Thread: Advice? Found a local bar...most likely will encounter customers

Advice? Found a local bar...most likely will encounter customers

I have found local gay bar (local is relative where I live - it's 30 miles away) which claims to cater to "drag" and is the "oldest gay bar" in Maine.

I have never gone out dressed in my state as I have about 5,000 clients (or more) and my business is such that if my credibility goes - so does my income...

Look at my profile pictures...

If I am a wallflower and don't dance on the bar - what do you think?

One client already knows - but we saw each other at the fetish fair and he was dressed as a pony (complete with bit and harness ) so I don't have much worry there.

My expectation is that nobody will recognize me - and if they do , since Maine still exists in the 1950's nobody will ever say a word...

Your opinion?

Thanks oodles,

Natalia
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Will you be recognized? Maybe, possibly if the person is paying any real attention. Most don't though, I have go up to someone and he couldn't put it together, but others have. On the other hand they are in a gay bar soooo would they want their secret out.

One's sexual orientation, gender identity, or fetish, etc shouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with one's credibility or business.

Come to think of it, perhaps whatever clients you lose, you'd gain tenfold more from the GLBT community in your area once you establish yourself in the community and let people know what it is you do.

Besides.. if a client is there, then you have nothing to worry about, considering they're there for a reason too.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    One's sexual orientation, gender identity, or fetish, etc shouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with one's credibility or business.

Come to think of it, perhaps whatever clients you lose, you'd gain tenfold more from the GLBT community in your area once you establish yourself in the community and let people know what it is you do.

Besides.. if a client is there, then you have nothing to worry about, considering they're there for a reason too.
    That's sorta my thought...I and my wife were two of the most active pro gay marriage activists in the State last year...raised over $100K online...I have never used this in business, but would imagine that there is a ton of business there...
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I find that people all over are very tolerant, or unobservant.

That said, even though I live in Maine, I rarely go to venues here. I mostly go to Boston and NH. Have gone to the BMV once to get my female pic on an ID. If you avoid venues that serve alcohol to red neck types then you should be ok.
    Sally

It seems obvious that your wife may have a line on new clients if the ones you have are too shallow minded to accept you for who you are.

Oh yes.... and what fun is a bar if you can't dance on it!
    If you act like a wallflower and someone sees you - you didn't have fun.
    You dance on the bar and someone sees you - at least you had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    It seems obvious that your wife may have a line on new clients if the ones you have are too shallow minded to accept you for who you are.

Oh yes.... and what fun is a bar if you can't dance on it!
    If you act like a wallflower and someone sees you - you didn't have fun.
    You dance on the bar and someone sees you - at least you had fun!
    I'm a wallflower in any attire

go have fun, be yourself, don't get drunk. Everyone has an agenda and usually you are not part of that agenda. If someone you know sees you they would have to stare to figure out who you are. Most people cannot even tell you what the bartender looks likes let alone the clientele. When not in the bar act like you know what you are doing and no one will notice there either (do you remember what the person in the car next to you today looked like?)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Go enjoy yourself Natalia, in most probability no one will recolonize you and if they do in a gay bar they have as much to loose as you do by saying anything.

But remember also, most people really do not pay much attention to those around them and even if they did, I am sure that you look different enough that you need not worry.

Silver Member

What part of Maine do you live in?

Lived in Maine most of my life except the past 14 months--I used to go out a lot in Portland---the best bar to go to is Blackstones on Pine street---sort of a gay cheers--neighborhood bar with a mix of gays with some CDs thrown in for good measure--bartenders are friendly and accepting of us--I've been offered free drinks on occasion by the people there--another place to go is Styx on Spring street---more of a dance club bar and with a younger crowd then Blackstones---also PJ's in Augusta (Papa Joes) is a bar where we can feel comfortable--there used to be a couple of gay bars in the Bangor area that were fun to go to but they are both closed now. Also a bar in Bar Harbor which I've never been to is supposed to be TG friendly as well as Main Street in Ogunquit If you go to Blackstones and run into Jennifer (tall blonde TS) tell her Janessa says hi.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]