Thread: Friend's wedding

Friend's wedding

So I have this great friend named Seana and she is getting married on October
    10th. She is marrying another woman and a lot of the guests only know me as Kendra. She has been really supportive and treats me as me regardless of how I present myself, she took me out the first few times I ventured out. I have an open invitation to go to her place in Boston and spend as much time as I want enfemme. I am just looking for advice on if I should go as Ken or Kendra and do I tell her first to warn her or just show up however I'm comfortable that day? She really is amazing and has helped me become who I am today, I just don't want to mess up her special day. Thanks for the help.

Did she invite Ken or Kendra?
    I would think it's her call.
    Don't upstage her on her special day.

Banned Read only
    A wedding day is definitely not about the guests!
    It's about the couple getting married.
    Stay firmly in the background.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janice murray View Post
    A wedding day is definitely not about the guests!
    It's about the couple getting married.
    Stay firmly in the background.
    I agree with Janice.

Danielle

Aspiring Member
    Agree with all of the other posters above. Ask her what she'd like you to wear. Maybe there is a formal dress code too. And colour theme. If you are going as Kendra, then wear waterproof makeup if you have the tendency to cry.
    And yes wish the happy couple for me!!!!

Yep, its her call. But I reckon you should suggest going as Kendra to her. Have a wonderful day.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Definately ask her, but do it soon so you have time to find a pretty dress to wear.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I'm going to be in the minority here, but she knows u as Kendra, is supportive and her friends know you as Kendra too. I say go as Kendra, dress nice but nothing outrageous. If you don't you will regret it. I had a similar situation, I went dressed and had the greatest time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    I'm going to be in the minority here, but she knows u as Kendra, is supportive and her friends know you as Kendra too. I say go as Kendra, dress nice but nothing outrageous. If you don't you will regret it. I had a similar situation, I went dressed and had the greatest time.
    Ditto, just don't wear anything that would upstage the brides. ( I assume that as it is a female same sex wedding both parties are referred to as brides - no bridegroom)
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As long as you ask your friend if your able to go as Kendra,you can then go with whatever she suggests,just think you could be at a wonderful occasion,But instead of sitting in drab watching and wishing you were one of the female guests,you will be there dressed in gorgeous gown,Hair and make up all done nice being one of those ladies

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    I agree to go as Kendra. I also agree to not upstage your friend by wearing something way over the top. Plus, try to be as natural with you makeup, not anything over the top. It's her day.

Elizabeth

I am in a similar position going to a friends wedding this weekend coming up. I had a talk with the bride who said she had no problem with me coming enfemme and so I talked with some other girls who are coming as guests and yesterday I went dress shopping with my GF and picked out something nice but that will definately not out shine the bride. I also am having my first experience with concealer and make up so I don't stir up too much attention from family of the bride and groom.

Long story short, ask her! don't be afraid to tell your preference, but please ask her before doing anything ^^

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Heavens...you are so close to her about this issues so how can you not want to ask? Be secure! Ask!

tina

Silver Member
    Great previous advice! You must notify her now, telling her who you would be more comfortable and confident "presenting". The style of your outfit should be appropriate for that wedding or any wedding, and no attire that will put you in the spotlight. Enjoy - however you dress.

First, thank you all for your advice. I talked to Seana and it is a very casual ceremony and reception. The ceremony will be out side at Boston Harbor at 1pm with a small reception at a friends house followed by a night out in Boston. So.....we decided I should go to the ceremony and reception in male mode then change to go out. Seana's reasoning was that her friends that I haven't met will have the opportunity to meet me as Ken & Kendra and get to know the whole me. It was funny when I finally talked to her because she was waiting for it and some mutual friends and her were already talking about me going out that night enfemme. Now I get to go shopping for something to wear for a night out in Boston. Thanks again & I'll try to have some pics up early next week.

Good for you. Have a great time and enjoy yourself

Have fun, the both of you, and make sure we have those pics.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Make sure you dress semi warm. Boston at night this time of year can get pretty windy and chilly.

Well, well, well - this is working out very nicely then, isn't it??
    Mary

Yep, I think it would be best if you asked your friend first.

Check out jamie austin for a makeover while you are in Boston. He's now got a place in East Boston if that's something that interests you for some fun.

Hi Kendra,
    I hope you have a blast in the bean town !

If a lot of people there know you as Kendra, then the answer is Kendra.
    Michelle

That sounds great, they get to meet both sides of you, how cool.

Have a great time