Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Percentage of Male Population as CDs

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    Are you really sure about that Taylor?
    There are a lot of us that get mistaken for GG's when out.

Danni
    I wish I was one of them . . .
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    Are you really sure about that Taylor?
    There are a lot of us that get mistaken for GG's when out.

Danni
    But sadly, Danni, most don't, at least not up close, and not to everyone. There's a thread going on about SCC right now where there are 100's of CD/TSs, and you can read the OP's impressions.

It's also my observation that after a certain age the lines do blur between gender looks. Men & women both lose hormones as wrinkles set in (generally), and later in life it might be easier for M2F TG's appearance to not scream out "male" in comparison to aging females.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    The current number is about 5% but this is not a valid figure, scientifically because it does not include the closet crossdressers. It includes only those who have been outed whether by themselves or another.

One thing everyone should take away from this discussion (and I sense most have) is that there is no "current number" that is statistically valid whether you include or don't include people in the closet. As much as I too would like an answer, it just doesn't exist. But gut opinions, including my own, are plentiful.

I've heard many estimates... all I know is that close to 200 people are online to this site whenever I sign in...
    so there are MANY males who do mtf CDing, etc.
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Always curious, where did the 5% statistic come from?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have seen 10% as well, but think it is extremely low. Based upon observations at my fitness club, a hetero, male/female club, i see approximately 30-40% of the guys wearing panties, camisoles, over the knee socks, thigh-highs, etc.
    Be interesting to evaluate is CDers are more apt to keep fit, or if this % is accurate. I live in Northern Ohio, solid Blue Collar America.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Desiree

Even taking under consideration 1% of population the number is rather large 3million cdrs in states, if that number would be in vicinity of 2% still being somewhat conservative the number of cdrs would be larger than population of Denmark. We joke often about a nation of Transtopia, but these numbers make it somewhat real. I wonder which county would let us change the flag into rainbow and lace?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." [wiki]

So here is my contribution. There are approximately 150 million males in the USA [2009 census]. If you drop the under 5 year old category as they are most likely not CDing yet, then there are approximately 140 million males as potential CDers. So every 1% is approximately 1.4 million CDers.

tho statistics are just a form of making some % or number to fit the package one is trying to "sell".......... the true stats are that 30% of males ( American) have a " dressing fetish" of some sort....... so that means that 3 of 10 men you know may be wearing some article of female clothing , either now or later . This 30% number however does include female impersonators and drag queens and gay dressers as well as cd tg tv ts............ still in all what a number. I wonder what the converse is with women, surly not as large a percentage. But one never knows.

The recent Office of National Statistic survey (in the UK) nailed the old 10% figure for Gay/Lesbians as wrong, the figure being nearer 1.5%. So I would assume all similar estimates about CDers would be wildly overstated!

But saying that, I know there is at least one in the next street!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-2088191.html

Interesting....I live in a tiny little town in South Carolina. It has a total population of 4,500 people. Assuming that around 30% are males above the age at which crossdressing would normally occur and that even 2% of those are, in fact, cd'ers, we should have 27 people here who crossdress. Where are the other 26??[/I]
    "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman"...Tammy Wynette

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I don't see how you would ever get an accurate number since any survey really asks the respondent to self-identify. For some people they might embrace it, but assuming the survey is online or something there is a great fear that one would be found out. Some people CD and then don't particularly like the fact that they do since society tends to make fun of men who do. Let's face it look at the depictions of CDs in movies.

I think cross dress males around ten percent might be close but then you have to think to what degree as cross dressing goes.. There is my thinking of "what constitutes cross dressing?" and by that I mean where does it start.. Do pierced ears qualify for cross dressing? Probably not or else there would be a huge jump in the percentage.. And then there are those who may only wear a single article of clothing such as panties or whatever.. Full on cross dressing, such as what I eventually did but don't so much anymore.. There is the rarity of wearing a skirt and hose but not everything that feels great, but the lack of wanting to dress this way that makes me wonder what all the fuss was about.. I do know.. I do remember, but the further away from dressing fully I get the less I miss it.. STRANGE I know...

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Anecdote: ALL men are crossdressers
    I did a newspaper interview in the late 1980's.
    I suggested to the reporter that 10% of the population is primarily homosexual and 5% fall under the wide umbrella of "transgendered".

The reporter corrected my statistics because she had proof that ALL men are crossdressers !!!!
    She had recenty attended a party where the entertainment was a photographer with a lot of old costumes.
    By the end of the evening, ALL of the men had been photographed wearing a lady's hat.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/