Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you do the first time you went out in femme?

my frist outing shopping was late at night at wall mart, I was scared to death, but made it with no problems. after that it was much easier. no one really cares.

Antique shopping with my SO.
    Really nervous, but really fun.
    No closet is big enough!

Like most others went for a drive. After that and the walks I went out to a local gay/lesbian bar here in Detroit. I was grateful for the welcome I got from some of the ladies. One I still run into at the clubs. This was over 14 years ago.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Crums that's brought back a few old memories. Fully dressed was about 32 years ago I think, dressed in my sisters blue summer dress. Took a strole accross the west Lancashire Golf Club.

As with most other girls, went for a drive. That drive made me want to learn to be good enough with make-up to be able to get out of the car. I found help at a local transformation studio, which sort of launched me into the pink fog. My real outing was to a local trans friendly bar for an evening I will never forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

[SIZE="3"]My first time out fully dressed, I went wig shopping. I dressed up, did my make up, and tried to fem up my male hair. Drove to the wig salon and bought a nice wig. Then I headed to Target for some more shopping. I spent way to much that day, but I had a great time.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    It seems that most cd s try going for a drive the first time.
    [SIZE="3"]YEP ... that was me ... went for a drive fully decked out.
    I was sure everyone was eye-balling me every time we stopped ... not!!
    What a rush it was ... still harken back to that night.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

I went for a drive to a place where a deserted dead end road ended in a largish circle of pavement where I got out of my car and practiced walking in my clunky high heels.
    its to bad that that section of road became a housing development but for a while it was a place for me to go out and walk more than ten steps in heels.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

the happy camper
    Well, there was Halloween when I was 10 yrs old. For going out as an adult, we'd have to flash forward 36 yrs to last year's RHPS party, and me as Frankenfurter--if that counts as en femme. A couple of months after, I went out for Halloween as a Twilight fangirl. Which gives me a grand total of three times.

Just over a year ago I stepped out the house in a nice wool Ann Taylor skirtsuit and walked to the subway and went where else-
    to the Ann Taylor store on Walnut St!

It's a day I'll never forget.

All the Best,
    Ann / SS

First time I went with a group of girlfriends to the mall, they made me up there and put me in a skirt (it was planned ahead of time) it was awesome, I was 12.

My first time was in Montreal with CD friends more experienced than I. Got a room which the girls found difficult to find. But, they made it, and we dressed together. Took a few photos that I no longer have.... I looked awful by my current standards. Then, we got in cars and drove downtown, parking a few blocks from Chez Cleopatre, the tranny bar we were going to. Had to walk across St. Catherine's St, a busy pedestrian area, where some ggs pegged us immediately. By the time we got to the club, my head was splitting open with a stress headache. Relaxed inside, and had a great time. Met some new people. Got to know my friends better. Danced a lot, and really enjoyed being me. Unfortunately, it was quite some time before I did it again. Now, I get out as much as I can... which is frequently but never enough.

ad omnis par
    My first time was when I was 15. I had a matching top and skirt. All I did was go outside my house at night, and I mean like midnight. In the middle of the country. No one around for miles, and I was scared s**tless!
    Now, when I came out to everyone, I walked right into my workplace (a theatre at the time) in a skirt and flats. I couldn't even hold a cup of coffee I was shaking so bad!
    ad omnis par
    Toni

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

A long time ago, I went with a friend to Montreal. We walked down town some where where a "hooker??" started screaming "its a man" - needless to say I was mortified but realized I had a lot of work to do to blend in. By the way the week end was marvelous other than that.

Drove around and went to about four different ATMs, including in a Seven-Eleven to check the balance on my account.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

My first time was in 1981 when my wife and I attended the first meeting of the Tri-Ess chapter in Houston.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

My first time, I was about 18. I went to a large store that sell everything from groceries cloths. I searched the woman clothing area, but to scared to try anything on. I did find something to buy as I wanted to interact with a cashier. Everything went well. On the way home, I stopped at McDonalds. I went inside to order, but got my food to go. I went to the car, started the car, and it was louder than it was. My muffler broke, and was laying on the ground. There I was, standing there in a dress, looking at my car, wondering what to do. I couldn't call anyone, and I didn't want to climb under the car in a dress. Then a male employee from McDonalds came out and helped me. He tied up the muffler for me so I could make it home. Then he said to have some one check it out when I got home. I said thank you, and he said you are welcome ma'am. Made my day. All in all it was a good day. Now I am 47 and dress about once a month with my SO, and we have gone to museums, movies, shopping, dinner, what ever we want to do. She knows when we move in together my cloths are coming with me.

My first time was last year at Halloween =) I felt SO GOOD and did not feel out of place at all, It just felt right you know? the best part of that day was i met my Girlfriend on that day, it's like the world telling me to dress up more and good things will happen LOL.

Gold Member
    year was like 1997. IIRC, my first-ever night out was to a gay club. I walked in dressed in a black tee, black skirt, with a gold belt. Everyone looked to see the purdy TG girl
    First time out in daylight dressed was to some grocery store.
    No one really gave me any crap or probably even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    My first time was in 1981 when my wife and I attended the first meeting of the Tri-Ess chapter in Houston.
    1981. I think that was the year I got my first "big kid" bicycle. 16 inch wheels. Black and orange and had trim to look like a motorcycle. I thought I was bad-ass.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Back in high school, 1964, my girl friend talked me into getting dressed as a girl and going to the drive in movie. She and I were about the same size and her mother had a wig I could use. Need less to say, her folks were at the cottage for the weekend. I called home and told my folks that I was invited to stay the night at the "cottage", so we spent the night together in town. She even let me borrow one of her pretty nighties. That was the first of many times out in public.

Junior Member Princess_of_Hckloins's Avatar
    First time in public (other than Halloween) was going to a wig shop afterhours and having a blouse and slacks under my sweats (it was fall) getting fitted for my first real wig. I drove home en femme w/o makeup since I had to be at work 2 hrs later (graveyard shift).
    [SIZE="3"]Haley[/SIZE]

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Let's see, my first time I was driving to lower Northern Michigan from Detroit in a snowstorm fully dressed but not to good. My makeup job was really bad and I still find that a difficult thing to do. I stopped at the McDonald's in West Branch and the teenagers who waited on me there did not even notice me. Later, I pulled off the road into a rest area around Gaylord or Grayling to use the facilities. I waited until I was totally alone in the rest area and then walked into the Men's restroom after much debate about which rest room to use. There I was standing at the urinals doing my business - wig on, stockings, stiletto 4 inch heeled boots and a very short mini skirt. All of a sudden I hear voices, three or four rednecks where standing behind me laughing and making fun of me. I turned around and just said "When you got to go, you gotta go." After that I got my heels a clicking as fast as I could. I made it back to my car, locked the doors, checked to see if my cell phone was handy if I needed it and got the heck out of there as fast as I could.
    I was scared to begin with but that scared me to death.

My first time was when I was in the Marine Corps and my first wife and I drove to a 7/11 where I stayed in the car. I was sure all the Marines going in and out of the store were staring at me and knew who I was even though I didn't recognize any of them...

The first time out of the car was when I was 23 and my first wife and I went to a auto mall in Cerritos, CA after it was closed and walked around the new cars. The fear of being stopped and talked to was enormous.

...darted to the mailbox and raced back to the house.

Summer of 1965....I was 12 and a half years old, went out with Mom to buy shoes for the first time. Up to that moment, I had fit fine in Mom's clothes and my sisters' shoes but eventually, my feet outgrew both Mom's and my sisters shoes so off to Sears and Burdines we went. It was not my first time out en femme as I had been out in pre-teen clothing, but it was my first time out in grown-up womens clothing: padded panty, open-bottom girdle, long-line bra, stockings and a nice summer dress, wig, light summer/day makeup......my first time out as a woman. Fantastic....