Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long nails and typing

Long nails and typing

How long did it take you girls to get used to typing with long nails?

I type fairly well and fast, but just glued on some pretty nails and now everything's a challenge. Typing is not easy

I remember the first time I tried on the Kiss press on nails. Wow, was that an experience. However, after a few tries I got the hang of it and started to like the sound of the click clack on the keys. Practice makes perfect.

It's one of the ways I know to have them cut back a bit, when I hacve too mnany typung misatakerres ... the long nails are still a trick to get used to , for me. BUT it's so much fun leanimng
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Well, this didn't last long..

I LOVE my pretty new nails as far as how they look, but I can't do my hair, type, put on makeup, get dressed, or several other things with them on, so off they came. Getting them off wasn't easy... I got frustrated with them.

I have always had pretty long nails so I have gotten use to typing with long nails right now my nails are over a 1/4" and I do just find... other the the bandaid I have on one finger messes up my touch feel..

Typing with long nails is difficult task for me.... Unfortuantely I need more practice, or maybe thats a good thing!

Rach

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    Well, this didn't last long..

I LOVE my pretty new nails as far as how they look..
    Cute.

I've never had the opportunity to try long nails although I'd really like to. I don't suppose you have an iPhone? Only reason I ask is I have one and my wife absolutely cannot use it with her nails (because the screen is heat sensitive and not strictly touch sensitive lol).

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    Cute.

I've never had the opportunity to try long nails although I'd really like to. I don't suppose you have an iPhone? Only reason I ask is I have one and my wife absolutely cannot use it with her nails (because the screen is heat sensitive and not strictly touch sensitive lol).

Actually, I have an iPod Touch, but didn't try to use it with my nails on. I got flustered trying to get my wig on with the nails in the way, then decided to take them off and then not dress up because it's just so hot and humid today.. So, just half dressed, lol.. My wife painted my toenails hot pink and I'm sitting here in my nylon half slip, panties and high heels wishing I could transform and take a drive to the beach to walk in the wet sand barefoot in a skirt, but no way I'm stopping for gas while CD & I know the car is on E.

I used to grow my nails really long but they kept getting ruined because of work, moving around the apartment, etc. I'm keeping them reasonably long... not like french tips long LOL

Sorry you are having so much trouble!

I've had long nails/acrylics, about 1/2" (about 12.7 mm) beyond the ends of my fingers, for about 14 years now and I type and do everything else with them all of the time. As a matter of fact, the real problem is when one breaks and I have to end up typing with the pad of my finger -- now that is annoying! I don't know how guys and short nailed women get through their day!

I cook, clean, shoot, fix plumbing problems, etc. You do have to find ways to do some stuff differently. Putting in contact lenses and working the clasps on necklaces, for example.

And there are a couple of things that I can't do -- bowling is out, and no, I can't use some of the touch-pad cellphones very well (some use a different system and those do work). There is a stylus for the iPhones and others like them, but since I'm a Blackberry user, I haven't had to try it.

I've never tried it, but I would guess that most inflatable ball sports, like football, basketball, and baseball, wouldn't be things I would want to try, but, then again, I wasn't big on them when I had short nails. We probably don't even have any balls around the house.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Like Persephone, I've had long nails (usually about 5/8" past the fingertips) for about 12 years now. I started short, and grew them out gradually with an acrylic overlay on my natural nails, so there was no sudden transition from short to long or back again. This allowed me to get used to doing daily activities, including typing, in different ways as the nails grew longer. I think that's the key, and that moving abruptly from one length to another would seem very clumsy. I type almost as fast as I did without nails, but it is clear that my accuracy is poorer than it used to be. Thank goodness for computers and the backspace key!

- Diane

I've no problem with typing in acrylics (I've been wearing them six weeks). The iPhone was a huge challenge but I think I've conquered that. The biggie for me is doing up buttons. It's a nightmare and I end up dripping with sweat. One button, onr hole for button - it should be so easy.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

My nails are about 1/4 " past the end of my fingers. I find that longer then that makes it hard to type and they tend to break on me anyway. But they are still polished all the time and I even get a french style once in a while when I am in the mood. For a real formal affair I have had them made longer but found that although they look pretty that way they are not pratical for everyday use.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Typing Is the least of my worries,when I have long nails visiting the little girls room is an experience LOL

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

With long nails do you type with the nails striking the keys or type with your pads trying to miss the keys with the nails? I know mine are getting too long when the nails start hitting the key above the key I am trying to press. I guess if you are suppose to type with the nail then I could grow them out more. I tried very long acrylics once, it was fun to try out but they were ridiculously long. I just wanted to know what it felt like for the girls who wear them full uncut length. I removed the talons and decided long is nice, super long is not for me.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    In my previous life, I used to grow my nails as long as I could before I would get annoyed with the comments or breaking them and cut them back. But, for the last 3 years, I have just grown them to various lengths, but never short. Now, in my current life, they are just various lengths of looonnnnggg. LOL.

Typing, is easy when you get used to them. I have acrylic french tips now and find I always use the nail for typing as my fingers can't touch the keys. Practice, practice, practice.

But, I have found that it isn't for the novelty any more. Now, the nails are because I just love the look. Before, it was always about "can I do this" or "what would it feel like to do that". Or "I really want to try glued nails but what if I can't get them off?" That was the purpose - to get caught - or increase the excitement by the thought of getting caught. Just have fun with your nails girls - and try not to get caught.:-)
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    And there are a couple of things that I can't do -- bowling is out
    Oh boy can I echo that. I am an avid bowler and took the summer off for the first time since I can remember. So my nails got pretty long, enough to start getting attention. So this week was the start of my bowling league and the first two throws really hurt my fingertips. So I trimmed those two nails back, but two others broke. So it just doesn't mix well it seems.

Glue ons will be hard because the nails aren't as strong as normal nails. I have long nails and it doesn't interfere at all.
    Michelle

When you can grow your own nails, like all gradual processes, you'll get used to it as you go.
    I can even play guitar with mine.

Hey there, you vl eventually get used to it.But takes time to get used to them.Very pretty nails there u hav got,love the design on it.Glue ons are fun than growing your natural long nails and if they break sometimes they hurt.My girlfriend always uses glue on nails well so do I :d.haha...

How long did it take you girls to get used to typing with long nails?

I type fairly well and fast, but just glued on some pretty nails and now everything's a challenge. Typing is not easy
    I'm in the process of letting mine grow out. It's a very different experience!

Aspiring Member
    I got flustered trying to get my wig on with the nails in the way, then decided to take them off and then not dress up because it's just so hot and humid today.. So, just half dressed, lol.. My wife painted my toenails hot pink and I'm sitting here in my nylon half slip, panties and high heels wishing I could transform and take a drive to the beach to walk in the wet sand barefoot in a skirt, but no way I'm stopping for gas while CD & I know the car is on E.
    Sorry you day didn't go quite as planned; I hate when that happens :/ Doesn't sound like a total waste though what with the toenail painting and all :P

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanssusan View Post
    I'm in the process of letting mine grow out. It's a very different experience!
    It's definitely tough, especially when your an active person. Two weeks to grow them a bit then two seconds to break 'em :/

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Learning to type with nails, learning to walk in heels like a lady, adjusting to the shift in "center of gravity" of having breasts for the first time....All this is the fun of being a woman....I wouldn't have it any other way.... [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Amazing Member
    I let my nails grow, and mostly just trim them when they get broken. Preventing them from breaking takes a bit of thought and a lot of care. I now often open a pull-tab drink can with the shaft of a spoon, rather than just grabbing it. I remove those sticky price labels with the blunt end of a nail file, insteed of my nails. And so on.
    I do a fair amount of typing, and of course one tends to make more errors. I am only partly used to typing with long nails. Luckliy with today's keyboards, instead of the old manual typewriters, you do not have to hit the keys hard, and with a word processor, can correct the errors easily. Modern technology has come to our aid.

I don't like having short nails anymore, and would not want to cut them back just to type better, unless I had a really serious deadline to meet of course. Not working anymore, this would be a rare occurrence.

I guess you have to make some sacrifices to be pretty.

It was a steep learning curve when I wore press on nails as the change was instantaneous. Now that I've let mine grow out it's been much easier as I've gotten better as they've gotten longer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !