Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be honest.... who hasnt "borrowed" feminine clothing?

Well, I guess you could say that I borrowed my Mother's shoes and dresses when I was young (and small enough) that they fit me; but I never wore any of her underthings with the exceptions of pantyhose. I did have a bit of a collection of clothing and shoes that came from bags destined for charity, or at least I did until my Mother found the stashes. I was not able to articulate just why I wanted to wear/keep feminine clothing at the time so she took them for the charity drives. I did not like that but at least the clothes may have gone on to help some girl in the end. This and the fact that I grew rapidly during my teen years placed a pause on my dressing, but after I was on my own and had my own money and whatnot (and again my size) meant that I no longer had to (or could).

For the younger members of the forum I know a lot of us frown on the action of 'borrowing' but I really do not see too much harm in it (with the exception of undergarments) as long as you do not keep it. Hence the term borrow. But to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    Mother, sister, aunt, girlfriends, 3 female roommates, wife, lady who I house sat for, friends who were girls, friend's sisters, friend's girlfriends, friend's mom's, sister-in-law, cousins, dancers, Las Vegas showgirl.
    Yeah!! Showgirl sounds like fun!! .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This is a great thread.
    I had borrowed my Moms stuff off and on for years. She would borrow it back and I would get so embarrassed, plus she would make fun of me, which hurt. I have all brothers etc...
    I was borrowing stuff until very recently, maybe 1 year ago when it hit me that it does not feel good to take things from people, I do not need that kind of high, and not to be self righteous, it goes directly against who I am.
    It is just being a Cder..where are we going to get clothes, I was never bold enough or honest enough with myself to get my own. Than we are hit with the urge to dress...I wake in the middle of the night wanting to shave sometimes...Anyway I am guilty but it is unlikely that I will do it again...think of how those people feel when their stuff is missing, not a good feeling. Hey what about that old Woody Allan movie Every thing you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask or something like that..with I believe the character Sam does some cding...
    polythene pam

Mom, Sister, Sister, girls I went to school with, lady I baby sat for, another lady I baby sat for,a nun, girl friends, friends of girl friends, first wife, a few more girl friends, second wife, mother in laws....i am guilty

Just like everyone else was a borrower, mother, sister, a few clothes packed in attic, starting around age 8 or 9 not sure. Eventually able to purchase my own, but purged long before marriage, also thought this would all go away, then wifes. Now I have some of my own and some things that my wife will no longer wear.

Aspiring Member
    I borrowed from my older sister till my mom caught me then she bought me my own

Oddly enough, I had never borrowed my mom's stuff, or even my sisters. That is other then the full white slip that hung in the bathroom that kind of started it all at age 10 or so. But I never even put it on. I found a discarded stash of female clothes in an empty garage apartment behind our house and that was enough for me in those first couple of years. Later, married, my wife was so tiny I could not borrow hers if I wanted to. But a few raids on those donation boxes for Goodwill did the trick. But for most of my adult life I bought my own and think it is very wrong as an adult to borrow anyone's clothes without permission. And I never ask to borrow either. But I cherish some of the hand me downs from my partners in the past.

I borrowed from my mother and grandmother. From others I stole, as I had no intention of returning them. I stopped doing that when I was 18 or something. And have gotten my clothes from stores since.

[SIZE=6]I'm guilty! Of course it started with mom.[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

Nice thread. I borrowed mom's stuff in the early years. Bought some when I got older (high school) Have borrowed from wife 22 yrs ago. Had all my own ever since. Wish I still had all the stuff I purged over the years!

Ok I admit I'm guilty of this also. Like Karen said expecially when younger. I started when I was 12 or so and the opportunity to buy my own clothes was pretty much nonexistant. So it started with borrowing from my mom's clothes, sometimes from the laundry hamper (do people still use "hampers") and sometimes from her dresser. I was lucky my sister was 9 years older than me so for much of my time she was away at college and I had the chance to borrow from her left over undies.

One semi-funny story happened when I was in High School and my mother who was a real estate agent called me at school, they actually called me out of class .... apparently my mother had a meeting and she needed her black slip. She couldn't find it because I had it and hid it in my dresser. I didn't have time to return it I guess. Anyway she asked where it was and said she was in a hurry. I told her and then I dreaded coming home that day .... I don't remember what happened .... maybe I'm blocking it out .

hugs - maggie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maggie
    Let Yourself Be Free
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

I can actually remember putting on my mothers old nightdress and sleeping in it when I was 4 years old. Guess that makes me a normal average C.D.er, yes?

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by maggiecdva View Post
    One semi-funny story happened when I was in High School and my mother who was a real estate agent called me at school, they actually called me out of class .... apparently my mother had a meeting and she needed her black slip. She couldn't find it because I had it and hid it in my dresser. I didn't have time to return it I guess. Anyway she asked where it was and said she was in a hurry. I told her and then I dreaded coming home that day .... I don't remember what happened .... maybe I'm blocking it out .

hugs - maggie
    Omg... That would be embarrassing!! And brings back memories. We had rented a room to a student teacher and when she wasn't around I went through her lingerie drawer. (Bad bad bad... I know). But she must have said something to my mother who cornered me and asked me if I did it which I admitted I did go through her drawer... Looking for change. Appearently being a crook was better than being a pervert. Lol. I think my mom knew. She just let it slide.

.......My Photos

Guilty. And that's all I'm going to say as I sit here in a two-piece dress I borrowed.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

No, I never borrowed. Since I didn't start cross-dressing until much later in life, I had no female relatives (close by), friends, etc to borrow from. Never married, so no wife to borrow from. When I started, I bought my own things. Sorry to be the odd one out.
    Lois

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Page View Post
    No, I never borrowed. Since I didn't start cross-dressing until much later in life, I had no female relatives (close by), friends, etc to borrow from. Never married, so no wife to borrow from. When I started, I bought my own things. Sorry to be the odd one out.
    Lois
    Yea!!! Lois wins the first ever Crossdressers Integrity Award!!! Yet your story saddens me somewhat. More like you missed out on your crossdressers right of passage or something. As strange as that sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Guilty. And that's all I'm going to say as I sit here in a two-piece dress I borrowed.
    Past sins can and will be forgiven, Sherrie..... But new ones? Your on your own! lol.

.......My Photos

Yes me too, I "Borrowed from Mom, and older sister often. Neighbors clothes line a time or two, I know I'm not that nice of a person! Cousins and friend where not that save either. As you said karren, in the 50's being a thief was Honorable, compared to being a cross dresser (Transvestite back then). I never did buy anything until I got married the first time, and told my wife I cross dressed, It saved her stuff from getting stretched out so often. I purged after the divorce, and didn't buy anything again until after I told my second wife about my strange hobby. I still borrow from my wife, but now it's with her permission. Oh, and I belong to both groups, borrowed and returned and "borrowed and forgot to return". But I still say you shouldn't do it, it makes women crazy!
    Tina B.

Just a few things
    Michelle

So far, besides the expected answers to the original post, we've had a showgirl and a nun. It makes me realize what a sheltered life I've led.

A nun!! If there is a god I hope she has a sense of humor on that one!! Lol.

.......My Photos

I wore moms underware and stockings, Ialso had an aunt who had nothing but black lingere and stockings and managed to borrow some of them and get them back without being caught.

Karren -- My wife knows I borrow from time-to-time (never intimates since I have enough of my own). She, however, doesn't want to know what I have worn. Even though when she buys some new outfit and brings it home and a day or two goes by, she will ask how I like it (insinuating that I tried it on).
    Oh, well, once a ......
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

That sounds like a great situation Sherrie!! Aka way better than mine... Sigh.... Have I told you I hated you lately?

.......My Photos

FroboMay
    I, too, had my first experience with cd result from a borrowed article.

When I was 12 I had a long time friend who lived across the street, we had been friends since we were little.
    We went swimming together at her house frequently, and one day I had a strange thought as her side brushed against my arm on an especially narrow walkway one one side of the pool. I really really liked the way the material felt on my arm, and I began to think about what it would feel like to wear something like that. I thought about it all night and the next day, in fact.
    Sometime within the next few days, we ended up in her bedroom about to go outside for a walk to the nearby lake when she left to use the bathroom. As I sat in the room alone for a minute I saw the bikini still laying out on the floor from a few days ago, so in a mad burst of spontaneity I grabbed the two-piece and shoved them into the backpack that I had with me containing our drinks and some food. I made up some excuse that I had to run home quick and I'd be right back... shoved the two piece under my mattress for later inspection
    She was an early bloomer too, so at 12 the bikini had a considerable cup-size, and I used some water balloons as make-shift breast forms. As I felt the weight, and the bounce.. and stood in front of the mirror to see my new shape, there was a feeling I cant really describe, but I think it was closest to extremely happy excitement, like a kid when the amusement park is coming into view down the road, lol.
    Sorry if I went a little off topic, that was the only thing I really ever borrowed.. never did return it, my parents found it eventually and threw it away... and I would never steal something now. It was just a rush of childish curiosity and "I want that". I havnt really dressed much since (Im 22 now), but Im really excited to be looking into these things with the adult resources (Such as money and internet) now at my disposal .

Not lately, Karren. It's not all roses as it may sound. She doesn't approve and has never seen me dressed. She moans about my buying clothing, make-up, or jewelry. I tell her she can do the same, but she doesn't like shopping for those things like I do.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall