Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What would you do?

Gold Member
    Do people actually sit around and think about this shit?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The past is prologue

If you want to know what people would REALLY do in the event that our government became totalitarian, all you have to do is look at what people have done in the past when faced with the same situation. Very few will actively resist it and they will be easily crushed. Most will enthusiastically support it. The government will eventually crumble under it's own weight. The new regime that replaces it will forgive the crimes of the old in the name of national unity. The victims will be forgotten other than to use their memory to the advantage of the new regime. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Free to be Me
    Ive always been a bit of a counter culturalist rebel. They could never stop me from being sexy! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara74 View Post
    Then I think all of us girls should pitch in and buy a tropical island and set our own rules and live the way we want!
    Ya, now that would be soooo much fun and we would be
    so free giggles.

Pa

I am with Sara, although as soon as you have 10 people three of them want this, another four will want just the opposite and the rest will want nothing to do with the previous two groups. This subject of oppression of the masses is way too familiar to me. I grew up in the eastern European country under Russian occupation, communism was the rule of the law and any deviation from main stream was just non existent. Gays, lesbians, nobody even knew the term for Transgender, were criminals!
    If I would have told anyone I would jeopardize my own as well as my families survival. Communism wasn't the only culprit but simple, oppressed citizens would probably stone you cause you were the blasphemer, an ungodly evil spirit. I have no idea how I survived and coming to this country and seeing for the first time freedoms and plenty, I thought I for sure died and went to heaven. Regardless of how bad it gets, people of US will strike down wrongs eventually, as our history shows. Yes bad stuff happens but all the bad taken as a whole will never be what half of bad I have seen in my life abroad. I am proud to say I am American and Transgender, I suppose the usual is called for, an abbriev: TA........ Yes I am a TransAm :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    even with all the problems here in the United States of America, it would never happen..but if it did i would continue as now.
    just the gems socials would be a bit harder to have.
    i could see it happen in a smaller country that is already held prisoner by there government. you know with video cams all over the place to keep "the peace".
    no way out with out the government saying ok. like maybe on a island.

Never say never. You might be surprised at what can happen here if some people who are trying to get their way succeed.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I would move to another country.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Do people actually sit around and think about this shit?
    Not really. I just threw the question out there to see what kind of responses I would get. Many say they cannot go without CDing for long. For myself it makes no difference one way or the other, since what I do, I do by choice. Better to think about it now and resolve what to do though then wait to see if it happens.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Same thing I do every day ( stay in the closet ) ... Bad enough it's not socially accepted besides who cares about the Goverment?
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I am too far from the closet and would as much as I dislike the idea move to another country.
    SRS January 27

Any question of rights is necessarily political. It's when politics end that tyranny begins. I am very wary of people who seek high office, but condemn politics. To me that means they want to enforce their agenda without compromise or "interference" from the people, regardless of what they're wearing.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I think, socially speaking, we in North America, I am in Canada, are still moving forward and laws are continually being improved. The Gays and Lesbians have come a long way and still have a way to go but they are becoming common place. Which is excellent. The Transgender society, which includes crossdressers, are far behind the G & Ls but are moving forward regarding laws and coverage for transitional costs. There are more TG politicians than there ever were before. So where is the threat to this advancement coming from? Religious groups and Protection of the Family Unit groups, I can't think of any others at the moment. This is where the focus should be now.

Backers for anti-gay Oklahoma state Representative Sally Kern have called her transgender rival Brittany Novotny “a confused 'it,'” gay weekly the Dallas Voice reported.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx...=1&Category=26

Voting these types of thinkers out of office or not into office is a big step to the prevention of what this topic is about. So instead of wondering what you would do if it came to that think about what should be done about it now. I am not suggesting, however, that you vote for someone because they are gay, lesbian or transgender but do vote on the issues and beware of those close minded people.

Bonnie