Thread: Children

Children

We read postings about SO reactions all the time well as all of you have read my wife is fully excepting 100%. My daughter on the other hand has not. Even though she was raised with knowing about my dressing she has made it very clear that she never wants to see me dressed up or even talk about it. Well she and her best friend came down to visit this weekend for the holiday. She and her best friend wanted to go with me to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was totally shocked, realizing that this meant she was willing to see me as Carrie for the first time. After we all got dressed up my wife got the camera to take pictures.Before we took pics she told me I was very pretty. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. The movie was sold out so the girls wanted to go to the bars. Once again I was shocked she wanted to take her dad to the gay bar.Her best friend is bisexual, so I said sure and we went. The girls got quite a kick out of me getting hit on and felt up couple of times. We had a blast. They even made me get out on the dance floor. We got home about 4 in the morning. We had a great time. The next day I was going to play a joke on her and tie her shoe to the bed frame. I got the shock of my life. Under the bed special item I pulled it out and called my daughter in and was laughing and asked her if she knew where it came from. She was so horrified and turned so red in the face all I could do was laugh. She was afraid I was going to get upset if I found out she was bisexual because when she was growing up I talked alot about homos. I explained to her that that was when I was still battling inside trying to figure out who or what I was. I was trying to be macho and overly manly to make up for who I was inside. She has learned that since I have figured out that I am a crossdresser and fully happy with who I am I am fully accepting of other people and their way of life. I am so glad that my daughter moved back to Ft. Worth and met up with her high school friend. It was through her and her friends that my daughter's eyes were opened. It's so wonderful to feel like I have a complete relationship with my daughter now, based on mutual respect and love.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-07-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: too much information
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My daughter came out to me as bisexual a few years ago. She had a girlfriend who seemed really nice. Once while looking for something in my daughter's room I found an empty box for a ...ah...well...device...
    I didn't say anything about that since it would just embaress them.
    It was the same daughter who later pretty much dragged me out of the closet.
    I'm so glad the my daughter and I can be open about ourselves.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

isnt that the greatest feeling?
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Hey, Carrie,
    Even though you are not that much older than I am, I think that "kids" these days are a lot more open to alternative lifestyles. It is not surprising that when she was younger she didn't want anything to do with you and your crossdressing because her friends at the time were probably really mean and homophobic to fit in and in turn creating a cycle of intolerance. But through the magic of college minds start to open up and blossom. I am so happy for you.

Now, I don't have children, myself but I hope to God that some day I come out to my wife, she accepts me for me and we raise children that are as wonderful as yours and accept "dad" for "dad."

Carrie, I'm so happy for you, I wished I could experience that, but I have two boys who don't know and hopefully will never ever know about Doreen.

Do you think that one reason why she may have initially rejected your CDing was because you were overcompensating with the macho bravado? The more macho you were the more weird it would seem to her thinking of you dressed up.

Talk about irony. It sure takes us awhile sometimes to get out of the closet. We have to wait until our daughters pull us out of the closet.
    Michelle

Great story, I would never share this part of my life, with my grown boys, one might except it, but would never keep a secret, and the other, would never except, or even try to understand.
    I hope you get to spend a lot more time enjoying a great daughter.
    Tina B.

Hi ,

Im glad that family have played a part in your life, not may be in the way you first thought yet opened your eyes & may be in helping you to accept your self,

& that ? keeps coming out , is this macho thing this over compensating of being this big tough male .

where im coming from is as you know i dont relate to males never did nore could i .
    I can talk with males so long as its with in what i learned & was taught in my trades & thats really it ,
    Im 63 & still dont relate with males i missed what its about. i could not talk with a male as say two males would , theres a part of me thats missing, blank, nothing,
    i know why of cause . yet , trying to figger yous out , dought ill ever know.
    Really the ? is what is a real male. Bugger, missed that while growing up.

...noeleena...

That's SO awesome Carrie, congrats on the acceptance from your daughter. :-) It's fortunate when family members really are there beside us and for us. Hopefully my son will come around someday too.