Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heels and wheels.

To me, the shoe scuffing issue isn't a question of heel height but rather how one positions the foot. I don't go out in CD mode, but I do know what when I wear my male shoes I have to take them off when driving because I tend to twist my foot and scuff up my loafers. Nothing wrong with driving in socks. I would imagine the same would happen to anyone, GG or CD, wearing womens shoes, be they flats or heels. So why not just drive in stocking feet and put the shoes on again when you get where you are going? I'd like to think that safety on the road is more important than how one looks, particularly the feet that nobody outside the car is going to see.

Just my 2 cents worth... Karen
    Last edited by karennjcd; 10-08-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added thought

I drive in heels around town, but switch to sneakers when I'm travelling a longer distance, say more than an hour or so. This is more to protect my shoes than anything else. I believe I have learned to drive well in heels and it presents no special safety concerns.

- Diane

I double clutch my truck in in heels.
    But usulally I take the Mustang when dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Mustang with standard transmission.

Five inch heels, no problem.

Dash air conditioning vent blowing up my skirt, yahoo!
    [/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    In any case, heels are a plus for me!!!

I do love the vent blowing up my dress...

I drive in heels often.
    It's amazing, the effect that driving in heels can have on some gurls. Me, I prefer to have the windows open and let the warm summer air rush in and lift my skirt.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I'm glad some of you put safety before personal pleasure. Beats me why some of you can't wait until you get where you are going before putting on heels. In Uk I love heels but beecause I want to blend in I never wear more than 2" in town, as you very very rarely see GG's in UK wearing high heels, come to that you very rarely see them in skirts when in town for shopping or on outings. Skirts and dresses are reserved for evening outings to bars and clubs or parties. Young GG's wear jeans and older GG's wear trousers. Probally different perhaps in US, but it wasn't any different when I was last very happy in the US. Good luck to you all and drive safely.

I drive in whatever I'm wearing that day. Heels or flats, makes no difference to me, I'm just as comfortable either way.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I drive in high heels all the time and I have no problem at all.

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    I would actually prefer to drive in heels. With the way my body is . . . when I drive I have my seat raised almost as high as it will go (vertically) with the seat back almost straight up and the seat pulled forward almost as far as it will go with the steering wheel down as low as it can go. No I am not sort really I'm average but my height is divided almost evenly between my torso and legs. When I wear heels I can push my seat back a little further and down some making it more comfortable. Also the way I see it is in heels your heel is higher off the floor giving you more control over what you are doing. I cant tell you how many times I've been driving in flats and my foot will slip off the pedal sometimes even causing me to hit the brakes at the wrong time on accident. Then again I like to wear heels any chance I can get! Even if they are only an inch and a half or two inches.

[SIZE="3"]I wear, what ever I am wearing out, when I drive. The first time I drove en fem, I had on 3 inch heels. I had no problem. On longer drives, I am thinking about throwing some flats in the car. My feet and legs get uncomfortable on long drives with heels over 2 inches. [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I keep a pair of slingback heels in my truck to put on when driving, and I just love it. They are strictly for driving so if they get scuffed up it's o.k.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    I double clutch my truck in in heels.
    But usulally I take the Mustang when dressed
    My affore mentioned truck was used to knock a double wide off it's foundation, (long story) and although it;s still very driveable, the insdurence wants to toal it. The new truck I've already picked out has an auto trans.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    My affore mentioned truck was used to knock a double wide off it's foundation, (long story) and although it;s still very driveable, the insdurence wants to toal it. The new truck I've already picked out has an auto trans.
    Clarification needed:
    As you say that your "truck was used", I take it that you were not driving, whether in heels or not. We wouldn't want the wrath of the "always drive safely in flats" brigade to fall upon you.

Translation needed:
    I speak English English, although I do understand a lot of American English terms. Hood = bonnet, trunk = boot, fender = bumper, faucet = tap, sidewalk = pavement, automobile = car, line = queue, but what on earth is a "double wide"? I imagine it has nothing to do with cricket, in which the term "wide" is used when the bowler (that's the pitcher) is well off target. Not that we ever say "double wide" if two successive bowls are off target.

For the present, my head is full of visions as to what a double wide is, seeing as it has foundations.

Any how, enjoy your new truck and drive safely, in heels or flats!
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by andreah View Post
    I drive in high heels all the time and I have no problem at all.
    Famous last words.

that's my next thing to do is drive in hose and heels can't wait.My gg said she would take pictures!!!

Purely assumption but I think double wide in american terms means "mobile home" or "manufactured home" or what some refer to as a "trailer" that people live in. Hence the term "trailer park" although some live in mobile homes on acreage so there isn't any big rule for it, it just means someone's house. At least that is my California interpretation of the term double wide.

I never owned any flats until I had a herniated disc this year and heels became painful. In the past I had often kicked off my heels to drive, but now I wear the flats driving and getting in and out of the car. I save the heels for the club or wherever I am going.

Platinum Member
    I drive in heels w/o difficulty - both my women's heels and sh*t kickers. The only thing I object to is that the backs of the heels sometimes are worn by gravel embeded in the floor mat.

Both....but usually am careful not to get scuffs.....yuck!

I drive in my high heels all the time with out a problem. I own a standard tranny truck and love the amount I have to move my feet.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    As, I have posted before, I do about two 400 hundred mile trips a week, in a loaded Chrysler T & C. I find 3 to 4 inch heels to be very comfortable - they reduce my leg cramps and help my posture when sitting. I had two lumbar disks operated on 20 years ago - that is why I get cramps. Each person who has had spinal surgery has to find what works best for them. The only thing I have to watch out for is that stilletto heels will punch the carpet so I do use a heavy floor mat.

A double wide in american terms means "mobile home" or "manufactured home" that is trucked in to the property by a large semi-truck. Lately they are being used in tailer parks, but can be found on property ranging from a few acres to several hundred acres. They are manufactured elsewhere and brought to the site. A double wide is usually where the home is brought to the site in two seperate halves, then put together on some-type of foundation. Most of them are very, very nice inside. The key terms to think of is that they are modular, built usually at a factory, and trucked to the site.
    Last edited by Loveday; 10-20-2010 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Rachael View Post
    Clarification needed:
    Translation needed:
    I speak English English, although I do understand a lot of American English terms. ... but what on earth is a "double wide"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    Purely assumption but I think double wide in american terms means "mobile home" or "manufactured home" or what some refer to as a "trailer" that people live in. Hence the term "trailer park" although some live in mobile homes on acreage so there isn't any big rule for it, it just means someone's house. At least that is my California interpretation of the term double wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveday View Post
    A double wide in american terms means "mobile home" or "manufactured home" that is trucked in to the property by a large semi-truck. Lately they are being used in tailer parks, but can be found on property ranging from a few acres to several hundred acres. They are manufactured elsewhere and brought to the site. A double wide is usually where the home is brought to the site in two seperate halves, then put together on some-type of foundation. Most of them are very, very nice inside. The key terms to think of is that they are modular, built usually at a factory, and trucked to the site.
    Thanks for the American lesson. It is all clear to me now, in the UK "mobile homes" have to have wheels. Usually, once it is parked on its base/foundation a decorative skirt is built to hide the wheels and chassis. Some authorities frown upon these skirts because they hinder the mobility of the home. So mobile homes with skirts can suffer just like men in skirts.
    Rachel,

Love to to drive in heels, but learned last week that I can't manage the clutch in my new car in 5-inch heels. So, one shoe on, one shoe off. Definitely need new mats, though, as the cheap ones I put in the new car tore up the back of my heel. That, and I discovered I blew the heel tap on that same shoe. New taps are on the way and I just broke down and bought 4 pair for every size heel tap I found in the closet. I'm not going to be without replacements ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by valerieg View Post
    Love to to drive in heels, but learned last week that I can't manage the clutch in my new car in 5-inch heels. So, one shoe on, one shoe off.
    Just like in the nursery rhyme "Diddle, diddle, dumpling."
    Rachel,

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I drive in whatever I'm wearing that day. Heels or flats, makes no difference to me, I'm just as comfortable either way.
    Same for me. But I wonder how some of the gals that drive in flats only manage to change into their heels when they get to their destination while still in their cars. Especially if they are wearing strappy heels that need to be buckled up

I usually drive in my heels and yes, I've screwed up several pairs of them. I think I may take the advice of some of you ladies and get some easy on/off flats for driving. The down side is I do love the feel of driving in heels...I don't know why, it just encreases the girl factor. The up side my feet will get some rest from the heels while driving and feel better when I arrive at my destination, and ......it is probably safer to drive without the heels. just my P.O.V..