Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed at Kroger! By my wife

Outed at Kroger! By my wife

Funny (sort of) story. Yesterday my sife and I had a girls day out. We wnt to Kroger for some much needed grocerie shopping and later dinner and a movie. While we were at Kroger I was attempting to get a loaf of breadfrom the shelf and wifey wanted to get my attention. Instead of calling by my girl name (Michelle) which she picked, she blurted out my given name 3 times in a very loud voice. As I attempted to get her to stop, for the love of god she said my name again only this time all three of my given names which are not Robert John Wilson but you get the point. Not a female name in the whole tirade. At this point there was a number of people (male and female) looking right at me. Some amused, some not, and one redneck with only about two active braincells who looked like he wanted to kick the trannies ass. I just smiled at them all and the wife and I left as quickly as we could. We went to Wally World and finished our shopping without incident. Then later at the theater we gave out tickets to the ticket dude and she walks through the entrance and........wait for it................................................ .........says Bob I'll meet you in there.

So I ask you: how can i get my very accepting wonderful wife to call me whatever girl name she wants and stop outing me. if this goes on I am sure to get my ass beat by some low IQ tranny basher.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thought that crosses my mind is, just how accepting is she really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why don't you just wear a sign on your back with you male name on it. It couldn't be much worse, but it is hugely funny
    Michelle

Wear a really big "Hello my name is Mechelle" sign on your front.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina View Post
    Thought that crosses my mind is, just how accepting is she really?
    I believe is is totally accepting but just has a mental block about my fem name.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    Why don't you just wear a sign on your back with you male name on it. It couldn't be much worse, but it is hugely funny
    How about "I'm a crossdresser kick me" LOl

Quote Originally Posted by subwrx View Post
    Wear a really big "Hello my name is Mechelle" sign on your front.
    I have tried everything else.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obviously she isnt that accepting ,hmmm

A lot of us don't have SOs who would go out and about with us dressed, so, in my book, I'd say she's pretty accepting. If you feel there was no maliciousness on her part, I'd overlook this gaffe (no pun intended) and move on. Heck, I don't know what you look like, but most people can read most of us pretty quickly (I sure am not fooling anybody!), so they probably knew already, before the male names came out.
    -Sedona

I have had similar experiences. I have to say in all the spouses defense, that it is very difficult to spontaneously hit a girl name when you have called that person by their man name for so many years. Elizabeth called me Martin for ten years before I added Kathryn to the mix. I always forgive her and will give her another ten years to get it right.

Kathryn
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Well I must say it is a funny story......but then I wasn't in your shoes, er heels. And you handled it the best way, just smile and go on about it.....regina

8rys, going on walkabout
    I don't think it is a case of malicious intent. My wife has a mental block when it comes to my femme name. To add to that she was the one to choose my femme name. Thankfully, I have an unisex nic name, which she often uses. In my case she has known my male name 17 years and the femme name has been around less than 2 years.

i think it is kind of cruel to do that when out in public.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp the closer to the end the faster it goes.

I have to do this when my fiance forgets certain things. Just remind her as you get out the car and anytime you go through a door. If you can not remember to remind her, then dont get mad at her for forgetting as well. Its annoying, but works.

LMAO I do the outing thing all the time to my SO.It's not on purpose.Once I called him by his name and realized in an instant and added to his name to change it quickly lol. Like" Come one Phil...Philmena lets go" lol He was pissed lmao.I will walk up to something I think he would like in a store and just blurt out you want this honey? lol We couild be in that store for hours and as soon as we get out in the car he will be do you know and why lol.All I can say is sorry.Just the other day I found these active wear shirts .Really cute longs sleeves forn fitting spandex with hoodies,They had zippers in the front that only went down to show cleavage.The really special thing about them is they had thumb holes in the end of the sleeves and small pocket mid way down one arm to hold a credit card or such that blended into the shirt.I bought myself a pink one,yellow anda white one.They looked good on me and hid my muffin top.Well about a month goes by I am wearing one and we are in line together getting coffee as I am waiting for my change with my hand out I decided to look up at SO without thinking and said look honey these shirts have thumb holes is that cool? lol I was thinking he could wear these while out driving and if he put his thumbs in the holes like I do the sleeves never move up to expose hair lmao .Alot of stupid stuff like that.lol

Gold Member
    Try going out and calling your wife Broderick all the time. You may not find it so easy. Then you will say her instead of him and many other gaffes. It is hard to change what you are used to. I wouldn't call this non-acceptance. Give her time. My daughter still yells out Dad when we are out. Gotta go with the flow and just not draw any more attention to it by doing something like making a cutting motion across your throat.

Well Chris or Christine is close so I am good there but I dont pass well enough that it matters much. If my wife want to go out with me dressed I would be happy!

Christine
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Stuff like that used to bother me, but it would not bother me that much anymore. Although it works better if you use a feminine name if others are listening. If she gets it wrong, just say 'He just left... its just us girls here now!'...
    Chickie

The way that I see it, my wife didn't go screaming off into the night when I told her that I am a crossdresser after keeping it from her for over 30 years, so she has earned the right to call me anything she wants.

Same with my kids. While standing in the checkout line at Kohl's during a crowded holiday sale, my son, holding up a bargain that he found said, "Hey Dad, look at this!" He instantly realized what he said and became emberassed, but I passed it off as nothing out of the ordinary had been said. The only reaction that we got was from the clerk, who just gave the both of us a smile and went on like nothing happened.

There was a time when I would have been bothered by this, but now that I've accepted myself as basically a guy in a skirt, but with a bit if feminine wiring it doesn't bother me in the least.

And if some redneck wants to emberass himself by trying to emberass me, I'll be happy to oblige him.

Bobbi

I don't know what I'd do in this situation. I'm fortunate that my given name is a feminine one used by both M & F, however, my wife has called me Lita a few times in public while I was in drab, lol... although I think my fem name should be my given name when out in public, with friends, etc.. I just can't use it for online activity.. I mean, I really like my fem name, but suppose it can be confusing to expect my wife and friends to use an alias instead of my name.. I don't know how this is supposed to work..

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    If you have been married for 20 years or more..it would be normal to call you be HE name, it is a habit that takes hard though to over come.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

the happy camper
    One thing that might help is to have her use the name more around the house so that she gets used to it.

I was having the the opposite problem this past Saturday while dressed at a masquerade party. My wife referred to me a few times as "Sophie" around friends who were just supposed to think I was dressed for the party.

I blame the wine.

by Kathryn's side Elizabeth Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    I have had similar experiences. I have to say in all the spouses defense, that it is very difficult to spontaneously hit a girl name when you have called that person by their man name for so many years. Elizabeth called me Martin for ten years before I added Kathryn to the mix. I always forgive her and will give her another ten years to get it right.

Kathryn
    I'm glad you didn't tell them I've called you by my ex-husband's name several times.

Love E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad you didn't tell them I've called you by my ex-husband's name several times.

Love E
    That is cute.
    Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    she ...says Bob I'll meet you in there.
    In your best feminine voice respond "Ok John, see you in a moment"

Great story..well out it to you this way at least you can go out together many of uis are still inside our houses watching the world go by. At least you get to mingle and go out. Even with the name calling. Quite funny. Have a great day.

She will learn in time.
    Jennifer (my SO) has called me by my male name a few times when we were out. She knew what she had done after the fact. Once we were in the middle of the mall and I noticed more than a few people looking at us. I really thought that I had a boob falling out of my belly or something. I then happen to notice that we were walking hand in hand! LOL I started to laugh and she was like what's up? She didn't even notice what we were doing. Still funny to us.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!