Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving....

Loves Mary Janes <3 Kayleigh-Marie's Avatar

Shaving....

A little while ago when I purchased some white knee high heart printed stockings, I shaved my legs so that the "man hair" wouldn't show through. Now my Partner is very supportive and understanding with me CD but, she got a bit freaked out with me shaving my legs. I admit there was irration etc, from shaving, which I used baby lotion which helped no end.

I would love so much to shave them again, so I can wear my flesh coloured tights with a shine, they would look so good with my denim skirts I have, but she doesn't want me to shave.

I remember when I did how I loved the feeling of not just Kayleighs clothes, but my own against my skin, so in a way I guess I didn't just shave for Kayleigh.

I very rarely wear shorts... A. as I don't really have manly legs to show off and B. we never have the weather. I don't go swimming either, so thats not much of a problem. The only time I wear shorts is my PJ's I wear to bed.

I am going to have chat with her later to see if I can presuade her in to letting me shave again, is there some way of approaching it? I always seem to get cut off when trying to talk about it. She even said, if I shaved mine, she wouldn't shave hers

If it was me...I'd call her bluff. Lets see who can go the longer... you with shaved legs enjoying it, or her hairy just to piss you off? My money's on you.
    A tip though, instead of baby oil try plain old hair conditioner, it provides lubrication during shaving but also softens the hair and moisturize's the skin after. Doesn't even have to be expensive conditioner, although I'd avoid any with a strong scent. Cheers. Carol

Is Hair the Whole Issue?

Now, I don't quite get it. She is okay with your CDing but wants your hairy legs? How does the lack of hair on your legs make you less manly in guy mode? I wonder if she is not quite comfortable with your CDing and this is just a hint of how she really feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh-Marie View Post
    I would love so much to shave them again, so I can wear my flesh coloured tights with a shine, they would look so good with my denim skirts I have, but she doesn't want me to shave.

I am going to have chat with her later to see if I can presuade her in to letting me shave again, is there some way of approaching it? I always seem to get cut off when trying to talk about it. She even said, if I shaved mine, she wouldn't shave hers

Kayleigh, you don't say what freaked your so the most, the shaved legs or the shaving rash/reaction. If its the first then you have some work to do, but try and get her to look around, loads of blokes now have shaved, or in my case, waxed legs, and has we have seen on this forumn so many times before, nobody really notices these days.

If its the second reason then you need to improve your technique, and yes the cheap non-perfumed conditioner works very well, but don't forget to moisturize afterwards. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by carolinoakland View Post
    If it was me...I'd call her bluff. Lets see who can go the longer... you with shaved legs enjoying it, or her hairy just to piss you off? My money's on you.
    Cheers. Carol
    Well that would would certainly be me, as she goes swimming with her mum every Tuesday, so I doubt it will be long till her mum notices the fact that my GF has hair coming out of her legs.. Thank you for the tip also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallie View Post
    Now, I don't quite get it. She is okay with your CDing but wants your hairy legs? How does the lack of hair on your legs make you less manly in guy mode? I wonder if she is not quite comfortable with your CDing and this is just a hint of how she really feels.
    I really don't know, my friend can't understand it either. My GF doesn't live with me (although we have been dating for 9yrs..complications with myself of lack of a job and her working, etc) she doesn't even see my legs that much anyway, only at bed time when she stops over 2-3 days a week, but if it really bothers that much tracksuit bottoms to bed would solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    Kayleigh, you don't say what freaked your so the most, the shaved legs or the shaving rash/reaction. If its the first then you have some work to do, but try and get her to look around, loads of blokes now have shaved, or in my case, waxed legs, and has we have seen on this forumn so many times before, nobody really notices these days.

If its the second reason then you need to improve your technique, and yes the cheap non-perfumed conditioner works very well, but don't forget to moisturize afterwards. Good Luck
    I don't know to be honest, I feel its more to the "Guys should have hairy" legs. Yes I was a bit irrated when my legs were itching like hell, but I soon calmed the irratation down. I have been looking into getting electric shavers that are made for women leg shaving...

I would say that this is really your choice. Do you get to dictate whether she shaves her legs or what her hairstyle will be? It is only hair after all. It is really a matter of her getting used to the idea. If you had carried on shaving after your first time then you would not be having these problems now.

So you just need to do it, take the flak and continue just being your normal self and giving her reassurance that you do not plan any permanent body alteration or will do anything which would embarrass her. In time it will become a non-issue once her anxiety fades away.

Platinum Member
    Those are definately your legs, she knows about and supports your CDing, and you're not married - so frankly, I think this is your decision, not hers. You can tell her you appreciate her input, but have elected to shave and hope that she can come to grips with it. Her threat of not shaving her own legs is rather a childish attempt to coerce you. Not cool.

Your both so right. I am 28 this year she is 31.... a lot of my friends have commented on how strange she is with certain aspects.

Its makes me giggle that I actually own more tights and shoes then she does... shes more of a jumper and jeans kinda girl.

Tomorrow then when I have a bath again, I shall do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallie View Post
    Now, I don't quite get it. She is okay with your CDing but wants your hairy legs? How does the lack of hair on your legs make you less manly in guy mode?
    My wife feels the same way... she likes the hair.

Also she has an "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy regarding CDing so she's only reminded of my CDing maybe once every month or so. Shaving my legs is a constant reminder.

That said, I have shaved every day for five years now and we are still together. YMMV

Ok well that didn't go quite as planned. She is 100% ok with me crossdressing, but she said that she wanted to keep at least some manly features about me. I have had to agree to save grace that I shall not be shaving.. Instead she gave me the idea to look for Ice Skating tights, as they are very thick denier, so at least I have the best of both worlds.

I guess some people have to have boundaries somewhere.

Adventures in High heels Brenda2246's Avatar

Shaving.....

I feel very lucky my girl friend who knows about my CDing, asked me to shave my whole body! I am a very lucky girl!!
    Adventures in High heels [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi!

I remember when I was about 15/16... I played guitar in a band and wanting to grow my hair long (this was a long time ago!). My parents were very strict about this. No way!

I spoke to a guy in the band who had a really good head of hair and he said... just do it. When they complain, just accept that they do not agree with you and then carry on. If they care about you, they will accept it. It worked.

Now partners are not parents... though the letters look scarifyingly similar! But the same applies... I have been shaving my whole body now for 7 years or so...

I used to hide my legs and arms. My wife clocked this and suggested I wear short sleeves again in Summer... I did and have had ZERO notice ever since. I even started wearing shorts again.

It is useful to know that there is a general trend in the young away from body hair! Worth having as a card up your sleeve!

Ok well that didn't go quite as planned. She is 100% ok with me crossdressing, but she said that she wanted to keep at least some manly features about me. I have had to agree to save grace that I shall not be shaving.. Instead she gave me the idea to look for Ice Skating tights, as they are very thick denier, so at least I have the best of both worlds.

I guess some people have to have boundaries somewhere.
    Manly qualities = hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Manly qualities = hair?

Yes

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar

the art of compromise

[SIZE="3"]We, for the most part, all make some compromises in the pursuit of our life style / life choice ...
    I say, if this is her 'line in the sand', that you respect it and look for ways to work with it.
    Just my .02 ;^)
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Personally, I would object to a GF mandating whether I could or could not shave. that being said, you're both adults - so to each their own.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Two votes for calling her bluff, I'm with Carol on this one !

Of course, you have to get along her though! When dealing with a partner and CDing issues, it is good to respect the boundaries that allow them to be comfortable with both sides of you.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

It just seems sad that being a man for some women means having hairy whatevers...

I know loads of of women who don't like hair!

Now, being manly in my household is about mowing the lawn, fixing the roof, sorting the annoying phone-calls, mending the car, dealing with idiots, bringing home the main income source, trimming 10 foot high hedges, decorating, plumbing, sorting parents' funeral arrangements, managing weddings, supporting higher education, doing the tax stuff, cooking... yes I do mean cooking!, yawn..... and they still want hairy legs?

Why?

Do a trade-off... smooth legs or the above... choice!

My so feels along the same lines she has know problem with me dressing she buys most of my clothes but the first time I shaved my underarms she got upset and said that she felt she was losing the man she married
    she

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I don't know to be honest, I feel its more to the "Guys should have hairy" legs.
    Yeah, I know... My wife is the same. She says she doesn't care about the looks, but "guys are not supposed to care that much about hairy legs"

However, I think that you should not shave. She is already supporting, let her have this little think for her.

Unless having hairless legs is more important than your relationship

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I sometimes wonder about SOs that are seemingly ok with their spouses CDing,but send out mixed messages,I'm not talking about having bounderies as that can be best way for relationships to prosper.It's ones where the SO absolutely detest the dressing up,but although they hate It doesn't mind the spouse doing it when they in different room/out at work etc Two ends of the spectrum in one relationship,how does that work

Surely Honesty Is a two way street,seems to me the SO Isn't being truthful in these cases .I suppose It can be seen as compromise,but I see CDing as an either or situation,or maybe my opinion is clouded in that my two Marriages are like black and white,no grey area

sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

but she said that she wanted to keep at least some manly features about me.
    So your male body, errr aparatus, voice, mannerisms are not enough? She needs the leg hair dammit! LOL. Lame deflection, it is all about her anxiety that leg shaving is a slippery slope to a fully feminized body. Just give her more time but don't give up. You could even try an experiment like shaving your armpits and seeing how many days it takes her to even notice.

I was recently asked by my wife to stop wearing nylons even though I had worn them almost every day since we met over seven years ago. After that I also stopped shaving partly because I wasn't under doing anymore and partly because my sons birthday party was coming up and knew I was going to be wearing shorts around hey family and mine. After the party I decided to stay shaving again because the hair was driving me crazy. After I had shaved and my wife finally noticed she have me a hard time this issue led to three fights. She says it is because out son that sher doesn't want me shaving I think its cause she's just a prude. She also threaten to not shave her legs as well, which is such an extremely childish move. I feel your pain let us know how it all works out for you

You didn't say how long you have been with your girlfriend,maybe after she gets more used to your CDing you can shave your legs again.My wife doesn't know I CD,I shaved my legs a few years ago and she hated it,so I let it grow back,Last fall I shaved my legs and underarms,she mentioned it ,I said I hate hair. I love the feel and shave everyday,she used to hate it,but now accepts it.....Jamie I

I wish I can shave but this will make my wife and familly think that somthing is going on with me.