Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG, I finally did it............I went out in daylight, IN PUBLIC!

OMG, I finally did it............I went out in daylight, IN PUBLIC!

I finally did it, out in daylight........in public............OMG..........I did'nt want anyone to see me, but, then again, I did! It was just out for a little drive, I had'nt planned it but, I could'nt help it, I had to stop at WalMart...............It was pretty quick, and I was'nt really dressed for it, (probably should have been dressed a little more conservative) but what a rush!!!!!!!!!! I can't hardly wait to do it again.............

Platinum Member
    Great. I admire your courage. I'm curious, tho, what did you wear?

Baby steps.

Baby steps.......yes! I was wearing a low cut knit top in beige, and a black mini skirt in heels.............I should'nt dress that way in public I suppose............(keep a low profile) but, that was what I had on.............so I did it! My brain was screaming........"don't look at me! Yes! Look at me!" at the same time............is that stupid????????????

exhilarating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesKathryn View Post
    My brain was screaming........"don't look at me! Yes! Look at me!" at the same time............is that stupid????????????
    Not stupid at all!! I want everyone, and I mean everyone, to know that I crossdress. At the same time, I only want my wife to be the one who knows. I have no idea why I want everyone to know. Perhaps because I've never gone out dressed in public. Maybe someday I'll know that exhilaration.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    There's no stopping you now!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Platinum Member
    Not stupid at all. It doesn't sound all that outlandis...I suppose that depends on how low cut and how short and how high the heels...I'll give you benefit of the doubt that they were suitable for shopping

I think its natural to be scared (don't look at me) and equally natural to want to be noticed when you feel and look good!

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar
    Congrads . . . Practice makes perfect, I better practice more myself, lol . . . as been said here before the more ya do it the better it gets !!!
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

Of all the places you had to pick Wallmart? Just kidding of course. Congratulations for taking a big step out- especially in high heels!!

So you were the cause of all that gasping I heard in the Walmart.

You should do it more often. The world doesn't come to an end or at least hasn't yet because you went in daylight. And you didn't sparkle or vaporize so it must be safe for you to go out again.
    Michelle

You just gave me courage! I never go out either. Wednesday I'm having a dress up day and want to meet my new cd friend for lunch. We have chatted and meet in drab. I want to surprise her tomorrow but only if it's ok with her of course as I will call first. If my friend is comfortable I am. My new friend I have meet here on the forum and now I am plucking up courage.
    Katheryn, you will be with me in spirit.

YAY Kathryn well done. You'll never look back.

I go out dressed now every weekend and the interesting thing is sometimes I wan't comments and to be looked at. In which case I will wear an ouftiy like you did. Other times I don't and will dress more conservatively.

So you are not alone in your thoughts.

Have fun, though that goes without saying and you will.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

OMG, indeed! I certainly hope we don't find you among the photos of the "People of Walmart" fame. If you are not familiar with the pix, Google it and stand by to be amazed at what people actually wear in public.

Seriously though, good luck with your future public outings, but remember to always dress age appropriate and as non-descript as possible, within the feminine confines of fashion sense.

Kathy

that's great, the frist time is the hardest, and each time after gets easier, and more fun.

Kathryn, you know life will never be the same again don't you, now that you have found your wings?

Getting out and about is wickedly addictive. I remember the exhilarating terror of my first time out, knowing that that first little venture would be the first of many. As Jenna says, it only gets easier and better every time.

All the best with your continued journey

Tash

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    Looking as good as your avatar the only stares would be admiration......

Its a first step, I hope that you take many more.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Thumbs up

Once you breathe the fresh air of freedom, there's no going back.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Cogratulations Kathryn, I did something similar one night, I'd never crossed that door before but I was all dressed up and no where to go as they say, when I suddenly said to my wife I wanted to go to the supermarket and walk aroung it an maybe buy something.
    We went down and she accompanied me in just in case I ran into trouble. We the thrill of passing people and stopping to look at products, I just could not believe what I was doing. Eventualy I headed to the check-out, smiled at the operator but said nothing and as I left she called me back as I had forgotten to collect my things, when I went back I atoumaticly said " Thank you " and she suddenly looked up with a puzzeled look on her face and I turned and left the store.
    The buzz for me was tremendous but sadly I have never plicked up the courage to do something like it again but do go for it girl, go for it.

LoL Joanne

well now you have gone out dressed in day light. OMG it is to late to change things now. so you might as well just keep doing it. Have fun really I mean it. have fun enjoy life.

Congrats! Baby steps are good. I thing you're on the right track when you said you were a little over dressed, since most women who frequent Wal Mart look like they just rolled out of bed! LOL

LOL......yes, "overdressed" for walmart for sure.............and I never thought about the camera thing..............oops. I love short skirts and low cut tops, but I also know I do need to dress down a little.(maybe more than a little) and maybe act more my age???????????????????? Gawd......it sucks getting old.................Thank you all .............youve been an inspiration to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesKathryn View Post
    I finally did it, out in daylight........in public............OMG..........I did'nt want anyone to see me, but, then again, I did! It was just out for a little drive, I had'nt planned it but, I could'nt help it, I had to stop at WalMart...............It was pretty quick, and I was'nt really dressed for it, (probably should have been dressed a little more conservative) but what a rush!!!!!!!!!! I can't hardly wait to do it again.............
    You know there's a website:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

that shows photos of "unusual" people seen in Walmart stores.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

way to go, it's kinda funny how we want to be noticed and don't want to be noticed all in the same breath.
    There are times too that I wish that everyone just knew about me and then I wouldn't have to feel like I'm sneeking around all of the time.