Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you still get nervous?

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Not me... I am a woman so what is there to get butterflies about???
    Living with a heel in each world.

I never get nervous being myself, regardless of mode.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I liked Elsa's suggestion of the adrenaline rush similar to going onstage. I feel something like that: not so much nervous as in a way uplifted. It's a great feeling.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I used to be so nervous just to walk out the door.
    Nowdays going out just seems fun so I'm not nervous.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

its a great feeling, but i am still nervous.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    strange, but the first time i went out last year, i had no nerves at all. When i had my make-up and dresss on, my confidence came natural, and its been like that eversince. Going mainstream seemed easy too.......i had no nerves at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Not any more. I usually get in my car and then open the garage door, with tinted windows up. Then once away from house roll down a window , weather permitting.

I never did go out very much, and I go out even less now. Mostly, I just like to make up and dress up, and doing it home alone is fine. But when I go out, I always get nervous, afraid of what might go wrong that would bring embarrassment or harm to me. Call it paranoia if you want, but it's not completely unfounded. The fear can be mitigated several ways: staying in safe places, bringing along makeup remover and guy clothes, keeping the car in tip-top shape, etc.

I have been dressing for a while, since I was about 12 and I have only ventured outside the house a handful of times. Even now its only in the backyard to smoke a cigarette, but WOW what a rush!

More excited than nervous thease days.

I still get nervous when getting out of the door, Hotel or Home I always have that tickling in my stomch. But is part of the fun and satisfaction when every thing turns out right.
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

Nervous excitement

Its hard to imagine what going out would be like if I were not nervous about it; I'd rather be perfectly self-confident but that will never be the case. On the other hand, the element of danger, for lack of a better word, can enhance the excitement.

If you are not replused by it, you could trying smoking a cigarette or two; I'm a non-smoker/tee totaler except when en femme; then I find smoking to be calming and a bit sexy, too.

It doesn't worry me any more and I pretty much go everywhere dressed. I sometimes miss the adrenalin rush I used to have when I left the house though.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I almost find that perhaps i am more excited than nervous every time....if anything not about people seeing me and questioning but more am i ready, everything in place so to speak. If i am out of town even more so so i do not forget my room key.

All said, when i hear that first step in my high heels, the wind on my legs and the door close, its simply just another world and all is at peace.

I almost find that perhaps i am more excited than nervous every time....if anything not about people seeing me and questioning but more am i ready, everything in place so to speak. If i am out of town even more so so i do not forget my room key.

All said, when i hear that first step in my high heels, the wind on my legs and the door close, its simply just another world and all is at peace.

"All said, when i hear that first step in my high heels, the wind on my legs and the door close, its simply just another world and all is at peace." Perfectly stated.

OH YEAH I DO!!!!.......what i do to make me go through with it?.....

I tell myself,,,"whats the worst thing that could happen?....I DIE?......and that probably won't happen tonight"

Sounds crazy...but thats what shoves my ass out the door.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Nervous...no....
    Anxious with anticipation....YES..
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Definitely nervous as I'm not experienced enough to consider going out dresed routine. But the adrenaline and excitement are usually more than enough to offset any jitters!

~D

The only time I get nervous is when I approach a group of boys 13-25ish. I went to the 16th street mall in downtown Denver last Friday night. (the 10th) and got a little nervous then, otherwise I love it.

yes, I still get nervous. Every time I go out, I feel less nervous and more comfortable. One of my strategies to avoid jittery nerves is to make a conscious effort to remember how it has felt on the best of my experiences and keep those thoughts in my head. Another is to ask myself "what's the worst that could happen?" Usually I realize that the "worst" is very unlikely so that's it's going to be better than that. That usually calms me.
    And at times, I just stop and take a couple of slow, deep breaths--my mom taught me one. For me it has two effects: first, the extra oxygen settles me; second, it reminds me of my mom and how great a mom she was and how happy I would be if I could share my experience with her.
    That's what I do.
    warmly, Linnea

I'm only nervous from the time I decide to walk out the door untill I get to my destination. After that its always a great evening and no nerve at all walking back home (go figure)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Not any more. Going out of the door, even if there are neighbors just the other side of the fence, don't bother me. These days, the only time I might get nervous is when I'm in a very busy public place and there are a lot of people up very close to me, like in a crowd. Last time this happened was a busy Saturday afternoon at the King Tut Exhibition at the De Young Museum in San Francisco. Lots of people, teens, families, etc all up close even brushing shoulders with me it was so packed as we walked through the exhibit. I come out of that one ok though.
    Rachel, I find that kind of close up crowd easier -- everyone's distracted by the close contact with so many people. The most shaky thing for me (and even that is pretty easy now) is walking alongside a line of people with nothing else to do but look at the passers by. Or being in line inside a ladies' room.

replied to a thread the other day. travelled for 6 hours with bra and forms, and feet all girled up and not a peep. feel happy to go out!!!
    regent,

Yes, I still do after all the many ocassions where I have been out and about.

I think for some people they can overcome their nerves, while others like myself, just have yet to overcome.
    Even those times when on dates, those who have taken me out have certainly noticed my nerves flaring up too.