Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What started you on the path to crossdressing? (survey)

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing? Discovering a hanger bag in the attic with some of my sister's formal gowns inside

2) Have you told anyone? Don't have to tell, everyone can see.

3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction? Everything from people yelling "faggot" out of car windows to outspoken compliments. Most people pay no more attention than if I were wearing blue jeans.

4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? A maroon taffeta gown in the attic.

5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress? Out and proud, sometimes loud, and know what to do if I draw a crowd.

6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing? Several lesbian women in the congregation of the Unity church I went to in my last town. Many people at Rainbow Gatherings. Strangers on the street in Asheville, North Carolina. I could go on.

7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How? All by my lonesome in the beginning.

8) Have you ever ventured out? How about driving from Sedalia, Missouri to San Jose, California?

9) What was the general reaction? Indifference

10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing? Aforementioned people in cars driving by, one woman in another Unity church that I went to before I became an Episcopalian.

11) Why do you dress? The colors, the textures, the breezes wafting up my legs.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit? I'd turn down the makeup and the hairdressing and the fake boobs, but I would take a floral print dress by Laura Ashley. I'd wear it to church.

1. Playing dress up with my sisters.

2. Yep! A few female friends and my g/f know. No family though.

3. All accepting....figured they would be, otherwise I wouldn't have told them. Some love, others are passive.

4. That's tough.....probably my knee high converse boots.

5. Relatively freely. Can't for work.

6. Not really. It's a freedom!

7. Solo

8. Yep. Go out once in a while.

9. Got a few looks, but what are ya gonna do. Mostly compliments I think

10. Not where I was at. They can go shove it if they did

11. Challenge and its fun. A challenge to not be who you're "supposed" to be, a challenge to pass, and so much fun in the process!

12. I want this: http://www.cyberclubwear.co.uk/dance...my-p-2063.html I think the use explains itself in the picture!

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar

OK, I'll Play

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing? No idea ~ I was so young.
    2) Have you told anyone? Yes. maybe a dozen ggs
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction? No-one ran away screaming. No-one avoided me as a result of knowing
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? Probably a slip. My sister's tutu.
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress? No. Wife doesn't like it, kids don't know.
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing? Like most others, sadly, no.
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How? I'm a self-made woman. Before venturing out, I had a makeup lady come by to do my makeup, help pick an outfit, and accompany me. I did this maybe 6 times.
    8) Have you ever ventured out? See #7. I first went out five years ago; since then, it's been too rare ~ fewer than 20 times, including a "flying pretty" day.
    9) What was the general reaction? None. One woman at a restaurant laughed. One woman in the mall stared until I smiled and waved.
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing? I'm sure. No-one has said anything. I bet Carl Paladino disapproves.
    11) Why do you dress? Sure. Like I know.
    12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit? An EXPENSIVE dress. All I own are under $30.

What started you . . .

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing?

Women's shoes. They look so elegant and graceful in a pair of high heels. (Most of them do anyways.)

2) Have you told anyone?

My Mother, Aunt, and two of my female cousins. Others may suspect.

3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?

My Mother and Aunt are in a way. My Mother helped me get ready a few Hallowens ago and she seemed to enjoy teaching me about makeup. My Aunt has never seen me dressed. Out of the two female cousins only one of them has seen me dressed and she loved it; she even confided that she wished that she had been born male. The other cousin was, for a while. We do not talk much any longer.

4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?

A pair of my Mother's high heeled wood soled sandals. Definitely 70's hot, but not so much now.

5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress?

I can dress freely in my room (live with parents) and for right now that is enough.

6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?

No, not really.

7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?

Started on my own just trying out a pair of my Mother's shoes to see what they felt like, and I progressed from there. At first it was sort of sexual in nature but now it just feels right for me.

8) Have you ever ventured out?

A public Halloween party when I was 26 or 27.

9) What was the general reaction?

Absolutely none, that is until people began to learn who I was. Then there was a lot of rather confused stares that lasted for about an hour. After that it was all good.

10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?

Not knowingly. Some of my extended family and friends have made their views on 'alternative' lifestyles known.

11) Why do you dress?

As I said above, it began with some sexual aspects but since has developed into a way to feel better and more 'me'.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?

Tie. A nice simple and feminine dress or skirt outfit that I could wear out for a shopping trip and a nice casual lunch, or, a dress/outfit suited for a day visiting art galleries and the like. Sorry, I am not much of a 'clubbing' girl.

Joyously 27
    Having an inquiring mind and sisters, once I tried on a Bra I was a member of the club.

Watching my mother getti ng ready interested me. When I began trying on clothing and makeup early in childhood, I never let go

2) Have you told anyone?
    My Wife
    Shocked, however not completely accepting. Doesn’t want a part in it
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? Pantyhose

I don’t have the time to dress freely with young kids and my family to support.

No
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?
    Actually, I began by myself and experimented. I have only used a full transformation service one time

No
    None
    None
    11) Why do you dress?
    I love the Glamour and feeling sexy. I love the way I look when the transformation in complete. It is so fun to play with makeup and change your look up.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?
    I would wear a form fitting dress. I love my red head look…makes me feel so Hollywood. Pair of peep toe high heels. Of course can’t forget the hose. I would work the outfit with great accessories, great nails and attitude.

I converted jeans into skirts, and then I bought some denim skirts.

2) Have you told anyone?

That is no secret - I have my skirts, dresses, and heels in plain sight in the closet and wear those clothes regularly.

It varies by the person. Some can look at me wearing a dress and not blink an eye. Others go ballistic when they see me wearing just a denim skirt with men't clothes otherwise.

4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?
    Denim skirts

Yes for the most part I can dress freely.

No.

I did it myself.

Yes. I do so quite frequently.

Varies by the person. For the most part people don't seem to pay that much attention.

A few people go unreasonably ballistic when I am wearing just a denim skirt with a man's shirt and a man's pair of shoes, let alone a full-bore dress.

11) Why do you dress?
    I like a bit of variety - men's clothing is quite boring as a whole.
    - I get tired of the "birdbreast" look of the formal coat and tie outfit.
    - Men's shoes are quite boring. There is almost no variety of heel heights in men's shoes.
    - Men's sandals tend to be dead flat. I find that my 4 inch stiletto sandals are a bit more comfortable than my men's dead flat Earth Shoe sandals I bought in the 1970's
    Skirts and dresses [I never wear women's pants or shorts] there is no wedge of cloth to jam against the "boys" downstairs.
    A dress also does not bind at the waist.
    I guess I'm a bit different from most of the members of this forum in that at no time do I think of myself as a woman. I think of myself as a man 100 percent of the time. I would describe myself as a "freestyler" instead of a crossdresser.

I would take everything except the forms - I think forms are fake. I also don't need them. I might take a black form fitting dress and black sheer pantyhose along with 3.5 inch red stiletto pumps. I could stand to have a corset (nothing too tight) to take care of my not-too-big gut. As far as my hair is concerned, style the hair in the usual way I have done, but dye the hair blond. I would have dark red polish on my fingernails, dark red lipstick, and my standard black polish on my toenails.

After all that is done, I still would talk in my masculine voice [perhaps softened and more breathy] and walk in my usual stride as much as I could do with those shoes.

I would go to a concert after getting the outfit.
    Last edited by JohnH; 10-16-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Platinum Member
    1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing? In my case, I think its genetic or developmental...something that's been with me since I was born.2)
    Have you told anyone? Yes, my wife, sister and a small number of female friends.
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction? Very supportive in every case. Mostly curious about Why. Of course, I can only partially answer the why.
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? pantyhose & panties
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress? I dress freely at home most of the time (except recently - have a daughter back in the house)
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing? My wife

7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How? All by myself - I learned a lot by watching my wife, looking through catalogues and later the internet.
    8) Have you ever ventured out? Barely - I've gone for evening walks en femme a couple of times and worn women's tops, light make up and open toe sandals w/3" heels to department stores, restaurants bars, movies and the grocery store. I really present more as an effeminate male than as a female when in public

9) What was the general reaction? One lady at a restaurant complimented me on my sandals and asked where I got them.
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing? Oh, my ex began to only after we were separated...before that she went along with things.
    11) Why do you dress? Got $64,000 - that's the big question. The short answer is that it makes me feel feminine, and I like to at least pretend that I'm a girl.

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit. Hmmmm, it would depend on how it turned out - if I was remotely able to blend in, I might consider wearing this out in public. If not, it would just be another day and maybe a special night with my wife

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing? Curiousity...like you I wondered how I'd look in my mother's high heels, but they wouldn't fit until I put on her stockings, zowie!
    2) Have you told anyone? I've made many friends as Cissy, but I keep my male and female lives completely separate
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction? N/A
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? Skirts and stockings
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress? About 1/3 of my time I can be a she 24/7
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing? No
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How? Self-taught
    8) Have you ever ventured out? All the time
    9) What was the general reaction? Pass as just another woman
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing? Like I said, those who would disapprove do not know
    11) Why do you dress? At first it was a turn-on, now the whole experience of living life as a female is a total rush
    12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit? A tailored suit with a skirt and blazer, all my clothes are mix 'n match and it would be nice to have a totally tailored look, oh and a new wig like the one I have only a bit longer

I believe there were a few things. When I was born my mother wanted a girl and dressed me in girl clothes and curled my hair. My dad put a stop to it before I turned 2. At a family gathering when I was 5 I overheard the hens in the family remarking about "what lovely eyelashes he has. He should have been a girl". When I was about 11 I was alone in the house and saw my mothers pantyhose drying on the shower rod. I was hooked the first time I tried them on.

2) Have you told anyone?
    My wife, My stylist, and my favorite SA

Yes they were

Pantyhose and then girdles. Oddly not so much now.

Yes
    I think my mother did unknowingly. She was always trying to "dress me up" for Halloween.
    I also had a girlfriend that always wanted to dress me as a girl and take me out.

by myself

I'm out all the time. Most weeks Monday thru Wednesday then the fog lifts. Working on that!

Mostly acceptance or maybe no one cares.

Not that i am aware of, and if there is they can go &%$# themselves!!

11) Why do you dress?
    Because Michelle is too fat to walk around naked

I don't have a fantasy outfit. CD'ing ceased being a fetish for me years ago. The clothes don't matter as much as getting out there and interacting with the world as the woman i am. As long as I blend and my clothes are age appropriate and my feet don't hurt I am a happy girl!!!
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just had the urge to dress in the beautyfull coat of the girl next door when I was 4 years old. Later the urge came back when I was 12 yo and when I had the chance to wear my sisters and mothers panties, bras and skirts....

2) Have you told anyone?

Only to my wife

She did not and still does not accept

I tried to wear as much as possible clothes underwear, skirts as possible. But in my fantasies I liked dresses like the one in the videoclip of Madonna in material girl

Limited possibilities now

No

All by my self

Yes, twice

No real problems, acceptance i guess. The ladies in the shops were realy nice and one was even enthousiastic.

The first time there was some laugher, but generaly no real reaction.

11) Why do you dress?
    Because I like it

I would wear a party dress as this one with the hair, make up and big jewels as wel and have a nice evening out.

Jolanda

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    1) I first wore one of my mothers nylon slips when I was about 7 or 8 loved the feel of it, but not the reaction as I was in bed with mum and dad at the time.
    2)My ex partner of 10years
    3)The clue was in the ex
    4)My mother had a brown nylon full slip with gold lace trim, it might not look good in print, but it was gorgeous, I have been looking for one like it ever since.
    5)Now I can, see 3)
    6)No catagorically
    7)I did it my way
    8)If talking the dog for a walk at 2am on a Sunday morning, dressed en femme but conservatively, is considered going out, then yes
    9)The dog was,nt bothered AT all
    10)see 2,3,&5
    11)So I can talk to you lot
    12)Now that is a good question, I have always loved the beautiful gowns the ballroom dancers wear, the options with such an outfit is somewhat limited however, so I think I would have to learn to dance

Smile

One day after leaving church, one of those roving CD gangs grabbed me- the rest is history.

If you read around a bit, most of the answers to your questions are here in various posts.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

the happy camper

That's hard to say. There were two incidents in my early years that may have planted the seed in my mind, although I don't think either one could be pointed to as The Cause of it All. One was when my mom had me wear a pair of my sister's panties because all my underwear was in the laundry. I was somewhere between 5 and 8, I think. The second was when my sister talked me into dressing up for Halloween when I was ten. A friend of mine's mother was trying to talk him into doing it, so she called down to the house and wanted me to do it too so that he would go along with it. My older sister picked up the idea and worked on me until she got me to say yes. I didn't start voluntarily crossdressing until I was about 13 though.

2) Have you told anyone?

Yes, a few people know.

Reactions range from supportive to accepting. Nothing negative, but I've only told people I thought would react well.

The most accessible was underwear and panties. I had to go with what was available. (See the thread on borrowing.)

Semi-freely. That is, my wife helps me find opportunities, but for now I'm not fully out with the kids. They've seen me dress in "costumes" for parties, but I don't want to walk around the house dressed in front of them.

Yes.

By myself for years and years.

Yes, but only as someone wearing a costume. I've never dressed in normal femme wear and gone to someplace like the mall.

In the three times I've gone out as described above, the reaction was either nil or favorable.

No, but there would be some family members who would disapprove if they knew.

11) Why do you dress?

I like it.

Hey, hey, hey...

I don't have a specific outfit in mind, but it would be something classy and flattering--skirt & blouse or dress, stockings, pumps, shapewear to give me hips, etc--that I could wear out to a nice restaurant and a play. I would have my wife take me out for a date along those lines, but in another town where she could relax and enjoy the evening without worrying about bumping into a coworker.

When I was about 4, it just happened. I gravitated toward fem stuff.

2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes, no, they told my friends and ruined my life.

Panties, slips, bras.

Yes, but not in front of the kids.

She would have but she didn't know. She was a friend and she was into cd'ers. She would have pursued me instead of hinting around, but I'm married.

By myself.

Yes, no one really noticed.

My friends who disowned me.

11) Why do you dress?
    Cause I feel compelled to.

Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, etc. Classic dress, heels, expensive works all the way. I would take a country drive in the sun.

Hello Tara!
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you get as much out of reading this group as I do. The people who offer opinions and stories here are just like you. For me that is refreshing and makes me feel better about myself. her are the answers to your questions:

When I was ten I put on my mothers nightgown and loved the feel. The same year I went to a Halloween parade dressed as a girl and loved it.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    My wife and several close friends know.
    My friends all said so what, we are accepting and have no real reaction. My wife cannot accept it, hates Charlie and breaks down crying about it often
    I loved nylons and silky tops. Now I love putting together outfits. My favorite heels are 4" and the right color for the outfit that I am wearing.
    I dress freely about 5 days per month when I go out of town at an apartment comlex that I own. I become a woman for a week.
    Never.
    I always dressed by myself. It was my own dirty little secret. Now I have several CD friends.
    I go out every time that I take the time to dress. I hated dressing as the best lady I could be and having nowhere to go.
    I always ge positive recognition for my outfits and general look. The best compliment I have gotten was that I looked "almost passable".
    My wife.
    11) Why do you dress?
    I wish I knew. It feels right and balanced when I put on that last dab of lipstick and put on my red nails. I can't say why I feel better as a female rather then my male self.
    I would wear a tailored skirtsuit and go out to eat and attend a musical.
    Charlie

When I was younger I just felt the urge to dress

2) Have you told anyone?
    Yes, my wife, mother and a friend

Everyone was accepting it, mmmm reactions lets see, my mother just smiled, my wife was trying to figure everything out and my friend was very surprized and amazed at my clothing collection

Can't really remember

I work from home, can basicly dress when I want to.

Nope

Sofar everything I've done by myself, still a long road ahead

Not all dressed up, but if I think about it, I do wear ladies stretchy jeans with a ladies top and underwear and get away with it. I just love stretchy jeans.

So far no one noticed it

No

11) Why do you dress?
    It makes me feel good and comfortable

Let me see, a full Latex dress with gloves etc. and a pair of nice boots. yummy!

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    As a teenager my father let his friend's daughter stay at our house. She was having trouble at home. He he liked having a daughter around the house so I tried to become one and started trying on my mother's clothes. I love how they felt and how I looked. It was fun and an absolute turn on seeing myself as a girl.

2) Have you told anyone?
    The first person I'd told was a woman I lived with after we broke up. The next person was my present wife. Third was a woman who I developed a relationship with during my marriage. Last was my best friend who is gay.

3)Were the accepting / Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?
    The woman I lived with actually bought me some outfits after we broke up. I should have told her sooner. My wife is NOT I repeat NOT accepting at all. She throws it in my face all the time. My other female friend was curious when I told her and was dying to see me dressed. She did, but that was another story. My gay friend thought "so what".

4) As far as the the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?
    Actually, anything as long as I am fully dressed. Red helps too, it is my favorite color. I love the feel of a nice short skirt,sexy top, my bra strap cutting into my shoulder, pantyhose and high heels. my hair brushing in my shoulders and the tste of my lipstick on m lips.

It is impossible for me to dress right now. I fill my fanasty on www.taaz.com and www.faceinhole.com and play with the virtual me.

My lady friend loved it , it really turned her on. She loved seeing me and being with me while i was dressed. she would buy me dresses to try on and bring them back to the store.

Alone

Yes as a teen I walked around en femme.... crazy now that I think of it. Went out twice on Holloween and for a drive or two as an adult (another crazy stunt)

None

10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?.
    Did I say my wife...... well my wife 1000% disapproving

11) Why do you dress?
    It is a sexual thing and a soothing harmless hobby. It feels good to escape into my female persona.... and the clothes feel so so good. When I dressed daily I got passed the sexual part. I'd tuck myself back up and stay dressed all day around the house. It was tough cleaning in a skirt and heels... but of so much fun.

I wish you were offering.....A cute red dress that hugged my corsetted and veronica'ed curves... matching shoes and auburn hair...... I'd take dozens of pictures and post a real photo of me here.

My mother would dress me up in my sisters clothes around ages 3-6. Crazy, I know.
    I fell in love with the velvety dresses, the binding silky tights, and the mary jane shoes.
    I recall laying on the floor rubbing my legs together marveling at the sensation.

One night I went into the closet and pulled out a pair of white tights (age 7 or so) I was severely scolded.
    Confusing....

2) Have you told anyone?

Never!

Pantyhose stockings garters all the way. All colors and shapes!

I cannot. I gave up for a while to once I started looking manlier.

Just shame shame..

Solo

nope

Did not exist

I've been caught many times including this year. It is a huge problem and my family has never treated me the same since.
    I'm a freak to them.

11) Why do you dress?

I wish I was a woman. I love the feel and look of the clothes. I wish I could be open and live life in society as a girl. I believe it suits my personality more and I would be happier.

A long sleeved dress, nude pantyhose, 4 inch pumps.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3125614?...&resultback=90

Aspiring Member
    One of my older sisters dressed me up as a girl when I was about 4 and she was about 10. It just took off from there.
    2) Have you told anyone?
    The one sister thst dressed me up when I was 17 I told her I enjoy wearing her clothes./ I also told my wife after about five years of being married.
    Heck NO they haven't been accepting even though I done it for a number of years my sister never was accepting. I even went so far one evening to try and have a woman to woman talk with her, so said we can never have a woman to woman talk and I said woman to whatever then. My wife and I are divorce and have been for18-years.
    I can dress as freely as I like and do so.
    NO
    Other than my older sister dressing me as a girl one time, I have done everthing else by myself.
    YES
    I don't really care, the neighbor across the street will slam the door hard and another one will just stare.
    Family and probably a few friends
    11) Why do you dress?
    Feels like the right thing to do.
    I would take whatever was offered and go out and enjoy myself as the woman that I know I am.

FroboMay
    A childhood friend of mine brushed against me in a bikini, walking on an especially narrow pool-side walkway. The feeling of the bikini material struck me immediately and I desperately wanted to know what it felt like to wear that. Then after wearing it wanted to know what it felt like filled out like a woman...

2) Have you told anyone?
    Nope, not a soul.

-

The bikini that I "borrowed" from the friend in number 1 when I was 12

Im not stuck in a situation where I cant dress, I live with my parents and brother.. and while we're a close, loving family, we dont bother each other much. So if I go in my bedroom I can be dressed for hours without being bothered at all... so not exactly freely, but not prevented.

Nobody knows about it

Totally alone, and I was happy with it

Nope, and I dont want to... Im totally happy with what I can do in my bedroom, it's more about the feeling of "being" for me, rather than being seen or passing.

-

Nobody knows about it!

11) Why do you dress?
    I wanted to know so bad what it felt like to be in a bikini top and bottom, to feel the material, and what it's like to feel as a woman does. And that let me to wanting to fill out the bikini, and eventually other articles. I enjoy the relative tightness of feminine clothing as compared to my male wardrobe.

I would take the forms... I want breast forms so badly to feel more complete in my dress. I used water balloons a few times when I was younger (lol) but now Im starting to rediscvoer my desire for this and I need a more valid method.

My grandmother got me started and my curiosity took it from there.

2) Have you told anyone?
    My immediate family close friends and my SO know.

Disbelief first, Questions second, Shock third, Acceptance fourth

Panties and Strappy Heels

Not freely but I have alot of opportunities to do so

My gay friends and other Crossdressers were really supportive. They still give me so much strength.

See question one. It started with pantyhose and it just grew from there.

Yes, very exciting. Especially during Halloween!

Mostly none, but it depends on what I'm wearing. If it's really sexy I get alot of puzzled confused looks.

Not really, But I try to stay away from kids, parents and older people.

11) Why do you dress?
    Because it's so much FUN! And the variety of choices is so awesome. I'm one of the few men I know that completely understands why women buy so many shoes.

Underwear and shoes from Fredericks. Corset top with matching leather mini preferebly in red. Strawberry Blond wig and Mac makeup. I would get professional pictures taken and since I had the makeup and everything I would probably bring my own clothes to take pictures in them too. After I was exhausted from that I would probably party till dawn going just about everywhere.

It's hard to tell. I remember myself wearing my mom's panties when I was 6 or 7. I may have done that even before. Whatever it was, I can't put my finger on it.

2) Have you told anyone?
    Not really. My wife knows that I dress and I do that in front of her. She accepted that as a part of our sex life but she's OK if I underdress daily or dress at home at other times. I never told her about my history before her and I purged before moving in with her. Nobody else knows, however I always had the feeling that my mother may suspect something. And, of course, all of you girls.

My wife accepted it. But, again, I didn't really opened up to her and told her everything in detail. I started by wearing her clothes while having sex or, typically, waiting for her in bed with her panties and nightgown while she was taking a shower. Just to keep them warm for her.

Panties and slips.

With kids at home, it's not easy.

Not that I can remember.

I'm pretty sure I started by myself.

Yes, but it was very limited and without public.

No reaction.

No.

11) Why do you dress?
    I feel good doing it. I have no other way to explain it.

I'd like something with a blouse and a straight skirt, not too formal, and just an inch heels. There's something about that outfit that stuck with me since my childhood. Kind of the image of the woman of that time, sober, discrete, elegant and yet feminine.

Gold Member
    Quite a variety of questions for today's survey it seems.....

A little bedroom play when I was in my early 40's.

2) Have you told anyone?

My wife, two daughters, son-in-law, wife's two friends, my hair stylist and good friend, assorted SAs, other cd'ers, and probably dozens that my youngest daughter has told in the weeks that she has known.

Not a bad reaction yet. Pushing the odds. Everything has been positive and supportive.

I'd say bras. Mixed it up though.

Mostly. Not out to the world, but I can dress around the house at will as long as only my wife or daughters are here. Not in front of the grandkids or most friends yet.

Wife and older daughter do. Helped me get out more then I already was.

My wife helped me with clothes shopping. Make-up was on my own until the friend that knows gave me a lesson.

Yes

A few noticed. Mostly indifference. I always joke about each time out almost always running to one lady (not the same one) that will notice and have this paniced look while poking their husband furiously. High comedy!

Not yet.

11) Why do you dress?

It feels right. Some self expression.

Tough one to think of on the fly. I think a (semi-)formal night out would be great. A photoshoot wouldn't be bad either.

1) q What started you on the path to Crossdressing?
    a Being sexually abused as a kid, dressed in his sister's clothes, told that god made a mistake and that I was really supposed to be a girl. You can read the entire tale by clicking on the link in my sig.
    2) q Have you told anyone?
    a Told my ex wife (who divorced me because of it), told my mom (who likes to pretend it doesn't exist), told my sister (who was mortified and has pretty much avoided any contact with me ever since).
    3) q accepting?
    a No. Hell no.
    q What was their reaction?
    a Horrified look on their faces. Ex wife went to couples therapy with me for a while, but really couldn't accept it. Family likes to pretend the discussion never happened.
    4) q favorite article of clothing?
    a His sister's cheerleader uniform. I still like those uniforma; I feel pretty and desirable when wearing one.
    5) q Can you dress freely?
    a I live alone. I dress as a female whenever I'm home alone.
    6) q Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?
    a Other than my abuser, no.
    7) q did somebody help you along?
    a At first, he just asked me to wear the female clothing. He was my only friend, so I would do whatever he asked. Later, as he became interested in GG's, I felt I was losing my only friend, and only source of physical affection; I started initiating the dressing up because I knew it was what he wanted. At that point I had convinced myself that he was right, and I was trying to be the best girl that I could, in hopes that god would notice me and fix me.
    8) q Have you ever ventured out?
    a only to take a midnight ride in my car, and that was nearly disastrous, so I haven't repeated it.
    9) q What was the general reaction?
    a I drove an exotic car; I was noticed by some younger men and they followed me for quite a while, trying to get my attention. I think they thought I was a GG and figured since I was driving a fast car, they might have something in common with me. I was terrified that if they found out I was a guy, I might get beaten or killed.
    10) q Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?
    a Ex wife, family members.
    11) q Why do you dress?
    a Short answer is that I feel like I'm supposed to dress, and behave as a girl. Long story is pages long, read the posts referenced in my sig.
    12) q Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit
    a I have most of the clothes I want. Like many, I dream about a wedding gown, but it's really impractical to wear, so I wouldn't get much use out of it or get to wear it very often. Taking it to the cleaners isn't something I want to do, as I'm still in the closet.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.