Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be honest.... who hasnt "borrowed" feminine clothing?

Be honest.... who hasnt "borrowed" feminine clothing?

Yeah yeah yeah... "Borrowing" is bad!! Bad bad bad and everyone knows you should get you own clothes. But who has never ever borrowed? Especially for us mature girls who started when they were pre-teens and didn't have the means to get to a store let alone buy anything fem.. "Dad can I have my allowance for the next 6 moths to go buy a few new bras?". Anyway males weren't even allowed to walk through the ladies department... If you did you had to walk real fast and keep your eyes straight ahead!! Lol.

Come on.. Be honest!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This is an interesting topic.

What is your definition of "Borrowed"? Can I assume you mean something that you used and returned (hopefully after having it washed).

I "Borrowed" up until a few years ago when I started buying my own things. I Borrowed stuff from my mother, sister and wife (after I was married). The thing is, they did not know about it.

I also had a friend who's dad owned a factory that manufactured Lingerie. God I love going to that place. My friend even gave me free stuff for my "girlfriend", although she never saw most of it. I purged it just before I got married.

I never "Borrowed" without returning or bought with a five finger discount. That would be just unethical.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Yup, I know I'm guilty! Of course it started with mom and my sister. Then my wife and sister when she lived with us for a short time.....almost got busted by her one morning, but that's another story!
    Since my last purge, I don't really have anything to call my own except for hose and a few panties. So I borrow from the wife from time to time.....hey she wears my stuff all the time!

I had no sisters so the only women's clothing in the house was my mother's. Nothing there to borrrow. I didn't come back to cross-dressing until recently and my wife is sizes smaller than me, so no borrowing there.
    And I'm picky, I like new, I like quality....
    I will admit that I look at the size labels of everything that comes into the house though, just in case......
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

I love when a young person adds a thread about using moms or sisters clothes and then someone will write and scold him. I really can't believe most of us didn't start that way. I did. It was hard enough back then to admit to yourself that you wanted to dress up. How many of us like Karen said just ran down to the womans section and bought a few things? I don't think to many. I was very embarrased about my feelings. When a young person works up the courage to write to us, lets be very tender in our replies. They like us will someday buy there own clothes.

I couldn't agree more; I started out borrowing my role model's clothes...Mom's...and did so until I left home. I borrowed my wife's here and there and still borrow a cute top now and then (but don't girl friends do that anyway?). But I too eventually began building my own wardrobe and have borrowed less and less. Plus, our tastes are very different.

I certainly did, starting with my mother's stuff over 50 years ago. I didn't have money to buy school cloths let alone female stuff. It never entered my mind to buy my own and I don't think I could have if it had. I was well into adulthood by the time I bought my own wardrobe.

Ohhh I forgot to mention that at the end of the thread I will be chastising everyone who was bad bad!! Lol. I guess we should split that into "borrowed permanently" and "borrowed and returned"? My list is so long. I was a prolific borrower! .

.......My Photos

I "borrowed" my mother's. I think that must be how most of us got started. i also borrowed fro girlfriends (they didn't know) When i got married my wife insisted that we go shopping because the thought of me wearing her stuff freaked her out. That was 35 years ago and today thanks to her I have as big a wardrobe as she does, and i'm still not allowed to wear her stuff!! LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The feelings of being different started at the age of 5 which was in 1967. Borrowing cloths was the only resource I had.
    I have to admit that I have felt guilty about borrowing cloths from mom and my sisters but a child must do what a child must do. And I did apologize to my mom and little sister when I realized that cding was something I could not dispose of some time around 1997 when cding became something I have to explore and understand.

From the time I left home until now everything has been bought by me for me save for a skirt that my wife bought me to show me that she supports me.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

Borrowed from mum , then borrowed and forgot to return so got busted at an early age. Borrowed a bit from the wife once I was married but soon thought that was not on. So brought my own.

Maybe there should be a 3rd section to the thread."who has had here wife borrow or ask to borrow from us" as that happens too

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    I borrowed my wife's cute denim jacket last week while she was out of town. It was a bit chilly that night and I didn't have anything to wear like that. I DID return it...to the closet and hung it up neatly.
    Oh and I did borrow some things a few months ago....but I put those back too. Now that I have my own stuff...
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

Wow Karren, can I relate to that. Fortunately for me I was blessed with three older sisters and would actually borrow items of clothing from them all the time. As far as "borrowing", I did plenty of that too, from clotheslines (remember when people actually hung laundry outdoors to dry?), and laundromats. I'll bet those women still wonder what happened to thier panties, bras, and slips TeeHee!

I also remember wanting so bad to be in the lingerie department at the local dept stores so I could see and feel all the pretty feminine finery but as you said, that was a no-no for boys, so all I could do was fantasize about being locked in the store overnight and having the lingerie all to myself.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Of course I did - back when I was a teenager terrified at the thought of buying my own.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    One advantage of starting late, and starting at the instigation of my wife, is that we offer each other clothes all the time! In my perfect world we would have the same sizes! We're working on it!

tina

Well it's a one way street in our house. Out of respect I don't wear my wifes clothes. BUT ..... I catch her borrowing stuff of mine on from time to time. Of course I don't mind because I feel it gives me some kind of validation as to my taste in clothes.

Silver Member
    The question is not WHO hasn't borrowed. We all have.

The question is how can we teach that it's wrong. It is wrong. And impolite, and a bit gross, when you come right down to it.

Let's face it. YOU may think it's alright to borrow someone else's underwear. You might even loan someone your underwear with out thinking a thing about it. But women have a different view of this. They don't want you borrowing their underwear and if they found out you did they, would probably throw that particular garment away. There is a reason they call them "intimates", and if they found that you had worn them (don't even mention what you did while you were wearing them), they would be disgusted.

I know I would be. PLEASE don't borrow my underwear. And especially please don't borrow my underwear and "come" in it. Ick.

And clothes? Sorry. Same problem. It's not gonna fit you and you will stretch it all out of shape, put little tears at the seams, and ruin the zipper.

Yes, buy your own. I know that for a beginner, that's very hard. Maybe we should have a clothes bank here where for a nominal postage fee, you could put all our castoffs to good use.

Stephie

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Borrowed ? Of course. Back in the beginning there was not much other choice. It took rash bravery to buy something that really was intended for my wife. Later I came to believe it was for her but I knew that it was for me.
    One thing against borrowing is the the owner usually knows whatever it was that was borrowed had been moved/refolded//.
    None of us can hope to fold any item, large or small in the way that it was originally folded. Even hanging a skirt in a wardrobe has its little quirks.

~Samm

I really cannot borrow anything from my wife. It would be awfully slim pickings since her clothes don't fit me. Even if they did, she has hardly any skirts and dresses and no heels - I have far more of those items than she does and I wear those items on a regular basis. The only time I have seen her in a skirt was when we got married. I have never seen her wear any one-piece dresses other than sleepwear.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

me too.
    From my mom mostly. Lots of memories trying to fold just right and place back exactly. She more than likely knew all about me but never said a word and neither did I.

Hers my list

Mother, sister, step sister, grandmother, aunt, step mother, girls across the street, 5 or 6 girl friends, wife, female boarder, second female boarder who ended up being my 10th grade english teacher, friends sisters next door neighbor (long story)... Couple girls in the dorm.... Couple random girls I slept with at college.... Step sisters friend...

.......My Photos

In our house, my wife and I share whatever clothes we can whenever we want. Shoes, well that becomes problamatic... Damm

Kerry

Actually my wife borrowed one of my bra extenders recently.......and she has worn a blouse or two of mine.......nothing of hers fits me!

Ohhh...and we use each other's makeup, except for mascara....
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-13-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Sure, I "temporarily adopted" my older sister's clothing back during the early days of discovery. Like others have written there was'nt many other options available at the time. They always borrowed each others items, which always led to one or the other starting an argument. I'm pretty sure that at least once a wrinkled or misplaced article was on account of me.

As an adult, I've had the resources and acceptance at home to assemble my own wardrobe. When I have worn something of my wife's its because it was handed to me.

Guilty as charged your Honor!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long