living.

It is not as "easy" as people think it is. Some are cut out for it, others are not. As already stated, it requires self discipline, creative and adaptive abilities, and hard work above the normal requirements of working for somebody.

I would recommend reading up on some of the sites that help you understand what is involved and if you have the right "personality" to survive the venture.

Many people have taken the expertise of their careers and adapted it to self-employment. It is much easier to do that than to try a "start-up" of a business that you do not have a solid background in.

One of the toughest challenges is to go from a regular compensation routine to an inconsistent income. This is one of the typical holes that sinks many ships. Same goes for any switch from a salary to a commission structure. It requires budgeting skills to keep from living a "feast or famine" lifestyle.

The satisfaction of being "self-employed" should mean alot to you, because for a long time, it will be your only compensation, lol.

I also agree with another thing someone stated about the ads for "home business" opportunities. They are like the gurus on the television info-mercials...sounds great at 3am in the morning, but in reality you are investing money you do not have on ideas that do not work.

Here are a couple sites worth checking out that offer tons of free advice and information...

http://www.entrepreneur.com/
    http://www.inc.com/start-up/

good luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd love too work from home.

But.

Id never get anything done ? I simply don't have the level of commitment to my job, nor do I have the work ethic.

I'd do better with a small business with premises, and none of the distractions of home life.

I work in IT/Finance but I spend some days in the office, some at home. We're all over the place geographically anyway so it makes little difference 95% of the time. On the downside, if I'm en-femme, I do have trouble concentrating on the task in hand so I try to limit that a bit.

I guess that I have been lucky. I have a catering business after having an ofice job for 25 years and being let go 18 months ago. My wife also has an in home business and while the catering has slowed her business has grown. I have become her office manager and spend a lot of time dressed as Renee the Office Manager. She has told me that I get a lot more done when I am Renee. lol. I also do all of the housework so she can work her business. I am in Office Manager Mode now wearing 3 1/2 in black pumps, nude thigh highs, black just above the knee straight skirt, and a maroon blouse. I think that I missed my calling years ago. Should have been a secretary. Haha. Well better get back to work. Good luck looking for a stay at home opportunity.

Having been laid off now for well over a year, I finally decided to apply my professional expertise and experience to my own freelance opportunities, which have recently become rather good. I work these opportunities from my home. This does give me the opportunity to work while fully dressed enfem. However, as I often have to leave the house for various reasons, I don't usually put on makeup. I am enjoying this situation rather nicely for the time being.

Paula

Can you be a freelancer or consultant in your field? Those are perfect work at home jobs. Be prepared to spend much of your day on the phone, at the computer or both. Sometimes it can hard to step away from work, as you are always at the office.

Maia

I have a pretty corporate job with big clients, but if & when I work from, home, you can bet your sweet boots I'll be dressed as any career woman ever would. To me, that's just an excuse to stay home. ....been there/done that....look forward to the next time.