Thread: Road Trip Fun 2

Road Trip Fun 2

Well girls,

Dressed with my 11 inch skirt, wig, makeup. Got into a 3 hour traffic jam on I 70 from the Indiana border to Indianapolis. Stop and go. Thousands of trucks and cars. I just smiled and kept on driving. Pretty thrilling since I will never see another one of them again. Makeup was pretty well shot by the time I got to Indii.

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar
    I love it when the truckers "honk", I always pass them real slow when in a short skirt, My CD GF is a little shy. When she is with me, and I do that, she gets embarrased lol, But I'm like you oh-well . . . Glad you enjoyed your trip . . . . Girl !!

Marcie
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

Pretty much the ultimate high. I had cute Capri's on in Kansas but pretty barren.

Road trips are the best. You get to be you and see some interesting and boring scenery at the same time
    Michelle

I used to love driving across Kansas or Nebraska in the middle of the night listening to Garrison Keillor & Prairie Home Companion / Lake Wobegon on AM radio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living in New Zealand, it is hard to pick one beautiful drive. But my personal favourite (because I travel it at least once a year) is State Highway 1 between Taupo and Vinegar Hill (SH 54 turnoff) - 182 km/113 mi and 2.5 hours non-stop on 2/3 lane undivided roads.

Leaving Taupo township, you have the the country's largest lake Lake Taupo on your right for the 50km/30mi to Turangi, and then 15km through pine forests to the Desert Road and the Tongariro National Park, which is all shrubs and grasses with beautiful views of the three volcanoes: Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro. 50km and $120 later ("Ma'am, I know the Desert Road is long and straight and it makes you want to put your foot down, but that is no excuse for doing 117km/h in a 100km/h zone!"), its the army camp town of Waiouru. Just a quick 30km/20mi trip over rolling hills to Taihape, and then you can stop to go to the toilet (and grab a coffee at the BP they have there). South of Taihape, the road follows the Rangitikei river that carves a deep gorge through the area, and creates some unique bridges and viaducts - south of Ohangaiti is the Makohine railway viaduct, which stands beside the road 73m/240ft high, and looks like it was made of giant Meccano. Vinegar Hill is 40km south of Taihape, and this is the SH 54 turnoff and the end of my favourite drive.

Unfortunately, Taupo radio stations fizzle out as you get onto the Desert Road, and Palmerston North stations can only start to be picked up south of Ohangaiti, so it's pretty much CDs or iPod most of the way. (unless you want to listen to Radio NZ National or Newstalk ZB on AM radio - I prefer music stations: ZM, The Edge, Classic Hits, More FM)
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.