Thread: My sister's helpful tip

My sister's helpful tip

On Thursday night I decided to not care what people think anymore and shaved my arms. I work in a warehouse and always wear a t-shirt so my hairy arms are/were visible. I've had bare arms for 2 days now and no one at work has batted an eye or said a word. Now, to the point of my thread, lol. I was talking with my sister about how annoying it is to shave my legs whenever they start getting hairy. She told me the easiest way is to just shave it, then run a razor over the area/s that you shave each time you take a shower. She told me that that is how most women stay smooth all the time. Now I take a shower every night just to stay smooth, lol. Aren't sister's wonderful!

That's how I shave my whole body. No cream, just some soap and lots of hot water. It only takes a couple of minutes a day, and it means that I have an excuse to take a longer shower!

I can't stand using a razor on my body, so I just use nair or some other hair remover. Less work

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    I can't stand using a razor on my body, so I just use nair or some other hair remover. Less work
    that's how I prefer to do it as well be I'm always afraid of leaving it on too long as I'm trying remove the cream from other parts of my leg, I use veet's bladeless razor...

Thank you for passing that along, I hadn't thought of that.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Shaving the same areas daily has been my standard procedure for shaving, it's quick, and easy. Also if for some reason I skip a day I still remain smooth.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I do this too. A beautician told me about it and I've been doing it ever since. Shaving in the shower is also easier on the skin because of the heat and moisture--both are soothing.
    warmly, Linnea

Thanks for the tip.

Can we borrow your sister? She sounds like an awesome person and sibling. I am super jealous.
    Why is it everyone expects us to explain to them who we are? Isn't it enough of a privilege for them to have us in the world?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerri ray View Post
    I was talking with my sister about how annoying it is to shave my legs whenever they start getting hairy. She told me the easiest way is to just shave it, then run a razor over the area/s that you shave each time you take a shower. She told me that that is how most women stay smooth all the time.
    I can either see that as an excuse to spend more time in the shower, or to get up earlier so I have time for a whole body shave in the shower.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Aspiring Member
    I learned from a GG that she uses conditioner on her legs when she shaves. Better than shaving cream. I can't afford Nair (a bottle a week) to keep the body hairs away gets pretty expensive.

yes nair is very expensive, lol. I've been perfectly smooth for 4 days now thnx to my sister. It really is easier than just shaving once a week and using hair remover all the time. She has been very helpful with tips and things I want to learn, lol. I can ask if she wouldn't mind being borrowed but you're gonna have to give her back :. I'm glad that some of you girls are finding this helpful, that's the reason why I posted it.

they are speaking from years of experience. That is one thing we as cd'ers are usually missing. You are just one of the lucky ones with your builtin answer person.
    Michelle

Thanks for sharing that tip. Now, I assume that your sister knows that you like to dress.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Thanks Gerri, and thanks to your sister!

I will definitely have to try this! I currently just shave my thighs, but as the weather gets colder and I start wearing only long pants I will probably start shaving my legs.

I wish I had know about this earlier! It used to take me about 30 min to shave my legs, more if I shaved everything. Now it only takes about 5 extra minutes tops to go over my legs to keep them silky smooth. Tell your sister thanks for me :-)

Mandy

what kind of razor do I need? I'm going out shopping for fem things this week (I hope) I'm hoping to get some clothing, nail polish for my toes, and a razor to try to shave my arms/legs. also do I need any cream for shaving with a razor?

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelsimms View Post
    Can we borrow your sister? She sounds like an awesome person and sibling. I am super jealous.
    I am all for that. I don't think mine will take too well. Seriously good for you gerri ray that is so nice she is there for you.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen.CD View Post
    what kind of razor do I need? I'm going out shopping for fem things this week (I hope) I'm hoping to get some clothing, nail polish for my toes, and a razor to try to shave my arms/legs. also do I need any cream for shaving with a razor?
    I'm told by my son that the best thing to lubricate a razor is just water, the problem is getting it to stay in vertical places, so soap was added to make the water stay, I don't have a bath but possibly shaving legs under water in the bath will produce a better result !!..................

Lots of love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Yes, she's known of my dressing since I told her 2 years ago. She's the first one I told and she gave me a bunch of panties, bras, and socks she didn't wear anymore. She never batted an eye.

I use hair conditioner, take's me five minutes tops to shave my legs and underarms.

Isn't it better to wax so you don't get so course hairs though? At least for the legs it seems like the easiest way to do it.

Well if you shave majorly once and then just run a razor over the area/s every time you shower then the hair don't get a chance to grow back. To me that would be easier than letting the hair grow back long to wax each time.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Just be careful not to do as I did and cut yuor foot whiolst shaving in the shower
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I use Gillette's 5 bladed Venus Embrace razor except on my face. I used to use Veet or Nair on my legs but I find shaving to be much less irritating to the skin. I preferred Nair over Veet since Nair was not as harsh and did a better job of removing the hair.
    One thing I notice as I shave my arms, legs, and chest is there is a bit less body odor. It is especially important to shave under the arms.

Good idea to run the razor over the areas everyday for critical areas.- I don't care about the legs or chest, but hair on my arms are noticeable. I will simply continue to shave my legs and chest twice a week.

I use a different razor for my face - Gillette's 5 bladed Fusion razor. I find that I need a stiffer pivot of the man's Fusion razor to cut through the stubble. On the other hand, the Venus has a flexible pivot that is good for the much softer body hair.

I have determined that regular Gillette's men's shaving gel differs from Gillette's Venus gel only in the scent so now I use only the regular men's shaving gel since it is a little cheaper.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him