My Best Friend
I have to say it was very hard. I never had a problem with him dressing at home or going in the back yard. Then he started asking to go to the store dressed. I told him I didn't care, but I wouldn't go with him..

I can't tell you how many times over the years I have fallen apart, he's purged and then a week or 2 later I would buy him something because it hurt to see him look so miserable.

I have bipolardisorder, every time I go into manic side I want to take him shopping, go out to movies, dinner, bars, etc. But then the depression hits and I ca'nt stop crying everything is Carrie's fault. I was a happily married woman until she showed up!

Once I got myself straightened out I could see that his dressing had nothing to do with what I was going through. I will tell you that when I finally decided I had to either let him be Carrie, or let him go I chose to figure how to live with it. I actually had to grieve the loss of my husband to open my heart to Carrie.

I think probably the most hurtful thing I've ever said to him was "You are not my husband, I want my husband back"
I now know that nomatter how he's dressed Carrie and Frank are both my husband. His love for me does not change with his clothes. He just wants me to be a part of ALL his lives. I love him very much.