Thread: Less Stress

Less Stress

I have always found dressing makes me more relaxed,

and helps cure and stress.

The feeling of complete contentment is wonderful.

Am I the only one

Love Shelly

Not on your own there I find I can completly forget me for a few hours innit good

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_Crossdresser

Am I the only one

Love Shelly

Hi Shelly

No you are not the only one who dresses to relieve stress. If my SO has had a very stressful day the first thing he want to do is put a skirt on. He says it helps.
    [size=4]Freya [/size]

You are not alone by a LONG shot honey.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

For some, going home and lounging in front of the telly is relaxation and stress relief.

For me "coming home" is the "dressing", the "rest follows", (in both contexts).

You are not alone.

Love, Rachael.

P.s. I see the instructions worked Shelly, welcome to the nuthouse!
    Last edited by Rachael Warren; 09-02-2005 at 03:00 PM.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

be careful, it takes over to the point that the stress arises just because you can't dress.

I resent any social activity in the evening because I don't get the chance to lounge around in lingerie for a few hours, just being 'me'. so please don't ask me out
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Trading Stresses for Tresses

Most of my stress comes from my work so, as I don't dress enfemme for work, when I'm in Debbie mode I do feel more relaxed. I can detach myself from certain worries and concentrate on something much more pleasurable. Mainly, my feminine side.

Debbie

Of course the stress meter might swing to the right, more than a bit, if someone were to knock on my door at this moment.

[size=3]Come to think of it when my toes(red ) are painted I'm more relaxed at work.I went to bed the other night with a t-shirt and pajamas.I laid there for an hour.I got up put on a gown and went fast asleep.[/size]

When I'm dressed it feels so natural. When I look in the mirror I see the real me and my troubles melt away. It's better than a sauna!

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    be careful, it takes over to the point that the stress arises just because you can't dress.

I resent any social activity in the evening because I don't get the chance to lounge around in lingerie for a few hours, just being 'me'. so please don't ask me out
    I won't ask you out if you leave me to be!

I'm exactly the same, hate social events. Just want to be me!

I'd give up going to work if I could afford it!

Rachael.

GypsyKaren
    For me, dressing is the best form of therapy there is. Nothing relaxes me more.

GypsyKaren

Completely agree - you said it girl!

Christine

Am I the only one

Love Shelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Same here. I agree whole heartedly. It's better than Prozak, but not really cheaper. OK, I'm a shopaholic.

lynnegirlie
    I completely agree....the stress does melt away. My wife and I call it "Skirt Therapy!"

Lynne

Does anyone know why dressing relieves the stress....i am curious......if you wish you could spend a few hrs with my kids........you'll deffo need the skirts and make up after that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c
    xx
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cheerygalneedshelp
    Does anyone know why dressing relieves the stress....i am curious......if you wish you could spend a few hrs with my kids........you'll deffo need the skirts and make up after that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c
    xx
    Hello again Cheery Girl.

I'll take a stab at this for you, and let others add or explain further, not everyone does it for the same reasons, nor everyone’s circumstances are the same, so forget the gender issues here.

I hope that I won't get raked over the coals again for trying though

In my case it has been my refuge, my happy place, my home, everything that you would associate with inner peace. I am not religious so this is in effect also my church.

When I am in "Rachael Mode" the rest of the worlds bad things melt away, I don't have to hold up any pretence, nor worry about the external things in life like work, commitments etc.

I suppose that you could call it escapism, but it isn't that wholly, I still have the family and home life in me, it seems to shut the doors on the stuff that doesn't matter and allow me to concentrate on the matters that do at the time like the family, hobbies, and life.

It is like taking a break from the rest of the world for a short while. In my case it is "being" me, who I really am (as I see it).

You as a mother have this in you inherently, you are looking after the needs of your brood with a mothers love, for me my natural role is to provide for and support that in my SO.

I think that when I can shut off the provider mode I can concentrate more on an emotional level without the distraction of worrying how I am going to provide the next pay cheque or land the next job etc. Remember not everyone is the same though, I am self-employed effectively, and that is very stressful!

The effect that this has seems to relieve stress and depression by allowing me to concentrate on one thing at a time, and more importantly in my own time. I don't have both worlds pushing at me from different directions. It provides relaxation.

I don’t know if this makes sense to you, I do find this rather hard to describe. I can assure you though that it works, and seemingly for many others.

As you already know, you can PM me with any further questions.

I have, as you asked, said hello to Lisa and look forward to getting to know her.

Love, Rachael.
    Last edited by Rachael Warren; 09-03-2005 at 06:50 PM.

The majority of the stress in my life comes from playing the role of "Mike" during the day. I often equate it to what it must be like to be a spy deep undercover in some hostile country, or an undercover police officer. Always watching your every move, being carefull what you say and how you say it. Being called by a name and being treated like someone your not. Always playing the role and wearing the mask around others. When I'm dressed, I feel free of all that acting. Does that make any sense?

May

Escapism or not....

I know exactly what you mean about the escapism, but is it really that simple..?

I know that when Im Lisa I DO escape from being the person that pays the bills, the one that goes to work, the one that has to worry about money and the future and if the car will breakdown or the washing machine or TV might blow up tomorrow....But is that really escapism..?

I know I cant escape from that life for long, and if Lisa were to ever be more than just part time, then she would have all those concerns and probably more besides...

Its only a temporary solution to the stress of everyday life....but maybe its what helps keep us sane enough to function well the rest of the time...

Maybe it is escapism...but if it works then is it really a problem...It probably helps make us better people the rest of the time...

BUT is it all about escapism... or is that just a positive effect of being the whole person you really are...the opportunity to express your female side....

I dont know the answers but Im hoping to learn in the next few months so it can be a possitive part of my life and not some kind of inconvenience...

Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Scott; 09-04-2005 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Scott
    I know exactly what you mean about the escapism, but is it really that simple..?

I know that when Im Lisa I DO escape from being the person that pays the bills, the one that goes to work, the one that has to worry about money and the future and if the car will breakdown or the washing machine or TV might blow up tomorrow....But is that really escapism..?

I know I cant escape from that life for long, and if Lisa were to ever be more than just part time, then she would have all those concerns and probably more besides...

Its only a temporary solution to the stress of everyday life....but maybe its what helps keep us sane enough to function well the rest of the time...

Maybe it is escapism...but if it works then is it really a problem...It probably helps make us better people the rest of the time...

BUT is it all about escapism... or is that just a positive effect of being the whole person you really are...the opportunity to express your female side....

I dont know the answers but Im hoping to learn in the next few months so it can be a possitive part of my life and not some kind of inconvenience...

Lisa
    No, Lisa it isn't that simple.

I did try to genaralise it somewhat, and I also said to leave the gender issues to one side.

For me it isn't just escapism, and I too am seeking answers.

One thing IMHO though, it does make for a better person on the whole.

Love, Rachael.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Scott

Lisa
    I would suggest that this "feminine side" business usually applies to those CDers who are NOT in the escapist camp===but the ones who think their fem side is real self.---There is some confusion in the CD ranks spread by those of both types who do not realize the difference in the main 2 reasons for CDing.---

Stress in a "Fem sider" CD is ALSO RELEIVED by 'comming home' so to speak---further blurring the issue.

I think in the escapist camp, we must realize that CDing gets us out of our identity---but as (usually) Hetro males the sexual thing comes into play as a "side effect" ----in many cases turning us on, making us fell 'funny", "guilty" confused or whatever. It almost MASKS the real reason why (identity escapisim) we CD. ---I think its nothing to worry about or draw profound conclusions from---just a bonus benifit to enjoy.

The Sword

Crossdressing is the sharpest two edged sword.

One way cuts the stress. To walk around the house in heels and a skirt with my lips red and hair in a pony is so wonderful.

Wanting "it" makes my chest heavy with anticipation and frustration.

Hog hugs. Jerry

Thanks to All
    The repilies have varied and interesting and thoughtful
    Almost as complicated as life itself

The more we communicate the better chance we have of understanding

I realise each situation is different but if it helps one person then its all worthwhile
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Thanks to All
    The repilies have varied and interesting and thoughtful
    Almost as complicated as life itself

The more we communicate the better chance we have of understanding

I realise each situation is different but if it helps one person then its all worthwhile
    I agree, some folks may not agree with some of my opinions and thoughts, but thats OK. I put them out there so I am personally better understood by others, and also in hopes that they may ring true and or enlighten other CDs who may feel in a similar way.

Those who feel different can also see that their are other viewpoints than what they are familiar with and can learn from that.---I Too enjoy LEARNING from those who see things differently from ME. CDing is a very complex subject matter with a lot of different reasons and philosophies---I like to read about OTHERS and I like to add MINE to the mix also----Done in good faith this can lead to greater understandings of both ourselves and other people.

[QUOTE=Shelly_Crossdresser]I have always found dressing makes me more relaxed,

Am I the only one

Shelly Love, you are not even close to being the only one.

Apart from loving the soft girly gear, the comfort and relaxation I feel from dressing en femme is the main reason I dress up.

Luvya

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Personally, I think the line between "escapist" and "feminine side" CDers is a lot blurrier than Marina seems to think.

Do I dress as an escape? Yes. Do I dress because I feel I've got a feminine side to me that I want to let out/nuture? Yes. (And just to be clear, I'm happy being a part-time girl and also enjoy being en homme.) If it was simply escapism, there's a lot other ways to do so without the social stigma associated with CDing. I'm sure many SOs would be far more accepting of us being Trek nerds (as long as we didn't put our phaser collection on display in the china cabinet. )

Cheerygal, I think Maylin Jane and Lisa have given a sense of what it feels like to keep part of yourself bottled up. But are we truly being "women" en femme? No. We're acting out our (idealized/fantasy?) version of what womanhood is. (After all we weren't raised as girls, so even those who consider themselves TS missed out on many of the experiences that shapes the feminine pysche.)

And in some sense, it may have more with escaping from the things we find burdensome about manhood than being truly female. It's telling to me that we refer to ourselves as girls not women. Women have children to care for and mortgages to pay, girls just wanna have fun. (The lesbian "bois" -- who dress and act like young guys -- are essentially the mirror image of this.)

In another thread, you mentioned also wanting to escape your hum-drum stressful life, and my response is that your SO should find a way to enable you to do so. It's only fair. I doubt you want to sit on the couch watching football and crushing beer cans on your forehead, but I'm sure he could take care of the kids for an evening and let you do something you enjoy.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com