Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Partial Presentation

Thanks for your very lucid explanation, Rachel.

Renie,
    I hope I am on the right page ( I have never been in public dressed ),
    I think what is driving the urge for me here latley is the enfamous "Pink Fog" !! But I am not sure if that's it completley because I have been stuck in it for so long I can't even tell you what the difference is anymore.

I get dressed up, even apply make up ( something I just recently started to do ) and sit around secluded in my bedroom attached to my closet! The Mirror, being the trickster it is , ( and I look in it a lot being alone and bored) reveals an Image I have never seen before, a sometimes pretty female image appears..

I know that I have branched my hobby to get out, a need to be seen has emerged from that lil pain in the ass voice that causes all this in the back of my mind!! I look in the mirror , I tell myself " I can sorta pass if it's dark enough outside and didn't see anyone".. But common sense tells me that it's all a dumb Ideal..

I go through "Ego battles " with myself to step out that door and I just end up staying in my room kicking myself in the butt for not going out.. I have even went as far joining the "Meet Up Group " and chickened out of the first meet up..My biggest fear and prolly why I did chicken out is because I know I will like it and want to do it more often ..That means my desire will grow even more and that's not my goal..Think about that not wanting it to grow and meet new friends that dress and promote me going more public..

I don't know , It scares me to be honest and will change my whole life as I know it..

'
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I think Doc pointed out the fears...I can't imagine presenting in a manner that would:

out me
    put my family into the spotlight
    draw unnecessary attention to me
    jeopardize my safety
    stimulate criticism

Now at 6 feet, 200 lbs, and four inch heels, I do all of these things. My biggest fear is that people (all of them or any one of them) will say "Hey, look, there's a guy in a dress." and while I am looking around trying to find him, all eyes are on me. Why is it that one of my biggest fears doesn't keep me from being seen? Apparently I haven't paid for that therapy session yet...

For example, this last week in Oklahoma it has still been getting up into the 90s (mid-30s C), and I feel just fine in a loose fitting patio dress with the breezes blowing up and down my bod. In a few weeks it will be getting cool enough for polyester and pantyhose sliding over me making every movement a caress. I prefer the feel of "women's" fabrics, I definitely like the greater variety of colors, and I like the free and easy feeling I feel when I'm in them.

When the whole idea is comfort, I don't want to scrape my face with a razor and then put a bunch of sticky pasty makeup all over it, and a hot and prickly wig on my head. I can see why a lot of women don't like bras and high heels.

I'm for men's liberation, and don't feel succeeding in deceiving others into thinking I'm a woman is finding it. The people who support me and give me compliments usually do it because they like the unabashed honesty. I don't think that conforming to the other side of rigid gender roles is tearing them down, as I want.

I rather go full out when out in public. Sometimes I when running around our very small town, I will just wear my "girl" jeans, sneakers & socks. Most of the time with that I will will wear one of my "guy" t-shirts also. When daring I will apply very light make-up which is most of the time. No bra nor breats forms either. I keep my hair pulled in a high pony tail out of the back of my ball cap like alot of girls do.

I wear my hair like that when in guy mode at work and not a single word has been said. So, I guess it's not really a bad look on a guy. Who knows.

As soon as I am home I am full girl sans make up unless I am off that day.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

For most Transgender identity of female is deeply rooted in their psyche, when deprived of possibility of affirmation through visual stimuli, complex arises. Crossdressing involving image affirmation and feeling of assertion is the only way person can feel whole and reassured of place in realm of this world. Some crossdress for fetishistic reasons, those involve sexually charged feeling and do it for the purpose of arousal. For most TG though wearing feminine clothing fulfills the other part of self identity through outside stimuli, and is not purely sexual act but rather physical representation of their inner femininity.

Same here. I'm mostly just a bottom dresser for now. Wear wonderfully comfortable Woman's slacks or knit pants 99 percent of the time, An also enjoys my favorite silky underthings. I'm comfortably in touch with my fem side.

While I do enjoy "going all out" when going to the clubs or special occasions, I know I will never be seen as a beautiful woman. For me it is about being the every day woman. Women have more freedom to were whatever they choose and I have been read as female more often when I am not trying to impress.

Love,
    Robin