Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My greatest fear about being a crossdresser is...

Been there, done that! many years ago, I was crossing the street and hit by a car, an ambulance was called. I had cherry red toenails at the time, and a really bad ankle sprain. of course the first thing they did was pull my shoes and socks off to examine my foot. Very professional in there manner, and made me feel at ease. I did have a xray tech tell me the polish was a nice color, not sure what he meant by that. And when I left the hospital I saw a couple of candy stripper's looking my way and whispering back and forth, but could not here what they where saying. I have never had a doctor say they saw it in my medical files, I doubt it was mentioned since it had nothing to do with the injury. So unless you know someone personally that works there I don't think you have much to worry about.

tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda2246 View Post
    Your correct, but after dating a Nurse, I know they don't say anything at work or in front of you. But when they get home the do tell tells! LOL
    And it doesn't matter one bit. Who cares what a gossipping health care worker tells her family? You don't know them, or they you, and the effect is about the same as it has on the price of eggs on Pluto.

Err, am I the only one that doesn't see the point in wearing female underpanties? I just don't see why you should have them unless you actually have some clothing or intend for someone else to see them.

Hi Girls

My fear is wanting to go out and getting beat up....Still havent gone out

Don't worry they will be there helping. The laughing won't happen until you are at the hospital. So don't worry they will try to save your life just like anyone else.

I see things differently. If I am in an accident one day, I hope the breast forms will cushion the force of the accident and I will walk away.
    Michelle

the happy camper
    Biggest fear: That my wife will suddenly decide it's too much. Everyone else can take a flying leap, but she's my sweetheart.

Just happened - outed myself to someone I know and his new girlfriend who he wanted to introduce me to- he came into the house quietly and I was sitting in the kitchen in a wig and dress. I quickly remarked that I was just putting together a costume for a Halloween party (thank God it's October). A LITTLE AKWARD FOR A FEW MINUTES- but I changed in record time and chatted with them - very stressfull for me at first but then I thought - this is who I am and as I type this I am in a nightgown and my new blond wig - I hope they come back - that would be really interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    My greatest fear about being a crossdresser is...

That I wear panties and that one day I'll get into a car accident and the paramedics will laugh rather than help.

Does anyone else have any fears like this?
    I at the moment am wearing a mid-calf length floral dress with panties. The only reason I am wearing women's panties is that I came across several packages of them while I was rummaging through boxes that my ex-wife left behind. I certainly would not pay anything extra to buy them over conventional men's Hanes briefs.

Paramedics have a lot more things to worry about than what type of underpants someone is wearing. Now on the other hand, my wife does not wear underpants. She got "busted" when she had to take her pants off for an examination in front of a male health care professional.

I might mention also that I wear skirts, dresses, and heels - garments my current wife does not wear.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Probably all my neighbours gathering outside my home to deal with the pervert .
    And then having to explain myself to my immediate family .

Why would it be mentioned in a medical file? It's not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Been there, done that! many years ago, I was crossing the street and hit by a car, an ambulance was called. I had cherry red toenails at the time, and a really bad ankle sprain. of course the first thing they did was pull my shoes and socks off to examine my foot. Very professional in there manner, and made me feel at ease. I did have a xray tech tell me the polish was a nice color, not sure what he meant by that. And when I left the hospital I saw a couple of candy stripper's looking my way and whispering back and forth, but could not here what they where saying. I have never had a doctor say they saw it in my medical files, I doubt it was mentioned since it had nothing to do with the injury. So unless you know someone personally that works there I don't think you have much to worry about.

tina B.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Don't think they'd care.

When I worked at the hospital they brought in a guy in who was out and they thought he'd broken his back as one of the symptoms is a giant erection. They carefully strapped him down to immobilize him and when they undressed him they found a very big banana stuffed in his pants. He was just out stoned drunk.

So panties, no biggie. Just make sure they are clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going out in public and running into skinheads
    hEll

my fear is that I'll never truly be accepted for who I am, either I live life as I want and be rejected, or live how society/family/friends expect me too and feel trapped for the rest of my life, the worst case scenario is I can't choose which path is right for me, grow old with age and die feeling like I missed out...

My biggest fear is that when I get up the nerve to tell my kids that they will accept me and not have a problem with it. I don't think they would but they are the only ones that I really care about. Anyone else can accept me or not.

my biggest fear... is not having the cash to buy that lovely dress/skirt/top/etc.
    no fear about getting into a auto accident...been there done that, no problem. fool plowed into me doing 90mph.

It is funny that you say that - It is not my fear but it is my wife's - just yesterday she asked me "What if you were in an accident - they will see your panties" I said - I have painted toes, full body shave , I am in an accident and you are worried about my panties??

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    I was coming home in dress and heels when a tire exploded. I had to call the towing company to change it (I wasn't going to ruin THIS outfit!). After that, I'm not afraid of anything.

Being a full time EMT I can assure you that we'll maintain our professionalism as we see a wide variety of stuff that would not be considered normal. I think that we as a profession have a higher percentage of GLBT folks within our ranks (just an observation of mine thru all the folks I've ran with). I have plenty of friends and co-workers that are not on the straight side of life so if something ever happens to you rest assured you'll be in good hands!
    That being said, we also have a high on the job injury rate mostly due to lifting, I'd be scared to throw my back out and have to go to the hospital for an evaluation while I'm wearing panties and pantyhose under my work uniform!!! I could explain the hose easily but the panties?? I'm not worried though, I always lift the proper way and if I do pull something, I'll walk it off until the next day.

As far as fear goes, having my dad find out....he's old school and set in his ways. We were never very close until recently and I couldn't bear that kind of rejection....I'd come out to the wife before him!
    Being confronted by some shady folks to while out would definately rank up there too, haven't been out yet but when I do venture out I hope I can have an effective escape plan and avoid any unwelcomed situations.

My biggest fear, honestly, is that I will be single the rest of my life due to serious shortage of highly accepting females towards Crossdressing males. As it is I have been single the last 10 or 11 years.

I think my greatest fear is that my circumstances might change so that I was no longer able to CD on a regular basis. I don't have any scenarios for this, I just know that in this life, anything can happen.
    And the old chestnut about being in an accident and having inappropriate underwear is just... well, don't lose any sleep over it.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Spiders
    I HAVE AN OPEN MIND BUT MY BRAIN KEEPS FALLING OUT

Platinum Member
    just simple embarassment. I've always been incredibly self-conscious. this carries over into my CDing as well.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    To reply to one particular post, I wear panties almost all the time because they are a heck of a lot more comfortable then mens underwear!

Now to the main point! Having been a CD for over 70 years, I have gotten past all the so-called fears. Of course, since my late wife is no longer around to fix my wig and do my makeup I no longer go out in public as Stephanie. I still go out dressed enfemme, but looking exactly like the man that I am! Of course, I do NOT use the ladies room!! That would be stupid! I have been going out that way for over 5 years now, and have never had any problems!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!