Thread: "Caught" at airport security.

"Caught" at airport security.

I had purchasesd some panties, thongs and pantyhose for a 2 week stay out of town in Europe). I loved wearing them under my business suits and at night in the room. However, ng for something. They wear. they looked at me very funny and put them back and of course let me pass.

Sorry to hear that you had a bit of a problem. May I ask what airport you were in?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

clothing is clothing..if you must just say .....O no i have my wife's suitcase.

Just as a matter of interest, when I have to travel in drab and am travelling with a GG lady friend we put both male and female clothes in each of our cases.
    If I am ever looked at funny by custom people or security. I just tell them straight saying in effect, "what's so funny, if either case gets lost by your very efficient airline, at least we both have some clothes to wear" After that they usual look very sheepish.

Whenever I've had my carryon searched there has never been a problem. If asked, I'd be I proud to say that the nightie, bras, forms etc are mine! Why are we so ashamed to admit that we are CD'ers??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

There will always be people who think they know everything especially at the airports. Lots of good ideas have been posted. But most important was one that said. Just tell them the truth it is mine. So big deal they saw your lingerie. They must see the same thing many thousand times a day. Like mom's always say make sure your lingerie is clean just in case.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Why be concerned with what someone is carrying through airport security? Unless its a bomb, drugs, knives (including serrated butter knives - leant that one the hard way), etc.
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    Half my family lives in Mississippi and the other half in Kentucky (for the most part). I used to travel via airplane at least a couple times a year for visits. I stopped traveling by plane a few years ago and stick to driving now. Seven hours really isn't that long of drive I would end up spending an hour or more in the first airport before taking off for an hour and a half flight then another 2-3 hours in 2nd airport waiting on the next plane. That would then be followed by an hour flight and then an hour drive. So after all that I am sitting on a plane or in an airport for at very least 6 hours when the drive is only 7. Plus I'd rather have my own way to get around once I arrive.

Many many times I have traveled on a plane I have been stopped and questioned about different things. The only time there was any real problem wasn't with any clothing but rather electronics. I was still in high school and I had a N64 and some other electronics in my carry-on. They made me pull it all out of my bag to they could examine it. My best guess is that they thought with all the electronic parts that it could be bomb of some sort. When they realized that it wasn't anything to worry about they apologized and let me go on. That was before 911 though or I would think they would have taken the N64 apart to see if it had a bomb or something else in it as well.

I remember the first time I flew down after turning 18 and changing my name and such. I was actually running late that morning and didn't get to fix myself up before leaving. I had shaved my body the day before and I had enough time to take a quick shower before leaving. When I went to check my luggage and all that I had to show them not only my license but my SS card birth certificate and my change of name form (which luckily I happened to have with me.) It took them so long to realize that I am who I was saying I am and let me go on. When I go to the security checkpoint they were checking licenses again as well as scanning bags and the metal detectors etc. Again I had trouble convincing them that I am who I am . . . They also decided it would be a good idea to open both my carry on bags right then and there in front of everyone and go through them. Being that the people that checked my bags weren't the same people that had checked my license the 2nd time, they gave me some odd looks when they found some of the clothing, breast forms and other products that I had. I kept getting asked if someone else asked me to take their bag.

After over an hour (total) of being harassed I asked to speak with the airport manager. I am not quite sure to this day of what type of manager she was. She came up to me and was very polite and asked what the problem was. I told her what had happened and that I didn't appreciate being treated like I was. That I understand they have to take precautions and check everything but that it was getting to be a little ridiculous. Nothing really ever came of it except that I had someone to help me put my things back in my bag before I had to make a mad dash for the gate. I ended up almost missing my flight.

Once I got to the 2nd airport something just as bad happened. I knew I had a couple hours to wait so I went to the womens RR to change put my forms in and do my makeup/hair. As soon as I walked in this girl screamed "OMG! what are you doing in here!? Get out! Get out! At that I started laughing and walked to a stall as she rushed out the door. Another lady in there just looked at me funny and said "I hope you realize you are in the women's rest room." I replied "yes of course!" and walked into the stall. I proceeded to change start getting ready. About the time I stepped out of the stall airport security was walking in. They searched the stalls and asked everyone (including me) if we had seen a man walk in. When they asked me I just shook my head "no". I knew if I opened my mouth they would realize it was me. I then turned around and started putting my makeup on and doing my hair. When I walked out they had a male security guard standing outside the door. I just smiled at him as I walked by! Luckily on the way back I made sure I had time to get ready before leaving for the airport. I didn't have the first problem on the way back.

I hear now a days they are very strict about what you can and cant take on a plane with you. I haven't flown in years so I don't know what all that includes. I also don't know what the process they go through and what new machines they use to check your bags and person. I heard they have an x-ray machine for the people now so they can see if you have something strapped to you or even inside your body. I would think this could be a problem if you are wearing breast forms. I don't have to worry about that anymore but I would hate to be one of those people who has to wear them and be stopped and told to take them out in front of everyone.

I understand that it is all for our protection but at the same time it is getting to the point where our privacy is being violated. I will probably never get on a plane again unless I either can't drive where I'm going or is so far that it would take more than one day to drive it.

To any of you that will be flying I wish you good luck and hope that it all turns out for the best! Just be careful and know your rights! If there are any problems don't hesitate to speak with management. Remember that being outed is really only the first step and that it could get much worse beyond that if some idiot decides to make it so. I guess it's all part of the lives we live. Just remember to be prepared!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I would have told them "Its mine" and The knowledge they could do absolutely nothing to you,would be cause to smile,yet more proof that what we do is not illegal

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Rose View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, when I have to travel in drab and am travelling with a GG lady friend we put both male and female clothes in each of our cases.
    If I am ever looked at funny by custom people or security. I just tell them straight saying in effect, "what's so funny, if either case gets lost by your very efficient airline, at least we both have some clothes to wear" After that they usual look very sheepish.
    Actually that is very smart. I have seen some parents who fly seperate airlines in case one plane doesn't make it, the children will not lose both parents. Packing a few outfits in both peices of luggage is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by christiek View Post

Once I got to the 2nd airport something just as bad happened. I knew I had a couple hours to wait so I went to the womens RR to change put my forms in and do my makeup/hair. As soon as I walked in this girl screamed "OMG! what are you doing in here!? Get out! Get out! At that I started laughing and walked to a stall as she rushed out the door. Another lady in there just looked at me funny and said "I hope you realize you are in the women's rest room." I replied "yes of course!" and walked into the stall. I proceeded to change start getting ready. About the time I stepped out of the stall airport security was walking in. They searched the stalls and asked everyone (including me) if we had seen a man walk in. When they asked me I just shook my head "no". I knew if I opened my mouth they would realize it was me. I then turned around and started putting my makeup on and doing my hair. When I walked out they had a male security guard standing outside the door. I just smiled at him as I walked by! Luckily on the way back I made sure I had time to get ready before leaving for the airport. I didn't have the first problem on the way back.
    Christiek this story reaaly amused me and I am still chuckling. That was very bold action taken with full confidence in yourself. Congratulation

Who gives a hoot what they think.

I had a minor issue at Brisbane airport ,going through security,I was wearing a bangle and set off the beepers. I had to undergo the wand as I can't remove the bangle unless in the shower. The issue was having to take off my shoes thus exposing my painted toenails and the pantihose I was wearing ,but nobody made any comment, and quite honestly I really didn't care. The next problem was at Los Angeles airport - same thing, so what!!!!!!!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    why don't I ever get these issues? I carrry one set of undies in my carryon/computer bag and no one ever says boo! I'd love to look them in the eye and ask what their problem is as they scan my panties in my case!!!

tina

I've never taken any female clothing through security - possibly the worst I've put through is a serrated butter knife (accidentally), a half-drunken of Coke Zero, and a 1:200 model of an Air New Zealand DC-10. Otherwise I just take my laptop out of my bag (large electronic devices have to be x-rayed separately, to verify that your laptop is really a laptop), put my bag, laptop, and my wallet and camera (I pack my Prime Ministers and phone in the carry-on bag) through the x-ray, and walk through the metal detector.

I've never had a bat of the eye for anything except the knife (which was confiscated). It's always the GG's who set off the metal detectors, and they get passed over with the wand.

Odd question, but if you are required to be frisked, you get frisked by an officer of the same gender. So who frisks you if you are dressed? If you are a male presenting as a female, does a female officer do the search or does a male officer have to (and vice versa if you are a female presenting as a male)?
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

I go through security all the time, often at a very small airport where they search everyone's bag in plain sight just a few feet from the passenger waiting area. Panties, wigs, skirts, breasts, dildos, makeup, and everything. They're very thorough. The first couple of times it was impossibly embarrassing. But, soon they were greeting me by first name and engaging me in very pleasant conversation each time. They totally know, and it doesn't bother them at all. So, why should it bother me?

At large airports, checked baggage is searched without the passenger present. As long as it's legal, there's no problem.

But, if you're not checking bags and carrying everything on? That's a different issue. Personally, no matter how little embarrassment I felt, I would not want to go through that each time. Way too much hassle.

Huh, I have a big problem with "female presenting as a male". I'm pissed off that females can wear shirts and pants 100% of the time. but men that want to wear a skirt are "weird". Unfair.

And wow, gretchenivy, you look nice. Is it a wig? I wont' pass without a wig, but don't want to go there.
    I hope to post a decent pic soon.

I worried a little from the title of the post, but thankfully it was nothing. I am flying to Missouri on sunday for my second trip as Michelle. Can't wait.
    Michelle