Thread: Out on the town

Out on the town

Well, sorta. Early this morning, before sunrise, I jumped in the car and headed to my shrink appointment dressed as Molly. (Stuffed) bra, panties, simple green top with scoop neck, nice jeans, my new mary janes, nails painted, fully made up and wearing my wig. I'd been up since 03:30 thanks to A: my daughter waking us up and B: being as excited as a kid on Christmas morning looking forward to my outing.

This was my first time out of the house as Molly, and it felt great. My shrink, a middle-aged woman with more style than I usually see in one place, gave me the nicest, comforting, most welcoming smile when she came to fetch me from the waiting room. It felt good to be out, to be seen. I felt comfortable and sexy and powerful and aroused and more all at once. She even encouraged me to come as Molly more often. Then, after a very good session, I went a step further and stopped in for a coffee at a place in Royal Oak I like, and where I was just yesterday in my regular clothes.

To top it all off, when I got home my wife wanted to see what I'd worn. It was the first time she'd seen Molly in person. Previously she'd seen only pictures, and she's still coming to grips with my dressing. She liked what I saw, and told me that I looked really great dressed up. So, yeah. My first public experience dressed was a smashing success, I felt great (and looked great), and I can't wait to do it again.

Good for you, Molly. Isn't the first time out great? Just watch, it does become addicting. Glad your wife was ok when she saw you dressed.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Molly, that takes a lot of courage. Way to go! And SherriePall is right....it gets addicting. Best of all is your wife's attitude about this. That makes a difference.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

Heh, yeah. Going out I felt like I'd taken a hit of some exotic and crazy addictive drug. I just wanted to go everywhere. Also, I wanted to come out to everybody I was so excited. As for my wife, yeah, she's taking it in stride but she's still not 100% comfortable with it. It's a learning process I guess.

that's great! You have more courage than I do. I scared to go out charlie even though I realy want to maybe someday my wife will drag me out

Well, my courage is helped along by the fact that I live in one of the bigger GLBT friendly zones in SE Michigan outside of Ann Arbor and I wasn't particularly concerned with being recognized. It was strange. Like I said to my shrink, when I was out dressed I felt both conspicuous and invisible at the same time. Dressing up I feel like from far away people will see a tall, kinda mannish girl and up close they'll see a dude dressed like a woman, but without my usual facial hair and distinctive manner of male dress I feel like not even my friends would recognize me if they passed me on the sidewalk. Honestly, at this point in my experience, my manner of dress and skill with makeup as Molly is like a ten-foot paint job on a car or bike. Looks great from ten feet away, but the closer you get...

Going to the coffee shop was scarier than going to my shrink appointment, but I did it and felt great. The thrill of walking into a crowded coffee house as Molly where I've spent time as Jason was almost as powerful as the first time I threw a leg over a motorcycle, or when I drive fast on a challenging road.

That part about the coffee shop is what really makes me think WOW! My first time out was at night. I am meeting a girlfriend tomorrow morning for coffee and the thought popped into my head....maybe I should go en femme at 10:30 in the am.
    Thanks for the inspiration Molly.

My response, not knowing anything else about you or Boise, is do it! Of course, your mileage may vary. Next week I think I'm going to go to Janet's Closet, which is maybe a half-hour drive from my place, all dressed up as Molly with my shopping girlfriend. I really like being outside as Molly. I'm sure something weird or awkward or brutish will happen eventually, but I'll enjoy flouncing around as much as I can and not worry too much about it.

Boise is still fairly small town- I am concerned about running into someone. But my gg girlfriend did not recognize me at first when I showed her my pics yesterday. soooo I have that workin for me. Really,thank you for this. It helps a lot!

I am happy for you, glad its comeing togethewr for you

Thanks, Jenna! Yeah, slowly and surely things are coming together for me. I feel like I'm getting to a point where I'm comfortable in both modes, and I'm getting a handle on the whys and wherefores of why I dress, what it means to me, and how to square it with my guy side. It's certainly a journey, but at least I look cute on the way.

That's awesome. I'm a CD from Ferndale. Shoot me an email I would love to pick your brain.

Hey girl. Leave me a message in my profile, or drop me a line on Yahoo messenger. My messenger ID is in my profile.

Oh yeah, by the way, I now have some pics of my outfit from yesterday. I posted them here.

sounds like you are making a lot of progress
    Michelle