Thread: Finding it easier to shop for female things these days

Finding it easier to shop for female things these days

I was wondering if any of you other girls are finding it easier to shop for women's things. I am much more confident now both as robin and as my male self. It just seems that store managers and salespeople are much more open about this. They seem easier to talk too and get advice from After - all it is still a sale and it seems like they have seen it all. I went shopping this week with my tg friend Jen from Pa in male mode to both the Dress Barn and a Goodwill store. Both were very accomodating. Do you girls agree ?

SA are accepting when we act confident about ourselves. They can sense our confidence or that something is wrong. Depending upon how we transmitting to them determines our experience in their store.
    Michelle

Hi Robin, yes it definitely gets easier and easier over time. My first couple of times were a bit intimidating, the fear of the unknown I suppose as I was in drab......what reaction was I going to get?

Well, once I got it out that I was shopping for myself the SA's tended to fall over themselves rushing all sorts of things for me to try on. Maybe it was the novelty of the situation, or they anticipated a big $$$ sale, but I was treated as well as a customer could ever wish for.

Nowadays all of my shopping is done femme, and I am happy to say that I have never had a bad or negative experience. A couple of neutral looks, but nothing remotely bad.

If we present ourselves confidently and appropriately I cannot imagine why any of us wold encounter difficulties.

Tash

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    SA are accepting when we act confident about ourselves. They can sense our confidence or that something is wrong. Depending upon how we transmitting to them determines our experience in their store.
    I second that! Also with the economy the way it is, most SA will do what they must to get the sale. They don't care what you buy as long as you buy.
    Cary

Gold Member
    I cannot really remember the last time I shopped for MEN'S things.
    Oh yeah, it was a couple years ago when I had to find socks for my son.

Being a large and obvious elderly male I shop as a grandfather. SAs just assume I'm the guy with the money/credit card asked by other family members to queue up at the cash counter to buy the femme goods, which look as though they're for a daughter.

Discreetly I carry a small spring roll-up measure to check waist sizes on skirts skorts, culottes &c. Sizes vary so much that you could be surprised what number in on what'll actually fit ! I'd Never ask to try anything on, but ask that the receipt be put in the bag so I can change it if it doesn't fit.

Example: I usually take UK 14/Eur 42 waist. That's about 33" nowadays, or 16,5" across the top with the measure. The other day I found that a flat 16.5" waisted denim skirt had UK12/Eur 38 on it. The size 14 in that skirt measured 18" across the top. It must have been designed to be worn as a hipster.

I bought the size 12 and it fits at my waist perfectly!

This spring, my wife and I stopped at a mall, not the local one, and I tried on and bought two pair of shoes at the payless. Even though I was very nervous and self conscious, my wife told me after I seemed very relaxed and confident. She also told me the female SA was comfortable because I didn't display what I was feeling inside.

Yes

I have a much easier time shopping for girl clothes than drabs. I almost always get a good fit the first try with a skirt or blouse, but man clothes, that's another story. I guess I hate drabwear so much that I am too critical of it, so lately my wife has bought my man attire, and it fits!

am so confident when I shop around .. at start I used to be nervous but now I got used to it

shopping comfortably

These day I find it most comfortable to shop for anything whether in drab or enfemme. SAs are used to seeing us on a regular basis and try to make us feel at ease.. The more we go shopping and admit it is for oursleves the easier is on the SA, the better service we get and every CD benefits.

1. I go to K-Mart or Wal-Mart in parts of town where my friends likely won't see me. (On the other hand... I drive a Mercedes. Kinda stands out.) With that in mind, the chek-out girls don't care one way or another. It's just a job to them, and checking me out gets them 2 minutes closer to quitting time.

2. On the OTHER hand, I also have an eye toward mens clothes that will double as women's -- like jeans. I bought a pair of mens jeans today, and plan to wear them with a woman's top and sandals.

Ditto On The Ease of Shopping

In the past few months I seem to have lost the nervous feeling when I go in to buy anything. You all are right when you say that the SAs are very cool when you're confident and know what you're doing.

That being said, I still have to find a place to do a makeover. Hopefully that will go as well as my confession to my hair stylist.

Wish me luck.

i shop 100% i drab and that does not seem to bother me , and i have always found SA helpfull and only once , have i said it was for me , ( but they all know any way). the more you buy the easier it gets , but i still have to go ut shoping fem , that i know will be hard the first time .

today was a first though i took my favorite heels to a heel bar to be repaired . now thats something you can not hide when you ask if you can re-heel some shoes and put a pair of size 47 EU heels on the bar, ( i ended up jokeig about i need to loose a few more KG or they would see me again soon .)

Hell, I even have the SA's at LB call me if they get something in that they think I'd like. The other night I was at Dot's, when I went to pay with my check card, she said no id was necessary, I recognise you both ways...BJ

Hey Robin-

It was fun shopping with you ther other day. I think we got some great stuff.

I actually thing SA's like seeing CD's come in and shop. It gives them a whole different perspective and a bit of a challenge to find that 'just right' outfit for us. It' probably fun for them too in that they get to go home and tell their spouse, "Guess who came in today to buy a dress?"

See you next time

Jen

Confidence confidence is the key. All you have to do is own it. I love going out enfem shopping.