Thread: Ready to start dressing again but need honest help

Ready to start dressing again but need honest help

I've been on these boards a little while posted here n there...blah blah. I'm a c6 quadriplegic and haven't dressed since my accident 5 years ago. Well, I'm finally ready to try dressing myself but I have a dilemma. I cant find a way to get my own women's clothing. I'm not about to take clothes from somebody else and would rather have somethinbg else in my own size anyways.

I cant drive myself to the store or else I'd go shopping. And I would get a post office box and order things online but I cantdrive to the post office. I thought about a way I could get my hands on my own stuff but I need an honest person to help me out. Would somebody let me order my clothes I need and ship the package to their house just for them to change the return shipping label so it says someones name instead of a clothing store? I'll pay any charges should there be any. I'd super appreciate it.

Thanks!!
    -Chastity

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    You dont say where you are Chastity

Many mail order & internet shops do not use a return label that blows your cover. Inquire, ask for plain labeling. They sell to shy cd's all the time.

Can you dress yourself?

I'd rather not take the chance one a label blowing my cover.

I live near Cincinnati, Ohio.

I can dress myself as long as I'm in my bed. It's a challenge and takes a long time but I can do it. I intend on dressing in my bed at night when I'm alone.
    -Chastity

Chastity, It would be help full to know where you are. This only seems to be a matter of logistics. There are numbers of support mechinisims for you to use.
    Heck almost every Dress Barn that I have ever been in has been TG friendly with a staff that would be willing to help. It's just a matter of feeling you have the right to be who you are. But If I knew that you were down the street from me and had a hard time getting out to buy those things you enjoy. I would be there in an instant to pick you up.

My main problem really isn't nervousness or shyness, it's the fact that I don't have a wheelchair van that I'm able to hop in and go wherever whenever. This is why I think using mailover/internet is my best bet right now until I can drive independently.

The worst part of paralysis at my level is the amount of independence you lose and gain of dependence on other people for tasks most able-bodied take for granted.
    -Chastity

I will assume you do have some sort of caretaker. Is this a problem letting them know about your needs and desires? This is something that is you, it is what you want and I don't see how it can be denied to you. Just because you are unable to ambulate by yourself does not make it so that you cannot still be a TG. You know from your accident that there are far more things that are more important than what you wear. Go for it if it makes you happy.

Is there a reason you are worried someone will intercept a package?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I still live at home with my parents and younger brother, so yes I'm worried someone will intercept a package.

I'm not confident enough to come out to my morning caregiverr. As I said I'll be dressing in what I order at night by myself. I'm hellbent on trying to be as independent as possible...I know of other quadriplegics that have the same level of functionality that are completely independent. The difference with me is I dont feel like wasting half of my day on daily living tasks.... This is really a trial and error thing for me right now. What's ironic is my desire to crossdress is a major factor in my motivation to become independent.
    -Chastity

Chastity, I am so impressed with your courage and determination. I wish you all the best in the world. Maybe your morning care giver would be the best to come out to at this time as they know you better than anyone else and they may be able to help you. After all...they are going to catch you dressed someday when you sleep in
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't know of any solutions at the moment but I will be looking out for them. Keep us informed because I know many of us would love to help you but being so far away it is limiting.
    Michelle

I should've clearified it before but I just meant I'd buy my stuff online, ship it to one of the users here on the forums and then have them ship it to me from their house with shipping labels with their return address and my address so it won't let everyone know I'm buying from a lingerie website.
    -Chastity

I might be getting help from a member on here but just in case, is there anyone else who would be able to help?

I need someone to let me ship my order of clothes to them, change the return label and ship everything on to me.
    -Chastity