Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    Would buy 50,000 acres make it 100,000 acres of land near California or Montana and establish a nation of Trangentopia! In order to live there you would need a passport of course obtainable by doctors appointment, we would need to make sure it is transgender not some fanatic skinhead who wants to release us from the bond of evil( Montana, you know). We would have a FLAG probably half drab half lace. Our official language would be soft spoken. We would need some sort of government so for the parliament I see people like Eddie Izzard, Rupaul, Calpernia Addams and so on. In this nation life would go on just as it does here but no one, not a single one person would feel like they don't belong.
    Alexia for President 2012!!!! You have my vote girlfriend!
    [SIZE=3]~Sara~[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Right now the powerball is around $97 million, that would drop down to maybe $60 million as a cash payout. I don't know if I could live off that. I'll wait until it's up around twice that so I won't have to cut corners.

0 - try to remain a mystery winner, i don't want anyone I don't already know to be aware I've won
    1 - get a lawyer
    2 - get a financial planner
    3 - Set the money in several accounts to assure plenty of cash flow for the rest of my life, but no chance of being one of the horror stories about people who won the lottery and 2 years later they are broke again
    4 - set up the family and friends so they don't have to worry, if they don't do dumb stuff
    5 - okay, get some help in getting my girl on. physical trainer, makeup help, maybe the facial hair removal and other cosmetic stuff. I don't know if I'd actually do the FFS, but i'd be tempted
    6 - i'd like to begin making campagin donations to lots of politicians letting them all know there are a lot of TG folks out there who vote and need a little more respect
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

If I won the lottery is a fantasy we all have. Pay off my debts we all say. SRS, laser treatment, treatments, etc., we can speculate about. The important thing is that all those people whom we had to worry about before, would now be approaching us to get money. Now, they would not care how we dressed. They would have other interests--our money. Now, who truly should question their value system and standards?

get the power turned back on, and the dog out of the pound

I'd get my beard removed, as well as a lot of body hair. I'd get rid of my last tattoo. I'd have at least a nose job, and maybe FFS. And I'd spend thousands on new clothes, expensive upscale stuff. That would mean of course a walk-in closet. I'd need a new house.

Well only 2 numbers on last nights draw Plans put on hold until Wednesdays draw.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

My biggest fantasy is to win and think about what I'd do with the win-fall. First I would not tell my SO. I'd 'try" to hide it until I showed up at her door in a limo, tell her to pack a bag for herself and her 3 granddaughters since I have a chartered plane waiting for us at the airport. We'd fly back here to Florida and I'd take them all to our new home on the beach. I would also like to help a few close people in my life. I'd ask them to hand me all their debts, including the mortgage on their home so I can pay off all their debt and make them debt free.
    Then maybe start a classy lifestyle resort for all that live an alternate lifestyle. A place where all transgendered, dominants and submissives could come and enjoy themselves for a day or longer. All the staff would be transgendered and dressed in ever changing themes for the occasion... sort of like that old TV series Fantasy Island.
    Dreams and fantasies are fun... Now on my way to buy my lottery ticket.

Pay my debts
    Get another house
    Fix my teeth
    Shoes. Italian ones!!! Rooms of them!!!
    Laser hair removal
    Yes, I'd definitely dress more
    Did I mention shoes?

[SIZE="4"]Would definatly pay off all my debts ect, buy a house in the country side & have breast implants & buy all new wardrobe[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I like Nathalie's items. I would probably add one more. I would find a new place where the house isn't bigger, but the land is greater. One for a little privacy and two is my wife is an animal person and that includes horses.

After paying off all my bills, buying a home at the beach, home in the mountains, a Ferrari, a yacht, and spoiling my wife I would probably start a business of some sort that catered to crossdressers. Maybe a chain of clothing stores designed for crossdressers. I'm sure it would get alot of us out of the house!

Hmm, hard to say. I'd pay off uni fees, probably invest a fair amount of it into poker (my other vice besides crossdressing!). And then I'd use the rest and some dutch courage to go and buy whatever beautiful dresses etc took my fancy!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Your question was how would it effect my crossdressing? .... it would be huge! Assuming I'd won enough to be financially self sustaining, then due to not having to go to work, I'd probably become full time or at least almost full time. We don't owe much on the house and we only have minimum credit card dept so that would obviously disappear easily, then I think we'd probably get a bigger house with a big walk in closet and a whole load of new clothes for both me and my wife. I'd probably get us a couple of new cars too - just for fun - then probably go on vacation together quite often (en femme of course)
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have no debts, and I have enough to buy regular (non-designer) clothes pretty much at will now, but with long term retirement always a factor in my decisions.

Lottery win... if we are talking $10000 or $20000 then it would probably just end up being deposited in my bank account.

If it was like $1M, then I would also think seriously about moving "back home" -- but as houses are more expensive there and the interest rates are so low now that I'm not sure that it would be practical to retire on only $1M. Financially I'd be better staying on the job for another decade or so -- the pension would exceed the interest income.

My immediate family are good people, some of whom are stuck in hard circumstances not of their own making; I'd like to get them unstuck.

I've met a number of people whom I wish I could help out, hire somehow... but I don't have anything specific in mind.

At this time I don't have any particular desire to go for FFS or SRS. A boob job is not ruled out.

Now, if I somehow got Big Money, much more than enough to retire on... well, I have some ideas about a non-profit foundation, but the ideas are not TG related.

Easy: pay off student loan, buy house and car, travel overseas first and foremost - and give $26,999 to each of my family (one dollar over that and John Key takes his share). Then, liposuction and HRT. No SRS - I don't want to lose the reproductive ability.

Which reminds me - Wednesday is $7.5 million plus $2 million in non-cash prizes, and Saturday is $19 million,

i would do the same..hair removal, nip and tuck to have more fem look.

If I won a lottery...

I was chatting with a fellow the other day, and the conversation got around to winning a million dollar lottery.

As you are likely aware, with winnings of that magnitude, pictures are taken and published.

After a moments thought, I told him that I would likely invest in the nicest wig, best makeover, and a great wardrobe for this event. All this to make myself "unknown" in "real" life.

He actually thought that it would be a great way to remain "anonymous"!

The more I think about it, the more I wish I won the lottery. I know I would be very comfortable in front of the camera for this. (and the new look would likely stick around too).

What about you cross dressers? Would you present as the opposite sex to "mislead" the public?
    Last edited by az_azeel; 09-25-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: merged with an already open thread discussing this
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

1) Buy an apartment on the Gold Coast, Australia
    2) Have some holidays in the US
    3) Buy lots and lots of clothes (female)
    4) Spending time with a beautician to help me to have a more feminine look!

And I would help my cheerleader squad to buy uniforms and pompoms

I don't need multi millions; just enough to stop working, and move out of this hell hole, to somewhere tropical but secure, probably Hawaii. Then buy a small house, dress when I want, and finally stop worrying about what would happen if someone found out about me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Pay off debts first. Then a big house with huge closets for my wife and me to put all our new clothes in. lol

I see lots of talk about walk in closets. Why think so small? In my fantasy house, my Master/Mistress Bedroom Suite has a Sitting Room, Office/Study, 1/2 bath, unit kitchen, Bedroom big enough for doing Tai Chi or dancing, Full bath suite (with sunken tub, sauna, shower and a Kohler Environment chamber, if they still make them,) and a Clothing Room 2/3 big as the rest put together. (Has to have room for two wardrobes you know, three if you count my wife's.) After all, this is fantasy, right?

I would put a tall stone tower at one corner of my new house, crenelated like a medevil castle, just so I could climb up there and enjoy the view. My Entertainment/meditation center could go on the floor below.

And for my SO,a dedicated Parlour, a professional stainless steel kitchen (for the caterers) and a ballroom, so she can "have people over," like she talks about all the time. Maybe Diane could even attend some of her parties, once we are not dependant on anyone else's opinions of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Many people that win big on a lottery go bankrupt some years later because they over extend themselves, change their lifestyles and live above their means. A couple of decades ago I was in a similar situation with receiving a large inheritance. It was not on the scale of these mega-millions jackpots, but it was enough that I could have lived on it for years. Instead, between living above my means, trying to switch to a new trade (which resulted in no income from work in over a year and having to go back to my original work, head down, tail between my legs), and a divorce, it was all gone in just a few years.

Speaking from experience, here's what I would do:

I would try to remain anonymous, but that is in most cases not possible, as it's usually in the fine print on the back of the lottery tickets (or on the lottery web site) that you release your name and image to them for promotional purposes. So, that's a bit difficult to pull off. That said, get an attorney that is used to dealing with celebrities for identity protection. People will come out of the woodwork begging for money, and it will go on for a while, so figure out how to hide.

If possible, select the annual payout option, instead of the one big windfall option. You'll get far more money in the long run, and even the first payment should be plenty to live on. If you're older and don't think you'll live long enough to see it and enjoy it, then look at it this way - once you're finished with your Bucket List, why would you want to ruin all your heirs lives by showering them with money? They'll probably squander it anyway so putting it in an annual payout form will force them to budget better. Just make sure you spell out how the payments will be divided in your will.

Once you have a new identity, get a new non-published number cell phone and be very careful who gets the number.

Very carefully research where to buy a house or condo in a very affordable place. In other words, would I be able to afford the property taxes, maintenance and repairs on the income I have currently. I would then purchase that place and move in to it once it was ready. Buy the house using your new identity - very important!

Register to vote using your new identity - voter registration records are the easiest way to find people.

I would not quit my job if at all possible, even if the windfall was on the scale of these mega-millions jackpots. Instead, I might start looking for one with better hours or a better location, or better benefits. But I would be careful to switch only when everything was just right so as not to disrupt my cash flow or leave a big hole in my resume (gaps of unemployment longer than a year make getting a new job more difficult). But if there's too much pressure from beggars, quitting the current job just for privacy may be in order. Get a new one under your new identity, but it may have to be at an entry level job that you can hold for a year - once past the year most places don't ask for employment history that old, or don't verify it so you can keep your cover.

I would look at buying a very energy efficient car, most likely some form of hybrid or electric, in order to reduce my expenses. Again, register under your new ID.

I would gradually pay down my debts, but I would base the payoffs on each situation. I would run a credit report first to see where the derogatories are and pay those first in order to make other things go more smoothly in all the above steps that involve credit history checks. Some debts might be accruing interest, others may not, once put into collections. So take your time and focus on the other things first listed above, as they more deeply impact daily living and your privacy.

Regarding changing identity: My wife used to work in VIP services at a major corporation. She tells me most celebrities use this method of alternate ID for getting around without being noticed, so California law is written to accommodate that. Other states may also have similar in place, and the same goes for other countries. Some smaller states and some countries may not deal with it at all, so you might find it challenging to do the identity change where you are now.

Things to NOT do when you get a windfall:
    Quit your job.
    Take out any form of loan, even home loans.
    Spend above your means.

In summary, use your windfall to decrease expenses and put yourself into a position of being self-sufficient and secure financially. Once you are in that place, do all the fun stuff (I've loved reading about all the creative ways people would spend!) but only with cash.

Hugs,
    Ann

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    A fancy appartment, sports car and driving lessons, get laser hair removal, liposuction, breast forms, a whole wardrobe of clothes and shoes and new wigs. I'd be in heaven!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Carpenter View Post
    Things to NOT do when you get a windfall:
    Quit your job.
    Take out any form of loan, even home loans.
    Spend above your means.

In summary, use your windfall to decrease expenses and put yourself into a position of being self-sufficient and secure financially. Once you are in that place, do all the fun stuff (I've loved reading about all the creative ways people would spend!) but only with cash.

Hugs,
    Ann
    All very sound and practical advice, but misses the point of having Millions drop in your lap! You should be able to afford living la vide a loco! Paying off your debts and mortgauge wouldn't make much of a dent in decent sized jackpot payout!

I get the impression you don't like Money very much!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Jane View Post
    I get the impression you don't like Money very much!
    I'm not Ann, but I can say that I don't love money. When you have enough to meet your month-to-month needs and to splurge on things like $100 dresses without worrying about paying your debts, but not enough to retire on, then money becomes can become pretty abstract. If I'd gotten a financial adviser early on and had pushed for promotions and traded up jobs in other firms, sure I could have been materially "rich" -- but probably even less happy. I have enough to live according to my conscience, in public service work for the benefit of humanity, and to spend my spare time volunteering to help people. I wouldn't know what to do with a Jag if I had one.

For me, being "rich", having more than enough to retire on, would mean things like giving away handicap-equipped vans to service organizations, or investing in micro-loan ventures, or donating to scholorship funds, or commissioning a composer, or funding bright people to travel and help other people. Ways in which you can make the world a better place, not a more "more money is always good" place.