Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we narcissistic?

first of all I can't even spell the word correctly Narcissisum somthing like that.
    Any way The only one that counts is me and how good I look with my perfect body and size 2 dress. My makeup is always fab. there is nothing about me that is not perfect. I have told myself that so often that even my mirror believes me.

Now for the real world DUH an overweight older woman is not someone who can admire herself in the mirror. That is to say (even saying That I pass as a woman) may be pushing the point to far. I there for can say without any intense thought. that I am not that word you girls can spell and i can't.

Well...maybe but, I think maybe we are more unconvinced we look good, but are pleased to hear otherwise. The difficult thing to figure out is reality. But, people have different tastes so you will look good to some and not others... As a group, I think it is not the case, because narsasistic people are so self absorbed they tend not to know how to complement others. Generally, I see nothing but support from most CDers.
    Chickie

Narcissistic? Oh yes, completely. Duly so, wouldnt cha say? Tee hee...

I'm not narcissitic, I'm just awesome.

I am coming to a conclusion that narcissistic describes someone occupied with joying in their own presentation, so long story short especially for a CDer it would be the essence of the act. However going further, if the person feels of being a woman within and strives to appear of the image in line with their psyche then presentation becomes much more that mare fetishistic outlet. It represents manifestation of one self as they truly feel they are. Genetic females inherently are prone to presentation to attract sufficient mate so it could be described as genetic predisposition to narcissistic tendencies. I guess in any light, if one cares about an outward appearance, and such act does not harm any other person, then it should be looked upon as perfectly fine and also as presenting with respect to others.

I do not think there can be a blanket determination of that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The concenses of attitudes is amazing. I agree that as Mr. Drab I avoid complements and looking in the mirror. More concerned about my accomplishments than my looks. But Jody loves looking at her body and compliments make her tummy flutter along w/ her eyelashes. She is always trying to improve her looks and feels she deserves the attention.

I'll wager that it has a lot to do w/ how we're raised and the attitudes of society. Boys work, girls look lovely. That may be changing to some degree but a lot of us grew up w/ that ethic.

And I like looking lovely.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Funny thing is...."What's his name" always wants to be behind the camera......Kendra always wants to be IN FRONT of the camera....LOL....Narcissistic???? I'd give that a big YES!!! [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    of course
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by yazooey View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I was just looking over my old posts and threads and reading through what I was thinking at that moment. It really made me a little embarrassed in that I am completely narcissistic. Now, as my male self I am further from my femme side in that I generally deflect attention from myself. Compliments make me feel a little uncomfortable so I quickly turn the compliment onto someone else.

Now when I start a thread to share with you all I don't come out and say, "Hey, look at me and tell me how I look." Rather, I post pictures to share myself with you all but eventually, I start to receive comments and sometimes compliments and I start to love the attention. I graciously accept compliments and then I start to check hourly to see who else has commented or complimented. I think that this is a rather ugly trait of "Natalie" That's my femme name by the way.

If I've ever rubbed anyone in the wrong way please accept my apologies. I do, however, love to look at everyone's pictures and I have to admit that I don't comment all the time. When I do comment I am pretty certain that I am always complimentary.

Does anyone else feel this way about their alter-ego femme side?
    Dear, if you were "completely narcissistic" you would be incapable of realizing it. Since you do have enough self awareness to wonder, I would say, and this is just my opinion, that you, like me, may be somewhat narcissisitic, but not completely so. We can adjust our behavior to compensate, wherever it has an impact on our loved ones, as long as we are aware of of tendencies. At least, we can try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

No, I don't think I am. Slightly vain, but I'm not a narcissist.

Okay, vain, yeah, i guess i am vain. Makes me feel a little better. LOL. I just want to let you all know that I love this site and the community here. I would hate it if I was seen as a b---h. That's all. It still feels odd posting pics up and feeling like I'm showing off. Thanks for all the support over the years.

the happy camper
    Yes, I would also call it vanity rather than narcissism, but I soooooo think that song was about me.

[COLOR="blue"]Let's see, I spend hours shaving myself all over, tweezing my eyebrows, applying makeup to my face, matching this dress with that skirt with those shoes, with about ten trips to the mirror for every action, and then I will spend hours arranging furniture, placing lights and tripods all over the place so I can get about one picture in a hundred to turn out "right." Nah, there's no chance in Hell that I'm narcissistic.

nope not at all... now get off my thread.

Banned Read only
    It's just a word quacks use to describe what disagrees with their ideology. Don't take it to heart.

Narcissus was a figure from Greek mythology who thought he was "too sexy for his shirt" and the gods expelled him from society to a pond where he was forced to gaze at his image in a reflecting pool.

Then Freud and a bunch of other retards invented psychology and scammed every emotionally troubled person in to thinking they were real doctors...and they fabricated important-sounding words like "narcissim" so they could bill you by the hour.

The rest is history.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissySox View Post
    It's just a word quacks use to describe what disagrees with their ideology. Don't take it to heart.
    So my relatives who have been diagnosed with Narcistic Personality Disorder are just... what, "misunderstood" ? "Having difficulty with communicating" ? "Troubled" ? Or just plain a**-holes ?

I would give you rather troubling examples of just how insensitive narcists can be, but the stories were told to me in confidence.

Sandra,

Horror stories are for around the campfire. Narcists can be and are dangerous to those around them.

Be careful and safe.

love
    Danni

The type of femininity we CDs chase after - the fashionable, sexy, desirable, partying starlet is an inherently vain behavior. I think we can all think of GGs especially teenagers who fit this bill.

But as men we are conditioned to believe this to be unmanly and inappropriate so we avoid it. So this is another female privilege we get to enjoy without shame and guilt when we transform. Society understands the self-centeredness involved in spending so much time and effort on your appearance for the sake of others' appreciation. It is fun to explore emotions and feelings that have been denied to you for your entire life.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    So my relatives who have been diagnosed with Narcistic Personality Disorder are just... what, "misunderstood" ? "Having difficulty with communicating" ? "Troubled" ? Or just plain a**-holes ?

I would give you rather troubling examples of just how insensitive narcists can be, but the stories were told to me in confidence.
    How about we go with just plain @ssholes? You know, like the kind that feel the need to use quotations for no good "reason" in a bombastic fashion.

I'm sorry you and your family are so f--ked up, but there are certainly better descriptions than the generic terms the quacks who masquerade as doctors use nowadays. Also, given your responses in my previous threads I tend to think you are now trolling me, so lay off.

Banned Read only
    Get a sense of humor, life is too short

yes, I love looking in the mirror to see my figure and my beautiful outfits, which I would love to see on my wife and other women.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissySox View Post
    Also, given your responses in my previous threads I tend to think you are now trolling me, so lay off.
    I sometimes post humour, but I do not bother to troll. I do, however, attempt to educate and learn, based upon the principles of evidence and reasonable argument. I find myself saying "I didn't know that" and "Gee, I didn't know that was possible" several hundred times per day --- and then, time permitting, I go and research those matters and learn something.

Science and technology thrive through the exchange of opinion and through (polite) challenges to knowledge. "How do you know that is so?" is not a personal affront: it is an opportunity to educate or to reflect that one might be holding unwarranted assumptions.

Attacks on a person's character are unnecessary ... and are also against the forum rules.

It seems we shun compliments when they're directed at our male selves. My mother used to compliment me to no end as a child and I hated it because I was hiding my femme side, so as far as I was concerned she was complimenting someone else. Now I'm seeking acceptance of my real self among women. I could care less what men think about how I look. Perhaps some CDs and TGs seek acceptance with men, and this might have to do with childhood variables.