Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What started you on the path to crossdressing? (survey)

What started you on the path to crossdressing? (survey)

A little survey for all of us.

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing?
    2) Have you told anyone?
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress?
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?
    8) Have you ever ventured out?
    9) What was the general reaction?
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?
    11) Why do you dress?
    12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?

I'll start.

For me, Crossdressing started when I became curious as to what a pair of my mother's red flats would look and feel like on my feet. Turns out, they felt great, and I soon moved on to skirts, pantyhose, dresses, bras, panties, etc.

I just told my mom a few weeks ago, and then told my brother and dad. My mom said that she had known for a long time now. They've been totally accepting, and my mom even said that I would have full access to her closet once we moved out of my aunt and uncles house.

My favorite article of clothing/outfit would have to be a velvet/ velour skirt and long sleeved shirt, from when I went to school totally dressed as a girl, makeup and all, for a spirit week event. Bless the person who thought of opposite sex day.

I can't dress freely for the moment. I recently moved into an aunt and uncle's house for a few months with my family, and they don't know about my crossdressing. I have a feeling that they would kick us out of the house if they knew, too.

My mom has known and encouraged me for a long time now, even before I told her. I didn't know that she knew, but probably should have taken a hint when she explained to me as to how to apply makeup, lip plumper, and tips on removing mascara with baby oil.

I started by myself. It was a nice thing to be able to do, and very exciting when there was nobody in the house. When my mom would wonder where most of her new tube of lipstick had gone, nobody would know.

With the exception of Opposite sex day once in high school three years ago, I've never been out. I wouldn't know what the reaction would be.

I STRONGLY hinted about my dressing toward a friend in high school once. we were having a conversation about halloween plans, and she had suggested that we switch roles, with her being the guy, and me being her ****ty "Girlfriend". She told me that she was going to buy me an entire outfit, shoes and all (She was wealthy enough to do so), and that her mom was going to teach me to walk like a woman. I got overexcited, and asked her if we could go to a beauty salon and get our hair and nails done. She kind of lost my number after that.

I dress because it feels nice. The feeling of nylons over shaved legs, the swish of a skirt over those legs, the feel of a bra, the constricting feeling of panties, the alien feel of lipstick on my lips, and the empowering click of heels on wood floors, just feels great.

I'd get a red blouse, black silk or velvet skirt, a pair of sheer pantyhose, and a pair of 3-1/2 inch red pumps. The mani/pedi would be done with red polish, and the hair and makeup would be left up to the stylist. With all of this, I could probably pass REALLY well, and would go out for a day as Tara.

What about you?
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

1) After coming clean to my wife about my love for wearing panties, she said I should dress up as a girl for Halloween and I've been in pink fog ever since... but I did wear my sisters clothes alot when I was young too.. then suppose it all got repressed til coming out again.

2) Yes. Besides my wife and my youngest daughter I told my gay male cousin, my best friend and his wife, a gay male friend, a close male friend and a female friend.
    3) All were accepting and I'm really shocked at the support and acceptance however, my cousin seemed more confused than anything.

4) Leotards and one piece swimsuits.. nylon/spandex and anything tight and shiny

5) Yes

6) My wife does sometimes

7) By my self

8) Yes, four times so far

9) No reactions

10) I'm not sure yet, but assume somebody will once I finally tell them, if I do.

11) Because I love being female.. I love looking pretty, I love the clothes, the hair, the makeup, the shoes, how it all makes me feel like this is the real me I was supposed to be.. it just feels so much better than how I felt before coming out and realizing this part of me was repressed.. had I discovered my true self when I was young, chances are that today I would of been posting as a fully transitioned post op.

12) I'll wear anything so long as it's feminine, pretty and looks good on me and I can go out in public wearing it.. I'd just be happy to have the pro makeup artist make me more beautiful and able to pass Then I'd go out and be ME

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    1) Due to spacial constraints my mother kept her dresses in my bedroom closet when I was a child. Being able to reach in and touch them when I pleased, crawl up inside them and feel them around me helped form my joy for such things.

2) Just my wife.

3) She was surprised (I told her within the first month or so of dating) but not too shocked.

4) Panties and panty hose as they were the main items I had access to. I truly longed for a dress and some heels, though.

5) I am able to dress when my wife is not home and she will afford me time if I so desire. Not able to dress when she is here.

6) No.

7) By myself.

8) Underdressed, yes. Fully dressed, no.

9) n/a

10) Given the above, not really.

11) I enjoy the feel and look of the more feminine materials - satin, nylon, lace, silk, rayon - and truly do love the feminine form and figure.

12) I would certainly enjoy a wedding gown and all the trimmings. As my wife would not want to see me in such things I would simply have a few photos taken and enjoy the day.

A curiosity as to womens clothes, what they where and what they felt like to wear.

2) Have you told anyone?

Yes my wife and best friend. I suspect some of my wife's friends know too but she speaks in her language to them and not English so there is no way to be sure of this.

MY wife accepts but does not approve and has set limits on what I can do and when. My friend was accepting with no issues I know of.

4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?

Anything satin was and still is a firm favourite. I now have a thing for heeled boots (ankle and calf) as well as nice loose fitting tops and long cardigans.

No. My wife as set strict limits due to her views and us having a daughter. I do get chances to dress at home but only when my daughter is asleep and my wife is working late.

No. It was and is purely my own choice.

7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?

I was alone and still am in that respect.

Yes, see my post in this forum regards to this.

But I do not try and pass as female. I go out in public looking like a man in womens clothes. No wig or make up. So this makes it a lot harder. I have short spikey hair which I do not try and hide, and sometimes I go out in female clothes with unshaven with stubble on my face.

Most people stare and look at you oddly but ignore you. As long as you are not a threat to them they have no reason to interact with you. Some people are noticeably uncomfortable with it and I understand. Again it is made harder for them by my not trying to pass as female.

It is harder to dress in bigger crowds or with children around for me. Again because I am not trying to look female and you can tell in a glance I am as male as the guy in the suit next to me, it does make things harder both me but this is my choice and I accept this.

My wife, but she understands it is part of me and accepts she cannot change it.

11) Why do you dress?

Why shouldn't men wear female clothes?

I do not see why men should have such a limited amount of clothes and styles that we do. We should have the same freedom of expression clothes wise that women do. They make a statement as to who they are with clothes yet men cannot. I dress in public to try and fight this lack of equality.

I also dress for comfort reasons. Both in terms of comfort for wearing the clothes as they are a lot nicer in terms of movement and fabric. Also for mental comfort as they make me relax and feel normal.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?

I would not accept it. This is my thing, I would prefer not to have someone help me with it. Also my tates change as I discover myself so there is not "perfect" clothes I would want. With my occasional public dressing I am seeing my tastes change towards stuff I can wear in public without drawing masses of attention to myself.

Klaire

Curiousity, I knew girls wore different underwear and I was curious, everything else went from there...
    2) Have you told anyone?
    my mom 3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?
    no, she has religious and personal reasons for opposing me wanting to be a woman.
    when starting out it was just underwear
    I dress in my room at night, no one bothers me I can't really dress freely though as my family is very conservative.
    no
    I did it by myself, in private.
    no
    N/A
    when I was younger my whole family found out and they all strongly disapproved
    11) Why do you dress?
    I feel happier and freer when I dress as a woman, liberated, and closer to what I wish to one day become...
    makeup so I could find out what makeup I should use to practice putting on make up each day without others finding out I'm wearing make up...

I think it was a blue sparkly leotard my sister had when I was young. I can remember trying it on when I was about 5 or 6. That and a Belle costume from Beauty and the Beast that my sister had.

2) Have you told anyone?
    No, I have never openly told anyone about my dressing. My sister found me in some of her clothing a few times through middle school but I have never talked to her about it.

Those times that my sister did find me wearing her clothes she would get really mad at me and start screaming at me. Granted she did have some anger issues when she was young. I have never gotten around that and to talking to her since all the open hostility.

Hmmm, it would probably have to be a black padded teen bra that my sister had years and years ago. It was black with pink straps and a pink rose with a green stem on the left side.

I can dress, but I don't know that I would call it freely. As I'm still living at home I am restricted to dressing when nobody else is home or late at night when they are all asleep.

Sadly no.

It was all me.

Can't say that I have gone out in public. I have gone hiking in a girls bathing suit before.

Nobody saw me.

N/A

11) Why do you dress?
    I love the feel of girls clothing... I don't really know all the ins and outs of why I dress. I just know I started doing it when I was really young and have done it ever since. Loved every minute of being dressed all along the way.

I would take a wig and I think I would go through with the professional make up, mani and pedi simply for the experience. I have no desire to do that normally.
    As for clothing, I think I would take one of those ankle length, layered cotton skirts. Some cork heeled strap sandals, a nice fitted tee shirt or tank top/cami. A nice necklace and bracelet. Of course a nice pair of bikini/hipster panties and a bra would be in order. Probably wouldn't want forms for that particular outfit, but a free pair of forms would be great!
    I think I would probably go walking through a field by a stream. Then take of the shoes and jump around on the rocks in and around the stream. Then end the adventure in a hammock with a good fantasy book.
    (that sounds like a really good day now that I picture it)

-----i do not know, i have always loved womans clothing.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    -----my mom knows loni and helps her.
    -----i do not know at first, but my mom did have a distance relatve to "check" to see if i was gay. he was a gay man.
    -----i loved the feel of my sisters boots. felt so great putting my feet inside of them.
    -----what is freely? out in the front/back yard no very often, but in side no problem, out and about to a limted amount.
    -----no
    -----all by my self, my wife went off the wall when she found out.
    -----yes and it is great.
    -----most just do not care, i have heard some words, early on i was followed by a gang of black boys making some nasty commints. i was in the "wrong" part of town. not bad part just wrong.
    -----only know is part of answer to #9
    11) Why do you dress?
    -----It just feels right, i am a man, will always be a man, but i love the styles and texture of the softer things made for women.
    -----a cute top knee length skirt, 2-3 in heels, sheer hosiery, med length hair done up in a frost and semi streight. and i would wear it to the fullest. maybe to school (i am taking a class as loni).
    Last edited by az_azeel; 10-11-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: removed the full quoted post so that your post now makes sense

Just felt the urge at age 12 or 13.

2) Have you told anyone?
    Apart from the people on this forum, only my wife

She is accepting, but not ecstatic.

As a teenager I loved my dark blue denim mini skirt and pink T-shirt

Can only dress during the weekdays when the wife is at work, and kids at school

No

Only ever by myself

Yes, quite frequently these days

Neither here nor there really. A few looks, but generally people don't really care. Sometimes get the big from other shoppers at the mall.

Only the wife, she's rather I didn't dress, but understands that I have the need to.

11) Why do you dress?
    Because it's the best fun I can have with my clothes on

Gorgeous ball gown, and have a pro photo shoot

Tash

ok..here I go
    [IWhat started me crossdressing were the wonderful shoes that my stepmother had..they had a thick block heel about 3.5 inches, and a 1/2 inch platform and round toe. They were black patent and made by a company that is no longer around[/I]

2) Have you told anyone?
    My entire immediate family knows that I dress, along with my wife

The initial reaction of my family was one of "you need to stop this" and then they just left it alone...actually, one of my sisters and I used to wear heels in the house and play catch, watch tv, study, and just walk around when no one else was home. My wife's first reaction came with tears, then questions, and then a whole lot of understanding

For me, I guess it was the typical black short skirt with nude pantyhose...the shoes were my stepmothers...I wish that I could just find those shoes today - still think about them from time to time, especially when posts like this occur

Up till recently, for the last few years I could dress whenever I wanted, but with the kids getting older, and my wife not wanting them to find out, it gets harder and harder to dress on a daily basis. I do, however, wear shoes every night, and a little Maria time is always enjoyed

Only my wife, but not as 100% as others...just a bit from time to time

I started all by myself

When I was younger and not married, I would go out at night, dressed, by myself and walk around the city for a little bit. The excitement of walking, listening to my heels was great. I also used to go out around my neighborhood for just a quick walk for 20 minutes or so....I recently met with a sister from here for a chat, but that seemed to have gone the "wayside"

I never had a negative reaction to my going out yet

Only some of the family members, but they didn't talk to me much about it

11) Why do you dress?
    I dress because it is part of me...Maria is a part of me, and she helps to make my persona, and actually, though many do not realize it, Maria helps me to make decisions in my life, and she affects how I feel...basically my feminine side

I would love a knee length cocktail dress, a pair of Prive Louboutin shoes, and the silkiest nude color stockings that you can buy for me. I would love to attend a party with all of my fellow sisters, and just get to know everyone there.

betrayed by girls, loneliness.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes, people at work, but they have no problems with it (my personel life anyway).
    They don't really care, since it has nothing to do with their lifes or my work performance, they thought CDing is my new trent.
    Black & gray. Mainly office ladies kind of clothes. Black flat heels.
    I live in the basement, i can dress anytime that I want
    NO!
    All by myself.
    NO.
    N/A
    N/A
    11) Why do you dress?
    When i am under stress & feeling lonely.
    No free lunch in this world

The woman I am one day made it clear, that if I talked the talk and walked the walk I should get dressed and make it look right.

2) Have you told anyone?

I have told my spouse, several of my friends, and my daughter.

My spouse and friends were not surprised and generally they said I can see that. My daughter told me after the revelation "enough said" indicating that I was her dad, period.

I wore my mothers undergarments and slips as far back as 8 years old. During the years, guiltily garments of my spouse but never fully dressed. I never had a favorite article but rather this somewhat nebulous image of being a woman, which included colors, textures and softness.

I am dressed 15/24 during the week and 24/24 on weekends (who would want to be naked). I cross dress as a man during work hours.

I now believe that my mother subtly encouraged me without knowing. She liked me in clothes somewhat flamboyant and colorful throughout my childhood and adolescence. My spouse is very encouraging. She is my greatest source of inspiration and knowledge.

My spouse helped

Although not in my home community, I go out all the time on weekends.

People notice but more because I am freakishly tall at 6'4", with heels I am 6'8". They look at me and then they look again, I smile, they smile back and all is good.

No

11) Why do you dress?

Can't go naked and I am a woman

Hair, Make-up, and nails by Fred my stylist. I don't need forms except some enhancers. A gorgeous cocktail sheath, black, pearls, sheer nude pantyhose, 4 inch suede pumps. Theatre, dinner, on the town with my spouse; awesome
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Started young, wearing mothers heels at age 4, dressing at age 10, going out at age 15....

2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes, wife knew prior to marraige.

She was ok pre-marraige, then found out how addicted I was and suspected I wanted a man. Been downhill ever since.

A red skin tight body sweater of my sisters.

I could but choose not to due to children.

No, with the exception of a pychatrist at the age of 17-18

By myself.

Yes, felt a compulsion to be seen.

Laughter, ridicule during teen years. Attracted men in late teens, early twenties.

Yes, everyone.

11) Why do you dress?
    It felt good, loved the process, loved the attention.

Something sexy for sure.

I'm going for the fairly bland answer of... I saw some female clothes lying around when I was kid, picked them up, put them on, enjoyed it and the cycle begun.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    I haven't directly told anyone in particular but I have hinted strongly in that direction to a number of people and I doubt they would be suprised if I were to tell them.
    As I say above, I haven't directly told anyone yet but I imagine I would recieve a reaction of lack of suprise intermingled with acceptance and a hint of indifference.
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?Dresses, skirts, shoes, make up. Essentially anything I was able to lay my hands on.
    I am able to dress as freely as I please.
    I have had female friends 'convincing' (as if it took any) me to dress up etc. for nights out.
    By myself.
    Yep
    Generally positive and I was even propositioned which was nice I guess.
    Not that anyone actually knows of it to my knowledge but if they did and they disapproved of it I would be unlikely to be spending a great deal of time with them from that point onwards.
    11) Why do you dress?
    Simply because I enjoy it and don't really see myself as limited to one style of dressing.
    Dunno really. Stylish, simple and lets face it, short, black dress, stylish and simple underwear and hoisery, stylish and simple hair, stylish and simple make-up (if you hadn'y guessed by now, I'm a fan of the stylish and simple look). I don't really know how I would use the outfit, *shrugs shoulders* go out in it I guess (probably somewhere stylish and simple tbf).

Quote Originally Posted by Tara in the closet View Post
    This I still don't know since it happened when I was 5. All that I can remember is playing dress up in some dresses at kinderarden.

2) Have you told anyone?
    I told my wife and many others now. Some accepting and some not. My wife wasn't accepting but she has come around now.

Above

Any thing I could find especially bras and panties

Yes - but I do have a few limits because my kids don't want to see me. So I do have consider them when I do dress, but since they don't llve with me it is a bit easier.

No - In fact everyone discouraged it.

I did all by myself

I go out all of the time. In fact I flew last night to Springfield MO

I have never had any adverse reactions. I have had a few people notice me and that's ok.

My wife at first but now no.

11) Why do you dress?
    I like it and it is a part of me.

things just like I buy now. Nothing would change
    Michelle

Without doing all the questions, here are a few answers:
    I started at the ripe old age of 63 or so , when I saw a sweet young thing prancing along effortlessly in 4" black patent leather high heels. I wanted to see how it would feel to walk in them so I bought a pair online. Hmm, difficult. And too high for me. But then I figured I should shave my legs to "go with " them while I struggled trying them out. Then I needed a skirt........ and so on. Ten years later I am much happier and quite comfortable in 3" heels. Been out in public just a few times with mixed results. Last time out was last year when I made several trips to the drug store, grocery store, etc. Got some "ma'ams" and also got a couple of hard looks. Enuff to make me uncomfortable repeating it since then. Two of my neighbors know - The Colonel next door is OK with it, but says he does not want to see me in femme mode. A lady down the street was quite approving and even complimented me. Wife & I live apart for other reasons - I told her and she now chooses to ignore the subject - fine with me.

I just wanted to wear girl's cloths

2) Have you told anyone?

My So and one of my best friends

My So was shocked at first but she's accepting. She even helps me pick out make up. My friend thought it was awesome and she's very encouraging.

I had this jacket that I loved to snuggle up in

Once my dad goes to bed at night I'm free to do whatever

Not at first, but the people I came out to do, and so do the friends I have made here

No. I was alone

Only into my backyard

N/A

Well my Dad is/was a neo nazi. even we've never talked about it its safe to say he disaproves

11) Why do you dress?

I like feeling like a pretty girl.

I've always wanted to be a naughty school girl with stockings, a short plaid skirt, tied up white shirt, and ribbons in my hair. I would take lots of pictures and walk around in public and act really flirty.
    hEll

At last we can pick and chose which questions to answer. I chose number 11.

11) Why do you dress?

Its an art from and I'm the artist.
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-11-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even though I'm married, I have boyfriends on occasion which my wife knows about. Once, on my way to a boyfriend's place I bought some panties on a lark for the sexual thrill. Imagine my thrill when I discovered there was this whole part of me that I hadn't known about.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes. I told my wife (how could I not?) and a few girlfriends.
    My wife was stunned at first, and has slowly, in fits and starts, come to accept it. My one close girlfriend was really excited, and now she's also my shopping/dressing partner.
    At first I strictly underdressed, and my faves were boyshorts, thigh-highs, and garter belts.
    Yes, I dress relatively freely. My wife prefers me to do it when she's not home, and I'm a stay-at-home dad and work from home, so there's plenty of opportunity to let Molly out to play.
    See above under "close girlfriend."
    All by myself.
    Yes. Just once to my shrink appointment then to a coffee house after. I'll definitely do it again.
    My shrink and my wife were supportive and comforting. A pretty girl smiled at me when I got coffee, so I guess that's supportive
    Not really, although my wife has a complicated relationship with my dressing.
    11) Why do you dress?
    Like I stated earlier, it started off as a sexual thing. As I dressed more, it became less about sex and more about, well, being me. I've got a serious depression/anxiety problem, and the only times I feel truly good about myself are when I'm making/creating (writing, building, repairing something) or when I'm all dolled up as Molly. My shrink and I are working on what exactly that means
    Here's what I would pick:
    Black up-do wig with a scarf tied in it
    Tailored ladies' western shirt with pearl snaps
    Dark indigo denim pedal pushers/clam diggers with broad cuffs
    A pair of really cute red or black patent maryjane heels and some cute ruffly socks to go with
    A full wax/mani-pedi
    Nice forms and a sexy vintage bra.
    I'd then take rockabilly Molly to the Dirty Show here in Detroit, which is a fabulous erotic art and performance show.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Nobody told me there was going to be a quiz today.

I started crossdressing when I was around 11 or 12 because I wanted to be a girl

2) Have you told anyone?

The only person I've told is my therapist. My wife and daughters know because my wife found a picture of me and showed it to my daughters so I never told them but we have talked about it.

Yes, they have been very accepting.

At first I loved to wear pantyhose. Nowdays, it's skirts.

Since my wife doesn't want to see me dressed I only dress on days she's at work.

Yes, When I first wanted to go out I contacted Tri-Ess and they were very supportive.

I did go on a shopping trip with someone but mostly it's been by myself.

Yes, many times.

No problems at all.

No

11) Why do you dress?

Because I want to see myself as a woman

I would use my outfit to bring world peace.

Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I don't really know how exactly it happened. I just remember the feeling of my mom's pantyhose on my legs and the rest is history!

2) Have you told anyone?
    Never outright at least. My wife knows I like to wear pantyhose, but she's already made it crystal clear that she doesn't want it to go any farther.

I would say no to a point. My wife dressed me up for Halloween 10 years ago, and again insisted that it doesn't go any farther.

Pantyhose, my mom always wore Legg's Sheer Energy, it's still one of my favorites. I also like anything in blue!

No I can't, unless my wife is working overnight and our daughter is away at a family members house for the night.

No one.

Again I had no one except for the Halloween bit where my wife dolled me up.

Twice, first was the Halloween party and the second happened a few weeks ago when I took a short drive en femme.

I got plenty of compliments from my female co-workers at the time....simply blissful!

Wife and I'm sure my parents if they knew!

11) Why do you dress?
    It's fun! It makes me happy and It brings out a totally different side of me that I truly like.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit
    Most definately! I would like some kind of 40's - 50's period dress blue/silver/black in color, nude pantyhose, "T" strap heels (2-4 inches), a nice brunette wig, and whatever else needed to bring Shelly out to life! I would want to go out maybe to a club or a support group meeting....where ever Shelly would be welcomed!

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    What started you on the path to crossdressing? (survey)

An early memory was wanting lipstick because my sisters were getting it put on. Then, I remember always trying to sneak into a pair of my aunt's boots when I was six or seven. And grabbing onto her legs when she would visit because her pantyhose felt good when I'd touch her legs (Again, I was really young).

2) Have you told anyone?
    No, but I did hint about it a lot to a female friend. She always wanted to put me in clown-face, but I was too nervous to "push it." Oh, well...

N/A

My aunt's brown zippered boots with a 2" heel...

I can't dress. If fact, it's been two years since I have, and urge to dress is unbelievable.

No, the aforementioned friend's "clown face" offer was the closest I ever came.

All By Myself. Just like the song.

No.
    N/A

N/A, but there's be plenty who WOULD disapprove...

11) Why do you dress?
    So many reasons. I'll admit that a good deal of it is sexual. There's also the feel of the clothes and the gradual transformation into Dawna that I love. I like the "taboo" aspect somewhat. Those are but the basics. I won't bore you with the others...

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?[/B]

I'd like this wig (or better yet, hairstyle): http://www.wilshirewigs.com/BEGUILE-...h-pr-2744.html, 3/4" to 1" manicured nails with matching toes. Night-time makeup (sexy but not TOO flashy) and long earrings. A nice silky blouse with a knee-length skirt (or similar in dress form), silky sheer hose, and 4" heels. Sorry about the link, I just didn't know how else to describe the hairstyle...

And I think I'd like to experience being on a non-sexual date with a man, just to see what it would be like...

1. I would say an overwhelming need to be as different as I could be to my much hated, non identical twin brother, but this may just be me trying to justify myself.
    2. Yes, My late wife knew, my now adult children know, most of the neighbours know, a good number of my friends know, and now my GF knows (see thread The Sun has got its hat on)
    3. Most have been accepting if not exactly supportive, but overall the reaction has been very good.
    4. Any skirt or dress, usually my sister's, but never never ever my Mother's, that I could get hold of.
    5. Yes
    6. Not that I can remember
    7. Essentially DIY
    8. Yes
    9. Nobody seems to take much notice
    10. Yes, just the one neighbour.
    11. Because I want to, and I can.
    12. Sounds good, my choice would depend on what events were coming up, so that it could be something entirely appropriate.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Dreaming about my wedding (aged 7) where I was the bride

2) Have you told anyone?

Lots of people now, starting with a GG at work who had more-or-less guessed

She encouraged me, a little later I told my 88 year old dad - he was marvellous, apologised for not seeing the torment that I had made such a good job of hiding then assured me that whatever else, I will always be his child

This is nearly half a century ago, so I'm not sure I can remember that far back. I think I tried on my (ex)sister's hot pants, but they didn't really suit me then she (and hence I) graduated to midi skirts which were better

I am full-time now, so yes I dress fairly freely

Only the GG last Xmas, no-one for the previous 46 years

All by myself. After I accepted myself last year, if I saw something that I thought I could wear, I bought it and changed into it for the journey home late at night.

Yes, I went out dressed shortly after I decided that I could no longer fight this. I was hoping that it would shame me out of my need, but reinforced it instead.

A couple of people asked to have their photo taken with me, and a GG complimented me on having the courage to be who I really am (her words).

Not in the last 2 years. Quite a while before that I had been involved with a religious group who believe that anything other than binary gender heterosexuality is the result of sinful choice. They disapproved. I also suppressed it for nearly 10 years because I thought political colleagues would disapprove - they turned out to be amongst the most supportive.

11) Why do you dress?

Because I am a woman trapped in a man's body

It would have to be something appropriate for my age and that I could wear for work in the office. I would probably go for reds and creams as they seem to suit me.

My hair is still a bit short, so I'd stick with the ruby red hair done in a bob or tousled, probably silver chandelier earrings, a cream-coloured choker, frilly darker red blouse, lacey red bra, cream belt on a scarlet knee-length skirt, dark black tights, wet look red calf-length boots, silver bracelets and sparkly red fingernails.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-16-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: clarification
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

1) i used to play dress up with my 2 older sisters, then i started playing dress up when i was home alone later. now i still like to play dress up =-)

2) my wife, the sales associates at 2 stores i frequent.

3) the wife has been ok but doesnt want to be involved. the SA's at the consignment shop gave me an odd look the first time in, but they were generally helpfull. when i showed up enfemme they were all smiles and talked to me like i was one of the girls even though they knew i was me.

4) i used to love my sisters plaid pleated schoolgirl outfit. i had one of my high school cheerleaders outfits that i used to parade around in when home alone

5) i only dress when alone anymore but then i go out.

6) my wife did once a long time ago when we were dating but that was long before i told her i cd'd on my own

7) with my sisters when very young but then later and now only by my self

8) 6-8 times

9) i was laughed at by teenage boys twice, once in sears and once at another local department store. i recieved a double take from a teenage girl at the McD's drive through, she mad me laugh(in my guy laugh). Wal-Mart was uneventfull both times but i didnt go to a register(i chicken out sometimes).

10) my wife now

11) it relieves stress to be someone all new. it feels good to be pretty.

12) it would definitely be a stylish business suit, i have always wanted to walk down the sidewalk in a city during a busy lunchtime crowd dressed as the average business woman.

As far back as I can remember, I have always felt that I should have been born female, and just started wearing my sisters clothes.

2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes, my mother, two brothers and a few friends.

No. They have not spoken to me in years, except for one friend.

A black dress my sister tried to throw out and I rescued. It fit me perfect!

Not currently! Living with my father right now and no way would he approve.

No

By myself

Yes

I've been heckled, twice, some stares, other wise, no reaction.

Yes

11) Why do you dress?
    If I had been completely honest about my true self when I was younger, and not trying to make others happy by being who they wanted me to be, I am 100% sure that today I would be living my life as a fully transitioned post op.

If I really had to choose, the shoes, but I'd be content with anything they would give me.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]