Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It appears the majority of members are over 40. Why is that do you think?

For me, probably because I just turned 40 last month, so now I'm over 40

Banned Read only
    Oh, no one ever told you? At 41 men automatically turn into women.

I am 29 and I have certainly become more comfortable with dressing since I got past my teens. Right now I'm in a place where I'm even considering telling close friends. Add 10 years to that and I can see me being out or posting in the transgendered section of this board!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Because the younger generations do it different

Younger people go on different forums, use different words and terms for everything and go about things in a completely different way. That's why. There pretty much are traps and girls who fully transition, and that's it. The term 'crossdressing' really doesn't come into the mix. Just like a lot of people are into dressing in clothing that was around before most of us were born, a lot of things are dated here. I really don't mean to be insulting, but it's just a generational thing. I only get it because I'm inbetween both of them...

Gold Member
    Unless I missed one, the responses seem to be generally from those that felt this way young and repressed it.

Another take then. I didn't start until about 44. So was it testosterone changes? Did I just not hit my trigger event until that age (like many say, they tried on a bra or something else and then they couldn't stop)? It is hard to say. Let's see, possibly testosterone change; had some stress then; and that was the point where only one child was left in the house and she was pretty scarce as a teenager. Could be any or all.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    The only proper answer to the question asked is that we all had BIRTHDAYS!!! I started CD'ing somewhere between age 6 and 7. Except for 4 years of military service I have been doing it ever since! BTW, I am 78!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    I am 29 and I have certainly become more comfortable with dressing since I got past my teens.
    I recently celebrated my 29th birthday for the 16th time...I still haven't got "comfortable" with my dressing. I have to admit the sense of community when for many years I thought I was alone makes a difference to me. I agree that many of us were stigmatized by society a lot more so than today's younger CDers. Not that the world has turned so to speak but kids are more open to each other's differences than they were when we were younger.

I think, over 40 you don't care anymore if somebody learns you are a TV.

Here is another twist I have been curious about with the ""40 + crowd'...

How many of us escalated our CD focus after the death of one or both of our parents? That seems to have potential as a contributing factor for some of us. If nothing else, it has potential for being another "excuse" we can use to blame our CD behavior on something other than ourselves...lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ive been this way my whole life and my folks are still alive and well . I think this just is the true me! I do beleive with some maturity my sense of self has been given some lattitude. I have seldom worried what others think about me and love to make them do a double take. My presentation has shifted tremendously over the years. This has happened as I have accepted my true self. LOL

What Happened To Me??????
    I agree, not all of us were blessed with movie star looks as a man. We watch TV and look at all the great looking chicks. It's our turn, at least to fantisize, and look great. However my mirror is my worst enemy! LOL

Daniel

I think as we become older, we are more accepting of ourselves and ready to seek out those that share something we kept hidden and secret for so long. Besides, we went through most of our livers without the benefit of the Internet and the education, knowledge and sharing that those in their twenties had from day one to find out more about themselves.

Being 21 and having told several friends over that past couple months, I think cd's my age don't have a lot of support around them or are to nervous to tell people because they don't want to become an outcast. At around my age so many people are concerned with how people will look at them and if they don't like it rumors can spread very fast and you can become an outcast. I came out to my roommates who are like my family and all has been well. It's getting over the fact that people might judge you, and realizing that peoples opinions shouldn't matter. Being yourself is much better than pretending to be someone your not. I realized this and now I'm happier than ever.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Here is another twist I have been curious about with the ""40 + crowd'...

How many of us escalated our CD focus after the death of one or both of our parents? That seems to have potential as a contributing factor for some of us. If nothing else, it has potential for being another "excuse" we can use to blame our CD behavior on something other than ourselves...lol.
    I lost both my parents when I was quite young, and was raised by an aunt and uncle. The only escalation of my CD'ing that occurred was buying more femme clothes when I had more money!! That is natural for girls, isn't it?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Remarkably correct!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbiU View Post
    My initial reaction is that

a) By the time someone is 40, they've come to accept who they are, and that cross dressing is in fact a part of them. At least that's part of my case, I would have never wanted to be known as a "crossdresser" up until a few years ago, even though I've had a desire for some female lingerie since my teens

b) As we get older, I also think we're more open to seeking out advice from others, and sharing our experiences with others. We've accepted who we are, and are now looking to build and developer that part of our personality rather then being ashamed of it, and hiding it.

Exactly---most of us deny our femme self until we reach a certain age---I always knew I was a cd/tg but didn't really do anything about it or express it outside the closet until I was in My 40s
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]