Thread: Had a nice time at the Tri-Ess meeting/support group

Had a nice time at the Tri-Ess meeting/support group

I went to my first Tri-Ess meeting today and had a nice time.

For those of you here that don't know about Tri-Ess, it's an international social and support group for heterosexual crossdressers, their partners, the spouses of married crossdressers and their families.

It was very nice to be out and dressed in a safe place with others sharing something in common. Got to talk, listen and eat good food and just hang out with other CD'ers while en femme.

The meeting/get together is held in a safe and private place where general public won't be present and for those not comfortable with being out en femme, you can even show up in drab and change once you get there and when meeting is over, if you want, you can change back to drab for your drive home.

I was so nervous when I first arrived, but everyone greeted me, was so nice and pleasant.. I went into the bathroom and change into my girl clothes, come out and felt at ease with these people.. No pressure, no fear of judgement, etc and I had a good time..

If you have a chapter near you, I recommend it. There's meetings every month.

Here's the list of chapters
    http://www.tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Tri-Ess really helped me when I first started to go out as Stacey.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I belonged to Tri-Ess and they were helpful in getting me out the door dressed at first
    Michelle

Gold Member
    Good for you Lita. I sure you will have continued fun and make new friends.

Told you it wouldn't Suck! Now, when you join National and get a little more time under your Belt, one of the added "Bennie's" is that you can visit other Chapters as a Guest. I EXPECT to see you down here in Florida, (they all seem to want to come in january...for some reason!) and I expected you to be our Guest at a Tri-Beta Meeting. What's The Name of your Local?

Tonight just got back from A party thrown by another Group, but friends of Tri-Beta. It was a delightful Party, and I don't think they wanted to break it up, even at 1:30AM and after getting thrown out. Could have gone on to The Castle, and probably stayed out all night. But, I am old and My Bod won't tolerate that anymore. My Point? You will now gain entrée' into other places and get to do lots of different things with people whom you might find different from yourself. Simple Advise is DO IT! Learn and Grow! You will not regret it. Next Saturday Club Meeting, and a Big Holiday Party The Saturday after that, with just about everybody in our Local Trans Community participating. Seems like The More Joanie goes out, the better we like it!

So glad you took that first step!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    what's the name of your local?
    tau sigma nu epsilon

I would love to visit a Tri-Ess meeting. How do you go about it?

Laurin

I live in austin and have tried to find out more info and when they meet cant seewm to get any responce from anyone and its not from lack of trying
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by laurincd View Post
    I would love to visit a Tri-Ess meeting. How do you go about it?

Laurin
    email the contact listed for the chapter nearest you and tell them you're a crossdresser and are interested in learning about their group and are considering joining and would like to attend a meeting to see if it's something you'll enjoy being a part of. That's what I did. I got email back from the chairperson telling me that I'll need to have an informal interview/meeting with another member before being allowed to attend.. this is a security precaution in order to protect members from harm, exposure, etc as the group wishes to keep meeting locations and its members very confidential... So, I met with a member in drab.. we talked about the group, about me, etc and then I got emailed back later the same night telling me where the meeting is and how to get there and I went.

It was a nice mix of age ranges and style of dressing, etc.. but ALL the people were so nice and pleasant.

I have tried 3 times to get in contact with the local chapter here in St Paul nobody has responded yet.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    I live in austin and have tried to find out more info and when they meet cant seewm to get any responce from anyone and its not from lack of trying
    Carrie, I've been to some of the Austin Tri-Ess meetings. If you like I could send you some information.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8