Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gg has a questiin

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar

gg has a questiin

If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?

Well, it means both , Crossdressing is sorta under the "Transgender Umbrella " if you will..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Hi Donnasweetheart,

The term trangender is an umbrella term than includes crossdressers. The level of feelings that one has will vary with each individual going from just wanting to wear the outfits for sexual reasons (transvestite term in the U.S., crossdresser in countries such as England) to someone who feels very feminine at times but lives and works as a guy because they have to or enjoy that side of themselves as well. The line from crossdressing to a Transexual Pre-op, post op or Non-op can become very thin at times when we go to describe ourselves. And, if you feel confused on the subject, you should see it from our side! Heehee!

Thanks for asking!
    Dana

Hi Donna,

To give you my answer to your question, I'm more transgendered, than a man who likes to wear dresses. I feel I'm more female than male in my mental makeup. But I'm straight too. I'm not into men. It's just how I feel. I think the term transgendered fits who I am, better than a straight crossdresser.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Your question is simple to answer... A cross dresser is in fact a man #1. So if he is straight, it means he does not have sex with a man any more then a non cross dressing man does.
    Now as to the second part. It's more complicated then simply saying we are men that just like to wear dresses.
    For some, it's a fetish and very sexual.(self gratification)

For others it's part of our brain wiring to express our feminine side. But that does not mean we want to express it sexually with a man. BTW, most of us like to wear more then just dresses. lol
    Cross dressing does not mean we are either gay or bi-sexual. True, like in the rest of the male population, some are either bi or gay. But not more so simply because we cross dress and maybe even less then non crossdressing males. No good statistics on it one way or the other.
    Many of us might have a fantasy about being with a male, but that is not one that most of us ever live out. It's just a fantasy period.

As for me, I am a cross dresser that loves, adores, appreciates, idolizes and lusts after women. I have never lusted after a man. Not my thing.

as a cross dresser who is "straight".
    i guess i am a man who loves woman so much i like to look like one.
    as said above "transgendered" is a umbrella word. so it includes cross dressers as well as transsexuals.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't think I'm not qualified to answer the "transgendered" part of your question, Donna.
    However, I know what "straight" means to me! It means I'm ONLY ATTRACTED TO FEMALES! Have I EVER been attracted to a male to female trans? Yes! In Thailand!

She appeared completely FEMALE in her looks, mannerisms and speech! I've NOT felt that attraction since! But, that's just ME! I can't speak for the trans person you're talking about!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would have to say it depends on how the cross-dresser identifies as some are really more transgender then others and may identify as male meaning that liking women is straight or identify as female and liking men is straight... so I personally think it is a very complex question. I personally consider my self currently a straight male because I only hold such interests towards females but if I ever go beyond just cross-dressing into changing my gender identity to female I couldn't really call my self straight while liking women. ^^;

the happy camper
    I've heard it said that "transgendered" is an umbrella term that includes crossdressers and transexuals. I don't object to having the label put on me, but I don't use it for myself. In my view, "trans" means "across", like you're on the other side, and I feel more like I'm stuck in the middle with a foot in each camp. When I dress up, though, I do try to be a bit more than just a guy wearing a dress.

Bottom line is, I respect the labels that other people choose for themselves. If a straight crossdresser says s/he's transgendered, then okay. If he says he's just a guy in a dress, then that's cool too. The labels are supposed to aid our understanding, so it's always best to find out exactly what the person using them means instead of filling in the label with your own definition.

Let's not let this thread degrage into another disagreement about definitions.

To the OP's question: some men wear clothing generally intended for females because they identify (to themselves, maybe to others) to some [lesser to greater] extent as female, as opposed to male. It's a gender identity issue, unfairly called gender identity disorder, as if we should be either male or female, but not somewhere between. Or called a disorder because the brain gender doesn't agree with the body gender. I'm not in this camp, so I will defer to others who offer a better description.

Some men (like me) wear women's clothing (and makeup and accessories) because it's exciting, fun, and even arousing. Also called fetish crossdressing, because certain articles have, alone or together, the power to produce sexual excitement.

Being straight (or gay or bi) has do do with who we are attracted to and have sexual activities with, not how we dress.

There are crossdressers and non-crossdressers who are straight, gay, lesbian, or bi.

I think you may be asking 'does he want to be a woman or just like the clothing?'... it depends on the person, you have to ask them. Sexual orientation, gender and sex are all independant...you can be any combination, the only trend I see is there are two majorities, straight crossdressers and another large group that want to fully live as woman.
    Chickie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Yup...that's me! My gender presentation does not change my sexual orientation. I'm interested in women only, and, in fact, one particular woman...my wife!

The rest is a label problem. Transgendered, for sure. Tina is much much more than my male self in a dress. I've used the crazy terminology of "temporarily transexual". When Tina is around, the guy my wife married is on the shelf. My wife treats these "visits" from Tina as girlfriend time, and they stuff they do would bore me to tears!!! It still amazes us!

For me I dont consider myself Trans but like Loni I idolize women and would love to look like one. I am married, straight and don't desire men, but I have told my wife I would trade places --- for a while any way --- I don't know what catagory this puts me in? I still have manly thoughts and actions ! Debra

In my case. I am a straight guy. What that means is, I am a male that likes women. But, that woman does not necessarily need to be overtly feminine looking. How can I expect that when I present a look that is quite feminine. Now if I can find a woman that loves the feminine look but likes to be with men, then I will be a happy man. LOL

I personally do not adopt feminine mannerisms when dressed, I am just me. Kind of a perky goth, with a glare that can put a shot of cold down your spine (okay, just playing there, ha ha ha....*glare* ) Of course some of my movement is changed or modified by my heels or skirts, but that is because of the garment. There is nothing inherently "feminine" about it. I have seen women in baggy pants with their legs splayed apart in man fashion when seated.

I attended the Folsom street fair where my heterosexuality was pretty much confirmed (well that happened at Rocky Horror many years ago) my heterosexuality. I would love to post pics of my get up, but it was very androgynous, no wig, or forms.

By the way. Any woman caught outside the house in trousers before it became acceptable would also be labeled Transgendered. Something that seems to be glossed over in the history papers.

Donnasweetheart, the answer to your question will depend on the individual and probably cannot be applied "broad-brush" to all straight cross dressers. Speaking for myself, it is more than just wearing dresses. It includes the full range of emotion, expression or perhaps my general lifestyle. Do I have to be dressed ultra femme all of the time? Certainly not because no matter how I am dressed, I am still the same person. Sure, I like to wear dresses but I'm more comfortable in jeans, sweatpants, and shorts like so many others. Spiritually, I have always been more transgendered than just male. If you asked my wife, she would tell you that is a good thing too.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

For me it’s straightforward. When I’m Suzy I am not a man [in my head]. I just enjoy being suzy.
    As for my sexual feelings when I am Suzy well, I am a lesbian I suppose.
    I have two lives and I love them both. And life is such fun!

Hugs, SUZY

You sound just like my husband and I, maybe the term "temporarily transexual" fits us too.

I cross dress for the enjoyment. I am "straight" thus having no interest in being envolved with men when presenting as a woman. I know my wife likes it that way!

I have never thought of my husband as transgender. He is my husband who likes to wear woman's clothes sometimes. Maybe it is a fetish because we always have fun and are sexual aroused, however I have never thought of him being transgender, I have always thought of it as being part of him. It is who he is.

I like this answer that has been my story I like women so much I try to emulate them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by donnasweetheart View Post
    I have always thought of it as being part of him. It is who he is.
    You already have the perfect answer - it's a part of him and it's unique to him. You seem to understand and enjoy that part of him. Don't let classifications or terminology interfere with your relationship.

I never thought of me being Transgender ,How far does your hubby go? Does he do the whole nines?
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    If i had to be labelled I would have to say I am happy to be termed as Transgender,I aim to try my best to emulate women as a hetro male But At times i just feel more feminine,than just a man in a dress would.It just feels I'm where I am my best.most of my thought process revolves round my feminine side.Just last night as I was due to go drab for work.I sat on the edge of the bed wishing I didnt have to change,feeling the soft fabrics of my Clothes wanting to just stay Sophie,But I got on with the process because i still have the responsibility to provide for my family.And am so much luckier than many others

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    As a straight cross-dresser, I do not identify with the term transgender. I am a gender tourist. Compare it to someone who loves going to France, being with the French, eating like the French, speaking French like the French, gesticulating like the French, and delighted if peopel assume he is French ... but doesactually imagine he is French, does not want to live in France, and absolutely does not want to become a French citizen.

I dress completely as a woman for days at a time, staying in hotels where they know I am really a man but they take it in their stride. I love looking good, and being good at ACTING like a woman and being perceived as making a god job of that. Actors get a huge kick out of acting but do not believe they are the character.

I do not get a sexual kick out of the clothes but wearing them is compulsive, and even thrilling. Many women also get obsessive about their clothes and lose the place with their credit cards. Some of us want a piece of this excitement and the pleasure of picking the outfit that looks absolutely right. I love shopping for new clothes and trying things on, just as a woman does. Men's clothes are not fun - women's are - and not just for women.

But everyone is different.

Act of putting womans clothing 99% of time by a man translates into him thinking of himself as herself during the act. If so, then when crossdressed he is she and attracted to woman makes her lesbian. I think it is important to acknowledge duality of psyche state present within individual. I go as far as to describe first stage of transgenderism as "Dual sexual personality", the most simple engagement into crossdressing to express feminine desire in totality embracing full immersion into presenting and feeling as a woman through dressing weather sexual or sensual.
    I believe that beyond this stage lies more fluid state where such duality isn't as well defined and overlaps, spilling onto different aspects of psyche and daily life, then the individual is trully entered into transgendered state.