Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What started you on the path to crossdressing? (survey)

Banned Read only
    My mother let it be known several times that she would rather have had girls!

Me?...Don't know.
    Sorry I skipped the questions.
    I like the clothes. All I know is I just want to be that....you know, whatever it is that women do.
    I'm a guy? Oh, yeah, I forgot.
    Being a guy is not so bad. I decided I'm not going to give that up.
    Whatever happens in my life day by day, I can deal with. If I'm out somewhere in a cocktail dress on a Saturday night, I'm happy

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    A little survey for all of us.

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing? It's hard to say. I began noticing things as early as 5 or 6 years of age but didn't act on it until I was about 10 or 11. After that it was just like any trip, one foot after the other.
    2) Have you told anyone? My wife and other crossdressers.
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction? For my wife it was Shock at first, then investigation and finally acceptance. She believes that my feminine side is one of the things that makes me such a good husband. She wasn't really pleased that I hid it from her for so long, but all is good now.
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)? whatever I could get my hands on
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress? I can dress at home when we believe no visitors will drop by. I dress for support group meetings and when we are out of town.
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing? Of course the voices in my head had a lot to do with it, but I always received good advice and support from my friends on line.
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How? I can't blaime anyone else. It's all my fault.
    8) Have you ever ventured out? sure. back yard, then to the ice machine from my room at motels and now I'll go just about anywhere, out of town.
    9) What was the general reaction? Everything from being ignored to being laughed at. Mostly people are in their own world and don't pay much attention.
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing? the people who laughed at me and a young man at the Bellagio in Las Vegas who had seen just a few too many men in dresses for that day. He was a little put out I guess, but it sounded like a personal problem to me and I went about my business.
    11) Why do you dress? because I'll get arrested if I go out naked? Oh, in woman's clothing, right? It feels very good, very comfortable and very natural to me. It is a puzzle that I've decided not to try and solve.
    12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit? I'd love to be a bride. Of course I'd love to be 5 inches shorter and 70 pounds lighter too with a smaller nose, hands and feet. It ain't gonna happen, so I'll just dress to blend and enjoy myself.

I was going to say something about the woman in a leather corset who put a gun to my head and forced me to dress as her maid for 3 months, but no one would believe me, so I invented the rest of the answers instead of going with the truth this time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara in the closet View Post

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing?
    Unclear; probably goes back to childhood...
    2) Have you told anyone?
    Current wife and a good friend (female)
    3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?
    Yes, positive
    4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?
    Underclothes: bras, thongs, girdles (all generally black)
    5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress?
    Yes, I often underdress. I occasionally completely dress at home, but I probably could more often.
    6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?
    Current wife does sometimes.
    7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?
    Mostly by myself.
    8) Have you ever ventured out?
    Once
    9) What was the general reaction?
    Positive, lots of laughs, had fun, lesbian complimented my legs.
    10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?
    No, but then again the list of people who know is REAL short...
    11) Why do you dress?
    It feels good. It feels like I'm getting away with something that I shouldn't. There is a sexual component also.
    12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?
    A wool sweaterdress with patterned tights, low heeled pumps (bad ankle) and a nice scarf. Probably take my wife to a nice resturant; both of us dressed, of course.

1) What started you on the path to Crossdressing?
    Was bored one day and tried on some of my mom's undies when I was six or seven, and that was it.

2) Have you told anyone?
    Sure, a few. Wife, three ex girlfriends, two therapists, several spa workers, that kind of thing.

3) Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?
    Spa workers/therapists, no problems. The SO's, varying problems. No outright rejection though.

4) As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?
    Early as in years? Didn't matter, as long as it was smooth and nylon.

5) Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress?
    Dress at home only.

6) Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?
    No, well, one of my waxers, but that's it.

7) When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?
    My mom bought a few things for me when I was a kid. Slips, panties.

8) Have you ever ventured out?
    Only for halloween, and the occasional bicycle ride dressed (not near home though)

9) What was the general reaction?
    Ha, great halloween outfit!!! None on bike rides

10) Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?
    Sure, SOs, but not oppressive.

11) Why do you dress?
    Who knows???

12) Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?
    Probably a slinky evening gown, great undies, CFM heels (that fit!!!), and someplace nice and accepting to go, preferably with a more accepting version of my wife and lots of GGs.
    -Sedona

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara in the closet
    What started you on the path to Crossdressing?

[SIZE="2"]I didn’t like my boy clothes.[/SIZE]

Have you told anyone?

[SIZE="2"]I don’t have to. It’s obvious.[/SIZE]

Were they/ Have they been accepting? What was their reaction?

[SIZE="2"]Some like it. Some hate it. Some are indifferent. Some aren’t sure about it. Some assume I’m queer. Some assume I’m very queer. Some cannot leave me alone. Some leave me alone. Some ignore me. Some want to beat me up. Some want to beat it out of me. Some want to love me. Some want to beat me up, then love me.[/SIZE]

As far as the early stages of your dressing go, what was your favorite article of clothing or shoes (Color, material, etc.)?

[SIZE="2"]A dress or a skirt.[/SIZE]

Can you dress freely? Or are you stuck in a situation where you can't dress?

[SIZE="2"]I can dress freely a good portion of the time.[/SIZE]

Did anyone ever encourage your crossdressing?

[SIZE="2"]Certain family members encourage me, along with some friends. I encourage myself, mainly.[/SIZE]

When you started, did you do it by yourself, or did somebody help you along? How?

[SIZE="2"]I got help from a family member. I was quite young.[/SIZE]

Have you ever ventured out?

[SIZE="2"]All the time.[/SIZE]

What was the general reaction?

[SIZE="2"]Shock, disgust, fear, loathing, amazement, disbelief, ignorance, and begrudging acceptance. I honestly don’t care about what people think. I like to encourage reactions.[/SIZE]

Was there anybody who disapproves of your dressing?

[SIZE="2"]Most of the world. Why do you think I’m here?[/SIZE]

Why do you dress?

[SIZE="2"]I must.[/SIZE]

Say that somebody offers you 1 free outfit (Clothes, Hosiery, shoes, Mani/Pedi, Hair, makeup done by professional artist, forms) with no strings attached- What would you pick to wear, How would you use the outfit?

[SIZE="2"]I would choose the outfit and “look” according to the situation I envision, keeping my age in mind, and I would use it to express myself.[/SIZE]