Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for full time CD's

Question for full time CD's

Let's say you are dressing full time and you are not TS. Something comes up like an urgent need to do home repairs. In this case painting. Do you dress in girl mode and risk getting paint on your clothes, wig etc. or slip back into male mode, do the work and then get girlie again. I want to jus throw on some boy stuff and get it done but that kinda feels like cheating. I want an honest answer of what you would do as opposed to your fantasy answer. So if you have really "been there" what did you do?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, I have to now publicly admit that when doing home repairs I crossdress as a guy! Heehee! No way I am going to let the handyman side of me ruin Dana's clothes!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Dana921 View Post
    Yes, I have to now publicly admit that when doing home repairs I crossdress as a guy! Heehee! No way I am going to let the handyman side of me ruin Dana's clothes!

Dana
    That was my thought as well. When clothes shopping it didn't occur to me to pick up "toolbelt diva" clothes. Also it's widy as hell here today and I never picked up a hat. Don't want to play chase Michelle's hair all afternoon either

I am trying to accumulate clothes for everyday and shop work. As my male jeans wear out I think i will replace some with womens.

Well this just happened to me today. I had to repaint the closet interior so I decided to wear my beat up male clothes I keep aside for the dirty jobs around the place.
    Funny thing was when I had already started I noticed my open sandals with my black nailpolish and toerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacing Hills View Post
    Well this just happened to me today. I had to repaint the closet interior so I decided to wear my beat up male clothes I keep aside for the dirty jobs around the place.
    Funny thing was when I had already started I noticed my open sandals with my black nailpolish and toerings.
    What about forms? did you underdress?

It always amazes me that when people say "I dress 24/7" they think or mean they are like June Cleaver or Donna Reed and always wear dresses no matter what. Logically there is a reason women wear slacks and loose shirts and other "male" type clothing in everyday life. Never say never but the majority of women when they get down and dirty doing jobs that require making a mess will wear clothing that they can get dirty in. Mucking a stall? You don't wear a mini skirt. Painting the barn? You wear clothes you can get stained. Changing oil? Hard to keep your knees together and slide under the car.

Even when it comes to make up they often wear the minimum when doing these things. Maybe no foundation...that gets hot and melts or itches. Maybe some gloss over red lipstick. Mascara but no liner or shadow.

So to answer the question, let's assume someone is 24/7 and doesn't plan transitioning (there are a lot here who fit that) why would it be crossdressing to wear slacks and a T-shirt to do the chore? Even if you wear men's jeans, it is the same as most GG's doing that job. You are still who you are. Logic and comfort win. Put your hair in a pony tail, put on an old ball cap, throw on a T-shirt (and if you need support wear that bra) there is no need to change to boxers...they aren't going to help the chore get done, but why not wear Levi's 501's? Lots of women do. Heels probably not a bright idea but athletic shoes....

Wear what makes you feel comfortable (that is after all the common answer we give when asked "why?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I've actually done both. Ive dressed down to my lowest girl clothes to do some cleaner mechanical work. And Ive crossdressed back to male for dirtier ones. So it depends. Im getting a fair collection of womens' Ts that dont cost much and wouldnt care if they were destroyed.

Lorileah beat me to it, and said it much better... what she said!
    Last edited by Eve_WA; 09-24-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Lorileah comment

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    Full time CD but not TS?

I regard myself as a pre-op TGirl/woman with a gender issue so maybe this wasn't addressed to someone in my position. But, I have some of my old guy clothes around specifically for dirty work (which I still do) such as mowing or other typically "macho" pastimes. I share a house with a GG and it's easier for me to do some of the jobs required simply because I have the experience - not necessarily because of gender sterotypes. Hormones and treatment have robbed me of some of the strength I used to take for granted, so some jobs have required me to learn a different approach. I haven't quite mastered the art of "persuading" some knight in shining armour to do the work for me though.

I don't put on makeup to do "dirty" jobs. That would be silly. I don't remove my wig. I have my own hair which I tie back. Shoes are the ones safe for the job - pink joggers LOL. And, if I am lucky, I won't break a nail either. Which are my own home grown variety. My own breasts are still not big enough (in my mind) so I still use forms, but I consider the investment too big to be running the risk of damaging them while doing menial tasks.

I am a little perplexed by the term "full time CD"? Please excuse my confusion. Is that a person who presents as a woman 24/7 but is still happy with their "male" bits? It never ceases to amaze me how many variants there are to this whole gender identity situation.
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

are you kidding? Carrie has work clothes to shirts that Ive spilled stuff on and the same with a couple of skirts so I can paint or do plumbing or anything I want even work on the damn car
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

The costume I wear for a construction or building repair job for money starts with a pair of denim pants, with no fly or rear pockets and an elastic band at the waist, found in the ladies department. If it's really hot I will go descamisado, if the sun is fierce or it's a little cooler I have on a shirt intended by the manufacturer to go with a coat and tie, purchased at the Salvation Army or a similar store. (I can open or close the cowl flaps by buttoning or unbuttoning the shirt.) If it's even cooler I put on a cotton tee shirt (usually unisex but not if it's pink or mint green or fuschia, which mine often is). If it passes from cool to cold I will add a fleece cardigan, natural cotton grey. If it's really cold its a lined nylon jacket (the current colors are teal, fuschia, and navy), and I will put on some Cuddl-Duds under the pants. The shoes are Dr. Scholl's from the men's side of Wal-Mart, plain black with velcro closures. On the head is a big brimmed golf hat if I'm out in the sun, a knit stocking cap if it's cold. but most of the time bare and bald headed.

This is the closest I ever get to drab.

Let's see. What do GG's do? They put on jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. Why wouldn't CD's?

On the other hand, if you're painting you would be able to reach higher when wearing high heels.

Gold Member
    I am with Lori and Nicole. I have shorts, T-Shirts, old Capris, etc. Just designate some older woman's clothing just like you do/did with men's clothes and go for it. The GGs don't go right to the men's clothes when they have something to do (well, maybe sometimes). I am about to get some chores done (if I get off of here ) and I am actually changing from guy mode to do it (been out doing things I needed to be in guy mode for).

I have girl work clothes that I would use for such tasks
    Michelle

UPDATE.
    The good news:
    I switched into male mode and took care of business

The bad news:
    by the time I got done the pink fog had lifted and now I am stuck in male mode. I took off my nail polish and went back in drab.
    I really wanted to continue being dressed for as long or as far as this journey would take me. Funny how the mind works. Yesterday i was a happy woman and now...

How do I get back to that place????

click your heels three times and say there is no place like home? trust me you will get back before you know it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I am dressed most of the time I am home...which is alot, since I'm self employed. I have a couple pairs of male shorts which I just cut the bottom out of and made them skirts. They still look like shorts from a distance (neighbors), and I always wear sunglasses (hides the eye make-up).

I had a glass studio for years (retail/wholesale) and always wore shop aprons. I do the same now in my home studio (always doing art projects and covert spy stuff). It is like wearing a dress that is open in back...like a hospital gown, lol..

Ok ok, yes sometimes that is all I wear...there, I said it...and I am not takin' it back...hehehe. So that is the normal drill when I am "fixing" stuff...which is all the time!

Neighbors are used to seeing me on the roof installing cameras, in the yard wearing a camoflauge mosquito suit killing bugs...I am just the neighbor hood eccentric nobody cares....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    click your heels three times and say there is no place like home? trust me you will get back before you know it
    Now if I only had some ruby slippers! i think i could do pigtails, and makeup. Wait! Slippers and pigtails and makeup! Oh My! LOL Why is my room turning pink? BTW Glenda was hot.

Silver Member
    Women fix things. Women work. Women are people just like you. SOMETIMES women even get their clothes dirty. OMG, imagine that! You need work clothes, and normal clothes, and dressy clothes. Geez, is this a weird concept or something?

Stephie

I do all home repairs enfemme. I dont paint or do yard work in a dress, though it might be fun.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Chores around the house is a great opportunity to get some fem time in so I the right clothes for the job.

Odviously a wig and paint don't mix but, one must take advantage of any givin opportunity.

Girl things all the time & to keep my hair clean a scarf. easy enough isn't it????

If I were FT.... I'd rather do home repair naked than slip back into male mode or wear womens jeans... Probably exactually what June Clever did when she had to do home repair (after the cameras were turned off) and while Ward was out golfing..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Are you not supposed to deligate the dirty work when you are enfem? If not, you need a feminine getup... ponytail, light makeup, cute coveralls... baseball cap....gloves.
    Chickie

I'm not FT, but do as much as I can femme. That said, I have no prob slipping out of a skirt to dress for the task at hand -- but there are not many chores I can't do in my old knock-about denim mini. I am NOT, however, gonna get paint on my new (and pricey) Eva wig! :-)