Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

I would keep doing what I'm doing and fight for my right to do that! I would rain hell upon the persons who crafted the law!!!

Just My Humble Opinion!!

Rachelle...
    Bending Gender

Is there room in my purse for other protection? Well won't give up the lipstick and compact but would throw out the cellphonel

Eluuzion said: Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

"hide-n-seek" in the Real World...best "game" ever invented ! lol

Please share how to do that
    Last edited by Kathryn Martin; 09-20-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

If being me became illegal I would then be a criminal.
    the best I can do to prevent this is to make sure my vote goes to those who will not try to take my rights away.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I'd move to Canada. Which I'm actually already saving up money for depending on what direction this nation takes. Or maybe Canada will just pity us Americans if Palin is elected and we'll be able to apply for refugee status.
    Or I might move to Japan. I'm considering signing up for the JET program once I'm far enough into my schooling, and taking some classes while I am there. So that might be an easy way out if it happens.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Stop CDing, don't scare me like that...

That is an easy reply, Underground and at any Cost., but I do love Sara's idea of the Tropical Island.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Well, if that happened I too would revolt. And I would NEVER allow anyone to put me into a cattle car. I would do what I could to take down anyone trying to do that to me, clawing eyes out if the oportunity presented itself, and get shot like a dog in the street. An exotic big haired Goth dog, but a dog none-the less.

I would only hope that if such a law was made, that CDs would NOT continue to hide, but instead show their true numbers.

Because those that would hide, would do nothing for anyone.

That above quote from that clergyman is one EVERY student in schools should take to heart. Forget Shakespeare and such stuff. THAT quote should be drilled into every persons memory, cause it speaks the truth only a very few take to heart.

I would be right beside you.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    ...Believe me it's happened before and given human nature...
    It has happened before, but I think we're many steps from seeing it happen again. But we do have to be conscious in this age of the "national security state."

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Any member of the GLBT community (that would be all of us by the way) who doesn't have an escape plan and an eye on the door is only placing themselves in harms way. If the likes of Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh or their legion of doom get any sort of control, this place could devolve into a full-on Rwanda in about 2 weeks. Don't expect that the police will help you, in my experience there are only 2 distinctions between a modern day police officer and an SS officer: The SS had better uniforms, and they were not as well armed.

Everything that is of great importance to me can be put in my Mini cooper and driven across the Canadian border in under 8 hours time... and don't think that the fastest route, and the most careful route, and the most covert routes aren't burned into my retinas...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

The Canadian girls seem pretty worried, too. What's your second choice, Hope?

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Vive la résistance!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I've noticed that many on here say they get moody, grumpy or depressed when thay cannot dress for whatever reason. I wanted to see what some would say when faced with the possibility of a real challenge and to see how much it really means to them.
    It means plenty to me, but since I would be in the first round-up for the concentration camps, I don't think I would have much time to get moody.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by LALady View Post
    The Canadian girls seem pretty worried, too. What's your second choice, Hope?

Lallie
    Sweden. My grandfather immigrated FROM there and I still have some shirttail relatives there who would take in my wife and I in a pinch...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    1st. Something like that will never happen because it violates the constitution. But in answer to your question. I would take legal action. I'm in the closet to most people, but for a violation of my rights of that magnitude I would have to stand up and take action.
    I'm with you on this one, Alice! Sign me up!!

Renee,

I agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    ... Changing the Constitution is not all that hard, in America we call them amendments, and we have a lot of them ...
    It's actually rather difficult to amend the Canadian Constitution. The agreement of seven of the ten provincial governments representing 50% of the population (or something to that effect) is required. After Pierre Trudeau repatriated the British North America Act and added the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in 1981, a subsequent attempt in the late 1980s to amend the Constitution failed because the required consent was not obtained in a referendum. I'm not aware of any attempts to reopen the Constitution in the twenty-odd years since, and I'm inclined to think Canadians would not allow reasonable rights of freedom of expression to be taken away. The courts have already ruled a person's manner of dress is not a reasonable limitation, as long as his or her genitals are covered. A prosecution of a university student who bared her breasts during hot weather for comfort reasons failed because the courts struck down the law under which she was charged as unconstitutional.

Viva la revolucion...

I joined to Marine Corps to fight for this country and would not consider leaving for some unconstitutional bs imposed by TGphobic government weenies who think they know more about what is right for our citizens than the citizens themselves.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Schatten Lu:Dpus View Post
    I'd move to Canada. Which I'm actually already saving up money for depending on what direction this nation takes. Or maybe Canada will just pity us Americans if Palin is elected and we'll be able to apply for refugee status.
    Or I might move to Japan. I'm considering signing up for the JET program once I'm far enough into my schooling, and taking some classes while I am there. So that might be an easy way out if it happens.
    There's CD in Canada?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm glad I stay in the U.K. because I'm 100% sure theres more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament,especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party,be like Turkeys voting for Xmas

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    there's more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament, especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party, be like Turkeys voting for Xmasx
    Or like a gay Prisons minister voting for anti-gay amendments to the Equalities Act because his party told him to? Oh, sorry, that's what really happened
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

[QUOTE=t-girlxsophie;2272107]I'm glad I stay in the U.K. because I'm 100% sure theres more than a few Crossdressers in our Parliament,especially amongst the upper class twits of the Conservative Party,be like Turkeys voting for Xmas

:Why bring politics into an otherwise interesting thread. For your information there are gays and crossdressers in all political parties Cons-Labour- lib dems and Scottish nationlists. As to what I would do, well I did it openly when it was illegal with no problems and so if it became illegal again I would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    Eluuzion said: Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

"hide-n-seek" in the Real World...best "game" ever invented ! lol

Please share how to do that
    hey, a magician never reveals his secrets...

Way too complex to try and explain in a post. I started becoming "invisible" over 15 years ago. (back when people called me "paranoid" for suggesting the streets would soon be covered with surveillance cams...go figure, eh?). I now play "hide-n-seek" in the real world. (self-employed and "in the business")

It is virtually impossible to become completely invisible these days. Even starting back when I did, things are still quite difficult. Protecting your privacy really is a "full time job" if you do it properly. I could give you examples of what is really out there, but you would not believe me. I quit trying to point out those things a few years back, as it only results in people thinking I am nuts. (They are probably right about that with me on many levels...but not this one...hehehe.)

Anyway, if you want to start...start paying cash for everything...I mean everything. It is not easy, but possible. Then buy a copy of "How to be Invisible" by J.J. Luna. It will explain "ghost addresses" and other basics.

I see you but you don't C me...hehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I certainly would retreat to the back of the closet. There is no way I could stop dressing up. Once this gets under your skin it is there for life.
    Vive la difference

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    :Why bring politics into an otherwise interesting thread. For your information there are gays and crossdressers in all political parties Cons-Labour- lib dems and Scottish nationlists. As to what I would do, well I did it openly when it was illegal with no problems and so if it became illegal again I would do the same.[/QUOTE]

My post was just a flippant one,not meant to be taken serious,be pretty dense of me to believe CDers were only in one party,wouldn't trust any of them being alone with my wardrobe,no matter wat political persuasion LOL,To take a quote from Braveheart "scheming nest of vipers"
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Well there is really no way to know to what extreme I would really go unless I was ultimately faced with the decision. But I firmly believe I would rather stand up against it than let someone (govt or anyone else) tell me what I can and can't do. (Assuming I'm not hurting anyone, other than their feelings. I could care less if those are hurt. You can't please everyone no matter what you do.) I agree with many prior posts. They take away more freedom all the time. I'd have to draw a line at some point. Moving would be an option too though.