Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which are the signature feminine gestures?

Which are the signature feminine gestures?

[SIZE="4"]I know we shouldn't stereotype women but there are movements and gestures that are uniquely feminine and which women do on a day to day basis. I would like to start a list of these gestures and movements as I can't find it on this forum after searching.

1. Eyes roll upwards when thinking
    2. Only roll the eyes without turning the head when wanting to look at somebody
    3. Smile by showing all the teeth
    4. Point at something with index finger flexed and turned upwards
    5. Crossing legs at the thigh level when seated

Please add to the list
    [/SIZE]

Smoothing the back of skirt or dress when sitting

Love GinaX
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Covering your mouth when chewing or giggling.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I don't really think that the eyeroll upwards is necessarily a feminine gesture. I heard in psych class that people usually do this when they are unsure of an answer for something and are processing information. Unconsciously they roll the eyes upwards (usually to the left), almost like they are waiting for the information to get sent and processed. I don't really know all of the truth to this statement, because I don't see how you could really test for it. But, that's what dem psychologists are sayin'.

But, to add to the list. Women tend to check their nails by holding their finger straight out in front of them, whereas men tend to curl the fingertips toward themselves.

When bending over, we are always taught that it is "lady-like" to cover your chest. Even if I am not wearing a low-cut top, I still put my hand to my chest as I bend over without really thinking about it.

Also, bend your knees and squat down as you bend over to pick something up.

Sorority girls are taught not to cross your legs at your thigh. Only hookers do that. We keep our legs together and cross our heels, placing the hands in the lap. If you get tired in this position, you can lean your legs slightly to one side.

Also, you will notice a difference between two men having a conversation and two women. Two women in conversation will usually have their knees pointing towards the other, and there will be more gesturing than in a male conversation. Also, Idk if this is a southern thing, but we tend to touch each other's forearm when we are making a point.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

the happy camper
    Tilting her head and shaking her hair a little to be able to get the phone next to her ear.
    Sliding her finger along the bottom edge of panties/bathing suit/leotard to unbunch it.
    Holding the backs of her arms or elbows when she crosses them, rather than tucking them under her biceps.
    Gesturing with just her hands while she talks, rather than moving her arms too.
    Touching other people lightly on the arm or shoulder when she speaks to them.
    Moving her hips when she walks. <===== Essential. I haven't mastered this one yet.

Crossing legs at the ankle level and kneeling down to pick something up (instead of bending at the waist).

hugs - maggie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maggie
    Let Yourself Be Free
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ginax View Post
    Smoothing the back of skirt or dress when sitting
    Yeah!!! I've noticed that guys definitely don't smooth their lbd's when sitting!!

Smiling.... Hugging... Nagging... Shopping....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thx, these tips will make "us" look better in public

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Sorority girls are taught not to cross your legs at your thigh. Only hookers do that.
    Wow, talk about stereotypes- of course, there was a time if you had "painted" lips, you were taken as a prostitute ( & theatre work was considered the den of wh*res ). Thankfully we live in the 21st. Century when women no longer buy into that controlling stuff.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

When striking a match from a box or book of matches, men tend to strike it towards their body, women away from their body.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    Covering your mouth when chewing or giggling.
    [SIZE="2"]How about covering your mouth when you’re surprised or astonished? Men never do that. [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    A female looks at her finger nails with the hand palm down, and the fingers fully extended.

A male wiil look at his finger nails with his hand palm up, and the fingers cupped.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tima View Post
    [SIZE="2"]How about covering your mouth when you’re surprised or astonished? Men never do that. [/SIZE]
    That's a good one! ... I don't know any men who do this but I know a lot of women that do
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Anyone else reading these thinking "Wow, I'm totally busted"

I know that this not a gesture, rather genetics, but it seems that more women than men have double jointed thumbs, or atleast thumbs that are capable of bending further back towards the wrist than men's. I know, it's a weird one but notice a woman's thumb when she makes a shooting gesture, index finger outstretched and thumb back. Also, when a woman drives, look at her thumbs on the steering wheel.

Ladies tend to play with their hair, if they are feeling good talking to a guy.

I could probably list pages of various gesture related “signs”, expressions and such. Most “gestures” present in “clusters” rather than in isolation and as I have stated before, are circumstantially influenced. “Listing things” always incites those with the propensity for finding faults for “objection and arguments sake”, to action. So I will preface all of the following with a …

disclaimer…”nothing here is a claim of “absolute validity” in any case, or offered with any interest or intention of “defending” anything. Believe or dismiss whatever makes you happy, I’m just flipping a few coins into the fountain for fun, not looking for a battle of “right and wrong”, lol. Whatever you feel compelled to argue about…just assume I agree you are “right”, ok? There, all better… hehehe

Here are a few “cues” and “signals” tossed out in no particular order. Many are probably geared toward sexual attraction cues…I tend to naturally drift my attention more to those areas…lol

They talk softer.
    Women will talk more about feelings, relationships and people.
    In women's stories, they are more often the victims. (men make themselves heroes)
    They will listen carefully and attentively for a long period without interrupting.
    Women look at fingernails with outstretched hand, fingers together and pointing up.
    Smile more with the eyes than with the mouth.
    Hold head more erect and tilted.
    Women smile far more than men in both social and business situations.
    Women are four times more likely to touch another woman than a man is to touch another man. (touching on the hand, arm, shoulder, hugging, etc.)
    Women stand slightly closer to one another, face each other more, and often touch.
    Women who want to draw attention to themselves put their hands on their hips combined with a pelvic tilt.
    May also put just one hand on the hip and gesture with the other.
    They center their weight on the back leg and extend the other out in front.
    Women are four times more likely to mirror another woman (copy her gestures or body posture).. Women also mirror men’s body language .
    In stressful situations, women may cross one arm across the body to hold or touch the other arm as if she is hugging herself.
    Anxious or self-conscious women use their handbags or purses to cross their arms in front of her body.
    Shy and timid women will cross their legs and then wrap the foot of the top leg around behind the other so her legs are entwined.
    Women laugh at men they’re attracted to, his jokes or comments.
    Women tend to keep their arms more open when they are around men they find attractive.
    (And are likely to fold their arms across their breasts around aggressive or unattractive men.)
    A woman will place one hand on top of the other and rest her face upon it, presenting her face to a man to attract his attention and for him to admire it
    Head toss and hair flick backed over the shoulders or away from the face
    Wet lips and pouting mouth, slightly open
    Self-touching, like stroking thigh, neck or throat
    Limp wrist as submission signal
    Fondles a cylindrical object, like a pen, pencil, lipstick case, etc.
    Exposes wrists.
    Flicks or toys with an object.
    Sideways glance over raised shoulder.
    Rolls hips when she walks.
    Pelvic tilt – emphasizes waist to hip ratio (a waist that is 70% of the hip size is most attractive to men)
    Places handbag in close proximity to the man – if she likes him.
    Knee point – one leg tucked under the other and pointing to the person she finds most interesting.
    Shoe fondle – dangling the shoe on the end of the foot and thrusts foot in and out of it
    Leg twine – one leg crossed over the other and pressed against it
    Constantly cross and uncross her legs when she’s with a man she likes.
    When women smoke they will often hold the cigarette high with their wrist bent.
    They don’t hold the smoke in their lungs as long as men. (Their lungs are smaller).
    Will get up and move across room, then return & sit again (attract guys attention).
    Mouth words to music and sway head to music when looking at attractive guy.
    Lick their lips a lot.
    “Bite down” on lower lip with top teeth slightly exposed.
    Glance at a guy they like, then look away, then look again.
    “Solitary dance”- in a bar, etc., will get up, move away from group and move to the music to attract attention and separate themselves (as display to be singled out and noticed)
    Laugh a lot more than the others in the group in response to a guy she likes.
    Will lightly touch a person she likes when given the opportunity.
    Will stroke her hair frequently while looking at a guy she finds attractive.
    This also exposes her neck to the guy. (submission gesture).
    Will cross legs with the top leg facing the person she likes (“closing them in”).
    Take advantage of any reflection to check out their appearance (in a window, mirror).
    Will erect/straighten up posture upon standing, extend chest, tighten stomach,
    place one hand on upper stomach and lightly “brush” clothes “downward” with other hand.

Oh, and women tend to sit very still and glance toward an attractive male when the bar tab comes, lol.

We did another thread on this somewhere...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eluuzion's list is most comprehensive.

I just wonder if we can add more to this list.

I also want to learn from youtube videos that deals with these feminine deportment and gestures. There are very few out there.
    I found Shimai / Sharonne to be very feminine and exhibits all the right moves over the short time of the clip.

Let's put up some more clips that would allow us to emulate and move around in a feminine style. Cheers !

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    When yawning ladies always cover their mouths and men don't,only goes to show that women have better etiquette than men

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Crossing my legs and "tucking in" if I'm wearing a skirt or a dress.

So why is it females do these things differently than males? I wouldn't think it's genetic so it must be from observing other females while growing up. If a female was raised in an all male environment would she act like a male? If a male was raised in an all female environment would he act like a female?

And why do females throw a ball differently than males?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    Anyone else reading these thinking "Wow, I'm totally busted"
    For me it is quite the opposite I am thinking "wow I am doing most of these things without even realizing it!" It just takes time. Just as we learn from watching others when we are children we watch other women at a subconcious level and learn from them. Most of us don't have nearly as many years of doing so as most GG's do so it takes us a little longer. Just don't be scared to watch and emulate other women if that is truely what you want. Same goes for ftm's though I would think it would be much easier for them. Men don't show nearly as much emotion or as many gestures as women do so it is less to learn. Its more situational for men. Again it just takes time and we will all get to where we want to be eventually. Also remember that no one is 100% feminine or 100% masculine. In todays world it is more acceptable for women to seem a little more masculine than it was in the past. Everyone has to find their own spot that they are happy with.

I've noticed that when men take a drink from a glass, they'll tend to look into it first, while women usually don't.
    -Sedona

Women tend to stand ankles together, legs touching all the way from top to bottom. Men tend to stand with feet about shoulder width apart.

Feminine signature movements are the special and natural way a girl carries on her daily life.
    How she hold things, point at objects, look at people, smile, stand, sit, play with her hair, walk, talk and eat. How she turn pages of a book, hold a pen, look through things in her handbag.....

I am hoping that someone could show me YouTube clips which teaches me these skills. I really want to emulate these movements and become naturally girlish.

I think the lack of these feminine movements is just as unhelpful for passing as having a deep male voice.